Jim Jones interview w/ Funk flex, spills guts + Cam Response

Ayy. Grimey my ***** :pimp:.

He rocks with Future a Lil bit now. My man seen the light :lol:.

Difference is....we'd jokingly go back and forth about how I rocked with dudes music, and how he hated Future/music.

You jumping out a window over Camron....looking ridiculous.

You don't have to defend everything cam does man. And I'll @ and respond to whoever I want :lol:.
Bro please post me coming at someone crazy in this thread idek what your talking about right now and AGAIN QUOTE ME SAYING CAM WASNT WRONG

laugh.gif

Dudes up here. Like dudes weren't snapping their wrist imitating a free throw saying ballin.

Because you like an artist does not mean you have to defend everything they do or that is said about them. Some of you are on some next level groupie ****
"Oh boy" was the #4 song in the entire country. #1 on the hip hop & R&B charts

"Hey Ma" was the #3 song in the entire country.

These singles dropped back to back too. "Oh Boy" and "Hey MA" were bigger or just as big of songs as "Ballin".

Again We Fly High became a lot bigger than the charts. It became a pop culture moment.

Again, it was being played in sporting events across the country.

Hell, I just heard it in Entourage a couple of weeks ago.
You do realize majority of your comments in here are tryna **** on Cam weird *** _
laugh.gif

I like ALL these dudes and wish they could ALL reunite again, I'm not a Stan of nobody.

I just asked a question. YOU responded by saying they played it in sports stadiums nationwide so I asked is that the metric we using.

All I Do is Win has gotten way more plays in sports stadiums than We Fly High. There's teams that to this day play that **** after every home victory,  they played it at a damn White House Dinner. I wouldn't use that as evidence of it being a bigger song tho.

Edit:
I'm not saying it wasn't big but I personally don't think it was this obvious way bigger song like you're making it out to be.

Last edited:
Hey Ma and Oh Boy where big songs and topped the charts.But We Fly High (Ballin) was historically huge in a weird way to.The stars lined up good and perfect for Jim on that song.It was supposedly rumored to be a Max B song.The hook and beat was already done.Jim told Max he wanted it.Max didnt hesitate.He said that he wanted to help Jim in anyway.I say this to say that.It wasnt even suppose to be a hit.But it did become a hit.That song is the biggest hit out of Dipset as far as culture and world wide appeal.You had the Giants playing non stop all through there season.Then it gets a even bigger push when they when win the SuperBowl.The remix video,high school,college,professional sporting events.Clubs,parties.If you traveled around that time.Then you would know how big it became.We Fly High definitely had a bigger impact in all aspects of the culture.If you had to choose between having 1 of the 3 songs being your single.Which 1 would it be.Cam was definitely on the decline when We Fly High was released.Jim was reeeeeeaaaaal hot with the Byrdgang mixtapes.He had his solo album's releasing as well.Jims music hustle was stronger than Cams at the time.Jim had better rappers around him.Jim was releasing more mixtapes/albums than Cam was.Jim was bigger than Cam popularity wise at that moment.Imagine the legendary music we wouldve gotten if Cam,Juelz.And the rest of Dipset was combined with Byrdgang at that time.

With We Fly High the song was huge, the jumpshot was huge,the video started the end of tall t's and the beginning of fitted clothes. :lol:

Randomly watched A Day in The Fast Life the other day, forgot how entertaining this _ was 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
^^^^ to this day.....I still joke about people having a "Tom Landry face".....and having "cataract all in their eyes"

:rofl:

CLASSIC. Documentary. Max in Miami>>>>>>

Oh Boy and Hey Ma were huge but We Fly High was a crossover hit. That became a pop type hit so it was bigger. We Fly High got played out real quick though.

Oh Boy and Hey Ma were absolutely crossover hits.

If you want to argue that We Fly High had more a Pop culture element with the "jumpshot" etc. that is understandable though.

since this is basically a dipset thread now...

none of these cats are really mad at each other

All three songs were huge crossover hits.

Some of you dudes have real short term memories.

We fly high might've been bigger due to the timing it came out which pretty much coincided with the internet starting to be the reason things went viral. With the memes, etc, that really helped the song blow.

Back when oh boy and hey ma came out, it was pretty much just mtv videos and radio that got a song out there and with that it was still huge.

Hell, if the nba was open to hip hop like it is now, oh boy would've been performed at the halftime nba all star game tribute to Michael Jordan when Mariah sang.

Jim always had other stuff going on, never gonna take that away from him. I also think that's because he didn't really see himself as a rapper or think he was gonna blow.

Back
Top Bottom