Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

My associates degree payin off, Applied science process technology. In 4 years I'll reach top pay $37.00 with a lil OT hit 100k. Working 4 days on, 4 days off. Also after 4 years I can move up in position = mo $$$$ U guys have any questions inbox.

Job was hard to get 2500 applicants, 30 open positions.

that is awesome man

good for you

Last edited:
Well that explains how Homer was supporting a family of basically 6 on his lonesome....

But congrats man thats a major W for you. I would hide some of the details of that email though, this is the internet after all.

Thanks, finally being broke is near and end for me. U guys keep you'lls heads up, I got 7 regret to inform u letters from other companies before getting hired by Exxon.

Have the emails saved in my email folders to show my daughter when she grows up, its not ez finding a good job. Getting regret to inform u letters tears u apart just don't give up.

I had a job that I hated so looked for a new job for about a year and a half. Finally found a new gig that pays well and I really enjoy it. Social Media Manage for a large corporation. Been doing it for three weeks now and really enjoy it. Just keep grinding.
I've been looking for similar gigs while I'm waiting on my civil service jobs to pan out. What's your background?

My associates degree payin off, Applied science process technology. In 4 years I'll reach top pay $37.00 with a lil OT hit 100k. Working 4 days on, 4 days off. Also after 4 years I can move up in position = mo $$$$ U guys have any questions inbox.

Job was hard to get 2500 applicants, 30 open positions.

Jobs not for mechanical division, its for baytown refinery received another email.

For those wondering what I'll be doing, basically Homer Simpsons job.

:pimp:

you must be on cloud 9 :lol:

Hope to see more posts like this in this thread. I'm off today and tomorrow so I'll be sending out apps all day. Still haven't heard back from BofA and it's been a week so I'm assuming that's a no-go. On to the next one.

got an interveiw for an inventory auditor taker on the 19th. I don't have a clue what it is , but im going to sell it because god knows how bad i need this job right now.

got an interveiw for an inventory auditor taker on the 19th. I don't have a clue what it is , but im going to sell it because god knows how bad i need this job right now.
To sum it up, a company outsources their inventory taking needs so that they don't have to pay overtime. That is where you step in. All you're doing is taking inventory. It's very boring and very tedious.

To sum it up, a company outsources their inventory taking needs so that they don't have to pay overtime. That is where you step in. All you're doing is taking inventory. It's very boring and very tedious.

Yeah it's a pretty **** job with not much freedom.

Yeah it's a pretty **** job with not much freedom.
welp. I'm not in college yet( taking a year off), but i'm sure i can handle it. plus it pays 8.50 an hour which isn't much to you guys but i don't even have a car yet so i'll take it man.

I need some life advice , anybody got any?

welp. I'm not in college yet( taking a year off), but i'm sure i can handle it. plus it pays 8.50 an hour which isn't much to you guys but i don't even have a car yet so i'll take it man.

I need some life advice , anybody got any?
You being a kid, 8.50 is something as long as you don't settle.

Wooooooow. Just waited on hold for 2 1/2 hours to file a unemployment claim and when I finally got through, she got disconnected and I have to do this tedius stuff all over again just to talk to someone

@bossjin, how tedious was the application process and when did you apply
Application process is Ez you can apply whenever. The hard part is booking a test slot, the process is long unless your willing to go to where ever the next testing location is which is usually out of state, they post testing locations on there website. They usually only test each location once a year, I know because i was up at 12a.m. trying to book a test seat, stayed awake until 6 a.m. fell asleep and woke up at 10 a.m. and all the test seats were taken, thats 2000+ people ez.

After you test and you pass, then your considered for a interview if you have the credentials they're looking for. It's a 4-12 month process, depending on when you test. If you have anything bad on your background I'd say you have no chance.

I applied in august 2012, missed Baytown, Tx test September 2012, got a test seat in Beaumont, Tx a hour from home in February 2013, got my first interview  in October 2013, 2nd interview November 2013, offered employment this past week, job starts February 3, 2014.

Well I just got back from Memphis last night and come to find out the job is actually a internship position. The interview was really laid back and I was given a tour of the whole facility. The head supervisor took me out to eat and spent most of the time talking about football (we're both Cowboy fans) :lol: Long story short fellas I just received a call about 20 minutes ago with an offer for the internship position that I'm going to take :pimp: Hourly pay and they're going to pay for my apartment, this feeling is amazing guys. Everybody keep your head up and keep grinding.

My homeboy swore up and down that if I spent a week in Houston that he guarantees I would find some type of job. I've been here for 8 days and I've had 4 interviews. I was hired for one, but I don't start until the 30th, so if I find something that pays better, I'm hopping on that The other two I'm awaiting a second interview for and the other one I just haven't heard back from. I think it's going quite well so far, just need to get some concrete living arrangements.

My homeboy swore up and down that if I spent a week in Houston that he guarantees I would find some type of job. I've been here for 8 days and I've had 4 interviews. I was hired for one, but I don't start until the 30th, so if I find something that pays better, I'm hopping on that The other two I'm awaiting a second interview for and the other one I just haven't heard back from. I think it's going quite well so far, just need to get some concrete living arrangements.
No Experience required they'll train you, just have to pass 1 pretest they have. No one gets fired unless you fail a drug test, late to work, or no call/no show for work. Trust me theres a few guys who should've been fired a long time ago for the stuff they do.

If you'd like to make $14.50 a hour apply at http://exprogroup.com/homepage/  apply for a "assistant operator or technician position" theres a couple locations near Houston. I suggest applying for Mont Belvieu, I currently work there but will be leaving for Exxon in January. Mont Belvieu is like 30 mins from downtown Houston, not sure if your familiar with the area.

Jobs easy as hell lot of *** time. The hardest part of the job is rigging up a portable flare with 2" or 4" pipe which usually take no longer than 1-2 hours. The Flares are used to burn chemicals companies need to get rid of. You'll like working there as long as you don't mind working crazy hours usually 50-80 a week day and night shift, only really work like 20 hours. Theres a lot of chill time on this job, just sucks you won't be at home as much as you want to. Have to travel sometimes for a week or 2. I've worked there 6 months been out of town for like 3 weeks total. Couple days here and there.

Expro does contractor work for Exxon, Dcp midstream, shell, lot of work. If you leave the shop to go out on a job which you normally do, cuz  Expro doesn't make money with you at the shop you get a Per Diem of $30.00 even if you just go down the street. Your guaranteed 40 hours a week, 4% 401k matching, health/dental insurance. Everyone who works there is kool cept 2 guys lol.

Good looking out, my dude, but when I searched in those areas, no jobs were found.
That's definitely a decent salary.

The jobiI was hired for pay, as does the one I haven't heard back from.
Another pays 15/hou, but is only until may and the final one is commission only, and it's way in humble.
I'm crashing with my homeboy now and I definitely want to get my own spot.

I've been searching on indeed and snagajob also.

If anyone knows of something in the Houston area that pays 10 or more let me know. I just need something to get my feet wet.

Damn, new manager was talking about hiring 10 new guys. Only have 4 atm, I guess I anyone interested check out the website from time to time to catch them hiring.

well bros, finished my first semester of school (I had to go bc I was going insane being at home for a year since I haven't landed anything) and now I'm back on the hunt. 

I already feel my jimmies being rustled 
laugh.gif

now it's a lot harder since my hooptie broke down and have no money to fix it, so I'm limited to only my city and one other since they're the ones that have bus routes 
mean.gif

a criminal justice degree and nothing to show for 
frown.gif

Anyone in NYC metropolitan area able to hook someone up with some connections? Recent college grad seeking an entry-level position, or whatever.

I interview with a job through a temp agency on Tuesday that pays $18/hr. Lord knows I need that in my life. I do extremely well on interviews so I'm confident that I'm going to get it. My only issue now is finding somewhere to live. I called about 20 complexes today and maybe 4 answered. insane.

If anyone in Houston knows of a room for rent or apartment w/ immediate move in, lmk. I've been on craigslist looking for rooms to rent. there's some crazy stuff on there.

I interview with a job through a temp agency on Tuesday that pays $18/hr. Lord knows I need that in my life. I do extremely well on interviews so I'm confident that I'm going to get it. My only issue now is finding somewhere to live. I called about 20 complexes today and maybe 4 answered. insane.

If anyone in Houston knows of a room for rent or apartment w/ immediate move in, lmk. I've been on craigslist looking for rooms to rent. there's some crazy stuff on there.
Good luck bro. What kind of job is it and is it temp to hire?

Back
Top Bottom