Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Worst thing is i look on a companys website see a position im qualified for and still get turned down, with no good reason .

Because other people are qualified?

Being qualified for a position does not guarantee you an interview.

Graduated in May, applied to most likely over 20 jobs, and I can't land anything. I had a great, great interview a couple of weeks ago, turned into a2nd interview, I was sky high on cloud 9, but no call back.
frown.gif

Funds are low and student loans are about to kick in. I mean how can student loans kick in when college grads can't get a damn interview. People say geta job anywhere, waiting tables, whatever. The problem is even the lowest jobs are not hiring. You can't defer your loans because they won't let you andprivate loan companies are all about the dollar.

I grinded hard in school trying to better my situation, I'm even interning for free right now, but something has to change. I want to start my lifealready.

I think everyday maybe this is the day that something works out for me, but its hard to keep hope up, it doesn't pay the bills.

Everyone keep your heads up, I think we all have something in common. To be successful. To succeed sometimes you need to fail, multiple times.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Graduated in May, applied to most likely over 20 jobs, and I can't land anything. I had a great, great interview a couple of weeks ago, turned into a 2nd interview, I was sky high on cloud 9, but no call back.
frown.gif

Funds are low and student loans are about to kick in. I mean how can student loans kick in when college grads can't get a damn interview. People say get a job anywhere, waiting tables, whatever. The problem is even the lowest jobs are not hiring. You can't defer your loans because they won't let you and private loan companies are all about the dollar.

I grinded hard in school trying to better my situation, I'm even interning for free right now, but something has to change. I want to start my life already.

I think everyday maybe this is the day that something works out for me, but its hard to keep hope up, it doesn't pay the bills.

Everyone keep your heads up, I think we all have something in common. To be successful. To succeed sometimes you need to fail, multiple times.
Keep your head up man I hope you land something soon.

RESUME is your power.. Make that sucker on ONE page. Get as much info and talent on there as possible. Someone will call. Hope everything works out for youguys.. My wife lost her job in FEB. She hasnt found anything either.. Im lucky my law firm is strong and my dj gig is on point. keep your head up guys.

This thread is sad. Keep your head up.

It sucks, I wish I could pass out my job offers/interviews man. I'm still getting offers and request for second and third interviews when I've alreadyaccepted a job. I know its tough, but keep your head and faith in the Lord. Trust in the Lord.

It will get better.

Originally Posted by djaward

RESUME is your power.. Make that sucker on ONE page. Get as much info and talent on there as possible. Someone will call. Hope everything works out for you guys.. My wife lost her job in FEB. She hasnt found anything either.. Im lucky my law firm is strong and my dj gig is on point. keep your head up guys.

I bet your wife is counting her lucky stars she has you (nh).

*#@@ is rough out there. I'm thankful that I've busted my #%% since I started working here in '06. Unfortunately were not hiring, but mycompany is super strong and will out ride this terrible economic storm.

I hate these questions

1. Describe the type of work you like
2. What being a team player means
3. In your previous work - what do you consider as a success and why
4. What are you looking for in your next position

Y'all wanna help a brother out
nerd.gif
This is for a IT position.

bump, graduating in a little over a week, no job lined up. been searching hard for about 2 months now. 9.2% unemployment
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Temple University
Electrical Engineering

eyes.gif
should've been a business major
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

bump, graduating in a little over a week, no job lined up. been searching hard for about 2 months now. 9.2% unemployment
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Temple University
Electrical Engineering

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

EE though? you should be good... GPA? Internship experience?

finished school this past quarter and got no job lined up at all. Can't even find a basic job just to bring in ANY money .

Thinking about leaving this Civil Engineering degree in the dust and taking up a postbaccalaurete  IT program or something 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

finished school this past quarter and got no job lined up at all. Can't even find a basic job just to bring in ANY money .

Thinking about leaving this Civil Engineering degree in the dust and taking up a postbaccalaurete  IT program or something 
ohwell.gif

I WISH I stayed in Civil....with so much new infrastructure going up there are tons of jobs out there....stick it out...if you want, add a business minor in there.....you'll be on top of the world...

Have faith people, i felt like a lot of you guys in here until i got a break last year sept when niketown Ny hired me, it was a seasonal job but it was a great start and pay, they start at $11.00, after they decide to let me go, you wouldnt believe how putting Niketown of your resume is like god. Within 2 weeks in janurary after they let me go, i applied at finishline, champs, and footlocker, They ALL wanted me and got interview for all of them and they first thing they said was "so i see u worked at niketown" and from there own everything was perfect. Needless to say out of the 3, i chose champs. They actually get paid great. $7.50....BUT...you get commission for everything you sell.
When u think all hope is lost, somewhere out there someone wants your working talents.

Have faith people, i felt like a lot of you guys in here until i got a break last year sept when niketown Ny hired me, it was a seasonal job but it was a great start and pay, they start at $11.00, after they decide to let me go, you wouldnt believe how putting Niketown of your resume is like god. Within 2 weeks in janurary after they let me go, i applied at finishline, champs, and footlocker, They ALL wanted me and got interview for all of them and they first thing they said was "so i see u worked at niketown" and from there own everything was perfect. Needless to say out of the 3, i chose champs. They actually get paid great. $7.50....BUT...you get commission for everything you sell.

When u think all hope is lost, somewhere out there someone wants your working talents.

sreggie101 wrote:
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Temple University
Electrical Engineering

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

For all the Engineers looking for work...Are you guys looking to stay in the city you are in???? Because I know for a fact that there are tons of Civil, and EE needed throughout the country. It man not be your ideal location but it get you the experince you need. Being an engineer its all about experience. The job may not be exactly what you want or where you want but you gain the experience and can go where you want down the road. I am from Denver, and took a job in Louisiana(worst job ever), but I gained the experienced I needed and when it came job hunting time I was able to go pretty much any where. So just keep looking, but I know there are EE jobs out there

Originally Posted by jhobson5

sreggie101 wrote:
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Temple University
Electrical Engineering

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
For all the Engineers looking for work...Are you guys looking to stay in the city you are in???? Because I know for a fact that there are tons of Civil, and EE needed throughout the country. It man not be your ideal location but it get you the experince you need. Being an engineer its all about experience. The job may not be exactly what you want or where you want but you gain the experience and can go where you want down the road. I am from Denver, and took a job in Louisiana(worst job ever), but I gained the experienced I needed and when it came job hunting time I was able to go pretty much any where. So just keep looking, but I know there are EE jobs out there

QFMFT. 

I'M AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER AND THERE ARE TONS OF JOBS OUT THERE IF YOU EXPAND YOUR SEARCH NATIONWIDE WHICH IS WHAT I DID WHEN I GRADUATED. TOO MANY PEOPLE LOOKING TO BE IN "FUN" CITIES OR NOT MOVE FROM HOME BUT YOU ARE LIMITING YOURSELF THAT WAY. I ENDED UP FINDING ONE IN AKRON, OH, A PLACE I NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL GETTING THE JOB BUT THE PAY IS GREAT AND STANDARD OF LIVING IS CHEAP. HELL, I WOULD OF TAKEN A JOB IN ALASKA IF I HAD TO....

will be interning at nasa for the summer
pimp.gif
so glad i wont be working retail over the summer

o yeah, u jelly?

My department was cut down 10%. I'm at home now on unemployment searching career builder and temp agencies for something.

This is so boring being at home
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom