Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Moving to Melbourne next week for a new job. Stoked 
pimp.gif
Congrats fam, happy to hear

Just came back from an interview. Met with 2 supervisors and 2 colleagues that are in the same department that i applied to.

The whole interview was around 3 hours.... never had an interview this long. Not sure if its good or bad. Lol

:nerd:

Last edited:
Just started my new gig with the railroad and the benefits and pay are :pimp: if anyone is looking that may be a good option for you. The hiring process is long I applied in April and started this past Monday, luckily I had a pretty good job already and didn't mind the wait.

Just came back from an interview. Met with 2 supervisors and 2 colleagues that are in the same department that i applied to.

The whole interview was around 3 hours.... never had an interview this long. Not sure if its good or bad. Lol

:nerd:

This could be a good thing. Make sure you send a thank you email.

Had my interview with AT&T today. Was a weird interview, managers didn't really seem too interested in me, and overall just didn't have a good vibe to me. Hoping I'm wrong.

How soon should you send a thank you email?

Does anyone have a generic version i can look at :smokin

I sent mine as soon as I made it home.

Dear HR,

I would like to take this time to say thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to interview me today. With my background and experience, I believe that I could become a contributor to your team very quickly. I am excited about this opportunity to join XYZ. Please do not hesitate to email or call me if you have any questions or need any additional information. I look forward to joining the team and expanding my knowledge.

Does any one have any thank you email templates I can use? I just want to be prepared to send them after an interview.
I have several. I keep a word document of these things so you dont ever have to spend time writing them, especially in a situation where you have to write multiple.

Ms. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me today regarding the ___________t position. I learned a lot about what the position entails during our conversation, along with what skills are needed to succeed from you and am confident that I would be a great fit and quickly add value to your team.

I will be sure to keep in touch with any questions I may have and I look forward to hearing your decision

Thank you,

Mr. Krajcsovics,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me today regarding the open position in the _________ department. I enjoyed our conversation and I am eager to gain more hands on __________ experience and obtain more in depth product knowledge through working your group. After our conversation, I am confident that I would be a great fit for your team and would be able to contribute very quickly after coming onboard.

I will be sure to keep in touch with any questions I may have and I look forward to the next steps.

Thank you,

Ms. ____________,

I just wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to interview me this morning. I enjoyed hearing about the growth of __________ in regards to becoming a more well rounded financial services firm and __________________. I am in agreement that it helps the company  __________________

I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Thank you,

__________,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with me about the __________ position at _________. After speaking with you and other _________ staff about the ____________skills required, I am more confident than ever that I am an ideal candidate. I truly believe my ___________ skills, ability to learn new procedures quickly and efficiently as well as my experience managing multiple projects would be an asset in this role.

I am very interested in the possibility of working at ___________ and look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions are made regarding this position. Please feel free to contact me by phone at any time if further information is needed at ___________.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Here's 4 of them. I color coded them so you know where one starts and one ends.

Good luck out there fam. @Swaggdaddy

How soon should you send a thank you email?

Does anyone have a generic version i can look at :smokin
Definitely within 24 hours. I myself shot for within 1-2 hours.

I quoted a post I made earlier in the thread with samples that I have written. I actually have word document with ten of these on deck for situations like this just so I don't have to stress over writing them.

Resigned from Nordstrom Friday. Was tired of the long commute for me to work and only being commission and work being slow.

So now I'm down in Miami Beach trying to start over. Applying at a few Hotels, already got turned down for a few but I'm still applying everyday at others.

Was wondering if anybody doesn't mind checking my resume out and tell me if there's anything I Could fix?

Appreciate it.

Hey fellas,

My new job I work for the nations largest job board ) and I am able to get info on new jobs going to be posted in most cities and able to see the supply/demand in most markets. If you ever have a question on what cities are hiring and what gigs have the most openings, PM me and I can provide insight.

Hey fellas,

My new job I work for the nations largest job board ) and I am able to get info on new jobs going to be posted in most cities and able to see the supply/demand in most markets. If you ever have a question on what cities are hiring and what gigs have the most openings, PM me and I can provide insight.
DC we need work...

Guys,

PM me with your location, industry you're looking to get into (one or two), job title (sales rep, administration, HR manager, etc) and I can best assist. CB has so many job postings especially in CB that I would like to properly assist rather than just give vague recommendations. Everyone should check out Careerbuilder.com companies spend BIG time money to post job postings on the site to get exposure. Every job I've gotten the past four years I've gotten off CB. Just have to make an account, post your resume and your phone will blow up (might differ per background I was in sales).

Goodluck my people

Applying to ATT/Verizon/etc online is a bust at this point since they already have my questionnaire answers from previous ones. Won’t even bother with my resume/cover letter. Got a rejection 20 minutes after I applied.

Gonna make my rounds to stores this weekend.

Applying to ATT/Verizon/etc online is a bust at this point since they already have my questionnaire answers from previous ones. Won’t even bother with my resume/cover letter. Got a rejection 20 minutes after I applied.

Gonna make my rounds to stores this weekend.

Keep your head up homie. Took me about 3 months till I got on with ATT after I first applied smh

Congrats man! Are you still there? How do you like it?

And I know persistence is key. If you ask enough people enough times eventually you’ll get a yes even if it takes 1000 no’s. I know it’ll happen.

And I know persistence is key. If you ask enough people enough times eventually you’ll get a yes even if it takes 1000 no’s. I know it’ll happen.
Create a new profile and apply again. Review your resume make sure it's on point .
I can't tell you how many times I see my boss just glance At a resume and move onto the next one.
Ace the assessment

Thanks bro. I'm loving it. If you're hungry and motivated you will eat and the money will follow. I've been with the company for 4 months and already making a name for myself. Top rep in my store and top 10 in the state these past couple months.

Just don't give up on the hiring process. It's known to be headache. I applied and had my first in store interview a couple weeks following and I didn't hear back from them for an entire month. Once they reached out to me again it was for scheduling a phone interview which becomes before the actual in store interview so I was essentially taking a step backwards. Hella confusing. Thankfully the same lady from HR interviewed me again in store after I had the phone interview and she pushed the hiring process forward since she remembered me and I was being pretty proactive emailing/calling her trying to figure out what was going on.

Just don't give up homie. It's gonna come.

While I haven't been unemployed, I'll share my story of trying to find a different job within my field.

I started working as a teacher for the NYC Dept of Education in the Bronx in 2012. The school was horrible and I tried to transfer out but didn't have any luck until these past few weeks. Every year there is a period from April-August when we can transfer within the system, but outside of that we're out of luck. I really hated going in everyday and it was wearing on me that I wasn't getting too many interviews and I was downright horrified at the prospect of returning to the same school this upcoming year.

This year was different. I had about 15 interviews (way more than the previous two years total) and finally landed a new job in a better place and hopefully everything works out. What never made sense to me was how I was able to get a decent amount of interviews before I started working (when there was a hiring freeze), and I got less interest once I was working and the hiring freeze was lifted. My resume was pretty much the same and for whatever reason I had better luck this year. It essentially took me 3 years to find a new job and about a year's worth of looking if you include the time I am allowed to transfer.

I know it may seem out of place for someone to complain about their job when there are others who would be happy just to have any job, but a horrible job will zap your energy and affect your mood. Sometimes it's in your best interest to turn down an offer, even if you aren't working. I took my job in 2012 because there were very few options for me at that time and I took it knowing I probably wouldn't stay there long, but I ended up staying longer than I expected. If I had to do it again I would have still taken the job because it paid well enough and allowed me to pay for my graduate degree with no debt.

The process of looking for a job is illogical and stressful, but unless you're independently wealthy or are starting your own business you have to keep sending in your resumes and cover letters and putting in the work and hope that someone will take a chance on you. I fully believe that if you keep developing your skills and keep a positive attitude about the process you will eventually be successful.

Good luck everyone!

^ It's not complaining at all. I'm sure most people would agree and I'm right there with you.

Always be on the lookout for new and better opportunities. I'm not recommending jumping ship every time something new comes up, but have a consistent track and rationale as to your job progression (higher pay, newer upgraded title, etc.)

I like to come back here from time to time and read up on fellow NTer's progress and testimonials. As I've said here before, and I know I may sound like a broken record but on some real ish, NEVER GIVE UP ON SEARCHING AND APPLYING. I feel as though I have had some of the worst luck imaginable and then out of no where, after countless applications and honestly forgetting about them you get one, two or more callbacks. Economy is in full swing and companies are looking to hire. Consistency is key when it comes to job hunting, and don't be afraid of being told no either. Take away the knowledge you get from that experience and apply that in future scenarios to perform more confidently in future interviews. Pride is one hell of a thing to have, but let it be the reason you give up or slack on the process.

God bless all on your journey.

The process of looking for a job is illogical and stressful, but unless you're independently wealthy or are starting your own business you have to keep sending in your resumes and cover letters and putting in the work and hope that someone will take a chance on you. I fully believe that if you keep developing your skills and keep a positive attitude about the process you will eventually be successful.

Good luck everyone!

This can't be stressed enough. You have to develop your skills while looking for a new gig. Even if you have a gig, develop the skills that will prepare you for the career you want. Employers want to see that you are dedicated to improving yourself w/o monetary gain and instant gratification before they take a chance on you. It's easy to get stressed when nothing is coming through, believe me I know, but you have to keep a certain focus. Looking for a job or even a better job is a job in itself. Keep hope alive bros and lady bros.

This can't be stressed enough. You have to develop your skills while looking for a new gig. Even if you have a gig, develop the skills that will prepare you for the career you want. Employers want to see that you are dedicated to improving yourself w/o monetary gain and instant gratification before they take a chance on you. It's easy to get stressed when nothing is coming through, believe me I know, but you have to keep a certain focus. Looking for a job or even a better job is a job in itself. Keep hope alive bros and lady bros.
This.

My schedule for a while now has been 445am gym -> 7am work -> 7pm go home.

Could've left at 4pm daily if I wanted, but genuinely wanted to improve my skills and abilities. Then when I did get an opportunity, I was at least somewhat prepared

Create a new profile and apply again. Review your resume make sure it's on point .
I can't tell you how many times I see my boss just glance At a resume and move onto the next one.
Ace the assessment
Will try this tonight.
Thanks bro. I'm loving it. If you're hungry and motivated you will eat and the money will follow. I've been with the company for 4 months and already making a name for myself. Top rep in my store and top 10 in the state these past couple months.

Just don't give up on the hiring process. It's known to be headache. I applied and had my first in store interview a couple weeks following and I didn't hear back from them for an entire month. Once they reached out to me again it was for scheduling a phone interview which becomes before the actual in store interview so I was essentially taking a step backwards. Hella confusing. Thankfully the same lady from HR interviewed me again in store after I had the phone interview and she pushed the hiring process forward since she remembered me and I was being pretty proactive emailing/calling her trying to figure out what was going on.

Just don't give up homie. It's gonna come.
That's what I keep hearing. Thanks for the encouragement!
I like to come back here from time to time and read up on fellow NTer's progress and testimonials. As I've said here before, and I know I may sound like a broken record but on some real ish, NEVER GIVE UP ON SEARCHING AND APPLYING. I feel as though I have had some of the worst luck imaginable and then out of no where, after countless applications and honestly forgetting about them you get one, two or more callbacks. Economy is in full swing and companies are looking to hire. Consistency is key when it comes to job hunting, and don't be afraid of being told no either. Take away the knowledge you get from that experience and apply that in future scenarios to perform more confidently in future interviews. Pride is one hell of a thing to have, but let it be the reason you give up or slack on the process.

God bless all on your journey.
Thanks for the motivation!

Back
Top Bottom