Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

VERY LONG READ lol

so my new job has started off rocky to say the least... the benefits are great but I'll leave it at that... my manager and his assistant are terrible and haven't been helpful in my training at all...so both my manager and this girl who is his assistant have been training me and they are terrible... when they train me and if they see I am making a mistake instead of letting me know what I have to do to improve things they document every mistake I make...

so 3 weeks into my new job I already have a interview with HR and my manager about my job performance... apparently I have been making a bunch of mistakes and not learning from it... well obviously that happens if they don't tell me... I didnt know about my mistakes until that meeting with HR and my manager...

I work for a jewish company and its the first time I worked for one so I didn't know what to expect... but after being there for a month I have an experience of what goes on... they are perfectionist and nitpick every little thing you do and expect you to be on their level as far as knowledge and skill regardless if you are new or not...also majority but not all managers/directors are jewish...the previous two companies I worked for I never had an issue with my boss that early in my career let alone talk to HR in my first month... I didnt have trouble learning my job either until now...

So I was like ok if my manager is going to report me to HR for my job performance I am going to talk to them about my terrible training... I went straight to the VP of HR...I was brutally honest about everything...saying how instead of me being trained on my job its more so for them to document all my mistakes and report it to HR... I said there was no communication as far as what they what me to do better and how to improve...they said they wanted me to talk to my manager about it and to initiate the communication... I immediately thought HR wouldn't do anything for me...

I wasn't going to talk to my manager... I actually wanted to get let go so I can look for a better job and actually be happy instead of stressed out all the time...HR hit me up on email asking if I talked to my boss and I said nope... Apparently HR talked to my manager today... my manager talked to me in his office and said I know you talked to HR and your frustrated with your training... what do we have to do to make it easier for you.. I said I need better communication and tell me if I'm making mistakes... he said ok so you want feedback from us...He then said its like going in circles with me because I'm making the same mistakes... in my head I'm thinking obviously because the training is trash...then he said he wasn't happy about my performance...

Well now the cat is out the bag and I was able to tell him everything and he knows what I expect and vice versa he told me what he wants me to improve... well see how things go from here...Im not going to look for a new job until I get let go because I don't have time to go on interviews... so I'm a just see where this goes from now

Last edited:
Sometimes you’re better off just going to the big boss.

Everybody wants to make a name for themselves by trying to make other people look bad office culture can be super toxic. Just get on good terms with that dude and you’ll be good.

The problem is my manager and his assistant work together... I never once had a meeting with all 3 of us despite being on the same team...they have 1 on 1 meetings and I know they talk about me...when I train with that girl she documents everything... and when I train with my manager he documents everything... yesterday after my training with that girl she was in his office right after and they talked for 30 minutes... I already know what the deal is...but after my manager talked with HR today I can tell things were different... he wasn't documenting everything anymore today...

Maybe they’ll chill out. I mean it’s going to go one of two ways. :lol:

No news is good news in my book so maybe they’ll just chill out and stop documenting everything and realize you’re new.

The problem is my manager and his assistant work together... I never once had a meeting with all 3 of us despite being on the same team...they have 1 on 1 meetings and I know they talk about me...when I train with that girl she documents everything... and when I train with my manager he documents everything... yesterday after my training with that girl she was in his office right after and they talked for 30 minutes... I already know what the deal is...but after my manager talked with HR today I can tell things were different... he wasn't documenting everything anymore today...
Bro ...

Not sure what's the environment like, but this is suspect.

If I'm in a job and Im unsure of a procedure or I'm taking a crack at it without directions the 1st thing I and I mean I going to do is stop and ask questions or ask how did I do and where I need to improve or fix and to be personally shown.

1st of all a manager should right away tell me ... not that way but this way or should give you pointers to allow you to continue to their liking.

Like this aint a game for a company. They have invested in bringing you in and are investing in training. The more you complain the more it seems like a 50 50 issue.

**** I look like complaining to HR. I'm going to tell my supervisor before it escalade.

Heck, I don't even know why HR is involved to start unless your supervisors are scare to be open with you. Normally HR is involved when there are multiple complaints and you have been verbally talked and documented about said issues.

Strange.

VERY LONG READ lol

so my new job has started off rocky to say the least... the benefits are great but I'll leave it at that... my manager and his assistant are terrible and haven't been helpful in my training at all...so both my manager and this girl who is his assistant have been training me and they are terrible... when they train me and if they see I am making a mistake instead of letting me know what I have to do to improve things they document every mistake I make...

so 3 weeks into my new job I already have a interview with HR and my manager about my job performance... apparently I have been making a bunch of mistakes and not learning from it... well obviously that happens if they don't tell me... I didnt know about my mistakes until that meeting with HR and my manager...

I work for a jewish company and its the first time I worked for one so I didn't know what to expect... but after being there for a month I have an experience of what goes on... they are perfectionist and nitpick every little thing you do and expect you to be on their level as far as knowledge and skill regardless if you are new or not...also majority but not all managers/directors are jewish...the previous two companies I worked for I never had an issue with my boss that early in my career let alone talk to HR in my first month... I didnt have trouble learning my job either until now...

So I was like ok if my manager is going to report me to HR for my job performance I am going to talk to them about my terrible training... I went straight to the VP of HR...I was brutally honest about everything...saying how instead of me being trained on my job its more so for them to document all my mistakes and report it to HR... I said there was no communication as far as what they what me to do better and how to improve...they said they wanted me to talk to my manager about it and to initiate the communication... I immediately thought HR wouldn't do anything for me...

I wasn't going to talk to my manager... I actually wanted to get let go so I can look for a better job and actually be happy instead of stressed out all the time...HR hit me up on email asking if I talked to my boss and I said nope... Apparently HR talked to my manager today... my manager talked to me in his office and said I know you talked to HR and your frustrated with your training... what do we have to do to make it easier for you.. I said I need better communication and tell me if I'm making mistakes... he said ok so you want feedback from us...He then said its like going in circles with me because I'm making the same mistakes... in my head I'm thinking obviously because the training is trash...then he said he wasn't happy about my performance...

Well now the cat is out the bag and I was able to tell him everything and he knows what I expect and vice versa he told me what he wants me to improve... well see how things go from here...Im not going to look for a new job until I get let go because I don't have time to go on interviews... so I'm a just see where this goes from now

That sucks. Sounds like an audit with all the note taking instead of training. You should let them know that's how it feels. Instead of taking notes, they definitely should assist in the mistake you're making.. or stop doing things all together if you're unsure and ask for guidance.

That is a terrible position to be in.

As far ar HRs involvement.. makes 0 sense. Your manager should rectify the issue with the assistant .. but instead he adds to it.

Good luck.

I remember mauling people with chainsaws and dildos.

Who was the dude in the enemy squad who probably spent thousands and was always robbing our moon rocks?

Yeah I think it was the misc sub forum on bodybuilding.com :lol:

They had some alpha dude that was basically untouchable.
42735c9646046f1dd266f6f8ffef30ef94efe6f (1).jpg

Screenshot_20221004-234341.png

:rofl: :rofl: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Yo.. did you have this saved all these years or got it from OG thread? 😂

Sorry for the thread jack. Continue on.
lol I got them from an old thread. I do have some stuff saved though on my old computer :nerd:

hope you're doing well, ufcman.

Been interviewing quite a bit the last 2 weeks. Had one this morning for remote design gig. Felt good about all my other interviews except this one. Idk if was me or if they were just dry cause it was early morning? They'd ask a question, I'd answer then they'd be silent trying to see which of them would speak next, naturally making things awkward. Tried my best to fill in that silence by asking questions, but then they'd do it again. Got through it, but not feeling confident about this one :smh:

How’d it go?

I had another interview too, dude tried to hire me on the spot. It’s a pretty good job but I don’t like how everything is seniority based. There is travel and if no one wants to go I could get sent from Texas to Thailand for up to three months. Most the work is in the metro area but just my luck I’d get sent to bum **** Texas oil fields my first week or something.

I said I had to think about it, he told me to call him back with questions. I do and he ghosts me. :rofl:

Whatever man, I’ll just keep my plan of working for the airport in the winter and paving in the summer at my old job working 45 hours a week. Not 75 like I do now.

Back
Top Bottom