Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Appreciate it, it isn’t for everybody but I like it and I’m in awe of the money they blow during snow storms on us.

That’s the sort of work i want to do for a few years. What sort of job is that?

I want to be getting paid to just be somewhere and not have any/much critical thinking going on. I’d love to spend 4 hours a day reading books.

we have this local government here that’s not taxpayer funded and oversees the airports.

Since it’s not taxpayer funded they can generate a profit. They own parking ramps and everything has a fee that goes back to them. It’s basically the airport mafia.

I work for them running equipment in the winter plowing at the airport.

When it’s not snowing I plant Christmas trees at the airport and decorate for Christmas. :lol: stuff like that. Just look like you’re busy and you’re good.

Some corny video of my job.

today.jpg

Register here.

Good luck my friends.

https://metroairports.org/jobs/airport-maintenance-worker

Cons

Base pay is low
You’ll sleep there when it snows
You’ll work nights

Pros

All food catered on overtime
Paid double time to sleep
7 weeks pto first year
Easy af
You can leave any time you want all ot is optional
Pension, health insurance
Not uncommon to make 20-30k a month in the winter with OT and shift differentials.

Minneapolis cdl holders.

How do yall feel about having gaps on your resume? I've been unemployed for 5 months for health reasons. Looking to get back into the workforce some time this year.

I've worked at the same job for 5 years before that with a promotion in title halfway

How do yall feel about having gaps on your resume? I've been unemployed for 5 months for health reasons. Looking to get back into the workforce some time this year.

I've worked at the same job for 5 years before that with a promotion in title halfway

Nothing wrong with gaps as long as youre able to speak on them.

I was unemployed from Jan 2020- Feb 2022

A few recruiters asked about the gap and I blamed it on the pandemic, which was partly true for everyone, I told them I was a stay at home dad, which was also partly true and self employed, again partly true. I’ve been at the same gig (local gov) for a year now and got promoted once already. Prior to the pandemic, I was never unemployed unless it was due to school.

I had a consistent career with no gaps but that changed this year... I was at my job for 2 years and left in August to get more money at a new job... I was only there from late August to late October...I wasnt going to put that on my resume... So the last job on my resume was the one I was with for two years that ended in August... every time I went on an interview I had to explain myself...I just said my pops had open heart surgery and I left my job to spend time with him and now that hes better I am looking to get back to work...my pops did have open heart surgery but it was in Oct 2021...

I think if you said personal reasons that should be enough to fill the gap.

How far back do you guys put for work experience on resume? I usually post the last three jobs that are relevant which covers about 8 yrs of experience

Which resources have best prepared you for an interview? I haven't had an interview in 2 years so I know I'm rusty.

I'm not the best at interviews to begin with.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I think if you said personal reasons that should be enough to fill the gap.

How far back do you guys put for work experience on resume? I usually post the last three jobs that are relevant which covers about 8 yrs of experience
8-12 years should be fine. Nothing 15 + unless relevant to the job you are applying for.

Which resources have best prepared you for an interview? I haven't had an interview in 2 years so I know I'm rusty.

I'm not the best at interviews to begin with.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Practice with yourself on how you would describe your job description on your resume and come up with 10-15 interview questions and interview yourself... I do this for an hour to hour and half for a day or two before the interview... You'll be better prepared... Some interviews are great and some aren't but just like anything you need the reps aka practice

Post 9/11 I remember I was tripping about having large gaps in employment because I thought employers might think I had gone to a Jihadist camp :lol: :smh:
When I got laid off the company paid for job placement services. The job placement service rep was like you're young so your future employer won't care about the gap in your employment. I chuckled because I'm almost 40. I been out of work for about 8 months just taking my time and not rushing into a job. I'm looking but not desperate.

Very Long Read

so some recruiter hit me up via email... actually two different recruiters telling me about the same job/company that pays 18k more than my current job... and its actually walking distance from my current job so relatively same commute...I did talk to one of the recruiters and sent my resume just to entertain the idea... I am not saying I will take the job if offered but the salary is great and its the same commute so why not see what its about...

Im not going to lie though it does feel weird to even look after being in my job close to 4 months... been there since December... I like my coworkers, the company and even my manager...the only thing that concerns me about my current job is the lack of work... my other two coworkers are swamped while I have very little work or none at all and just watching the clock all day... its boring but my manager knows I just dont have any work...I get paid a lot more than my coworkers so I feel at any given time I can be let go... not saying I will be I just get that vibe...only time Im busy is if Im covering for one of my coworkers or if I just have a busy day which is maybe 2-3 times a month if that...

I work for a Pharma company... they closed this manufacturing building last year because of a leak in the roof so the DEA shut it down real quick... they laid off like 500 people at that building... now they are opening a new building and will open sometime in August... the plan was to train me and once that building opens I will be fully trained and take over a lot of projects... but thats a long time from now... I can wait but who knows if ill be around until then because of the lack of work currently...

I guess I will ride it out until August but at the same time I want to see what this other job is about... salary wise I would be straight and wouldnt need to switch jobs for a higher salary anytime soon... anyway the point of this post was have any of yall left a job you liked that you were in only a few months just to get a better paying job?

Very Long Read

so some recruiter hit me up via email... actually two different recruiters telling me about the same job/company that pays 18k more than my current job... and its actually walking distance from my current job so relatively same commute...I did talk to one of the recruiters and sent my resume just to entertain the idea... I am not saying I will take the job if offered but the salary is great and its the same commute so why not see what its about...

Im not going to lie though it does feel weird to even look after being in my job close to 4 months... been there since December... I like my coworkers, the company and even my manager...the only thing that concerns me about my current job is the lack of work... my other two coworkers are swamped while I have very little work or none at all and just watching the clock all day... its boring but my manager knows I just dont have any work...I get paid a lot more than my coworkers so I feel at any given time I can be let go... not saying I will be I just get that vibe...only time Im busy is if Im covering for one of my coworkers or if I just have a busy day which is maybe 2-3 times a month if that...

I work for a Pharma company... they closed this manufacturing building last year because of a leak in the roof so the DEA shut it down real quick... they laid off like 500 people at that building... now they are opening a new building and will open sometime in August... the plan was to train me and once that building opens I will be fully trained and take over a lot of projects... but thats a long time from now... I can wait but who knows if ill be around until then because of the lack of work currently...

I guess I will ride it out until August but at the same time I want to see what this other job is about... salary wise I would be straight and wouldnt need to switch jobs for a higher salary anytime soon... anyway the point of this post was have any of yall left a job you liked that you were in only a few months just to get a better paying job?
Juts because you like the company and people doesn't mean anything to that company. You are replaceable and can fill your spot within a week if they wanted to.
I don't think there is such a thing of loyalty to a company.

If the other job that pays more can help you and your family more, I'd go for it.

Back
Top Bottom