Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I took a break. Was going hard since March. Had 3 offers, and 2 super close calls. Mentally/Physically drained but Im gonna just relax and collect myself for the next 8 weeks, then ramp it back up and get back on the grind.

Took a break for a little over 2 months now. I'm going to start job searching next week but still don't feel mentally there. Any tips for someone to get back in the groove? Ive been dealing with anxiety and need to get my **** back together

my boss wanted to play games so I ended up walking off my job today of 3 years, he said he was gonna lay me off early because he was mad at me for something I didn't do. I just told him I quit instead, dude looked like he saw a ghost. probably because he knows what's next which is 2-4 more people leaving because we travel in packs from job to job.

he was usually at a low level on the f around and find out chart. this week and last week he went to level 100 for some reason. I used to like the dude too but he went to Germany with upper management and came back a damn monster.

accused me of something I didn't do
harassed me on my personal phone so I blocked him.
told my supervisor she was worthless and made her cry, she's not worthless at all.
told my co worker ADHD isn't real and he's a ***** :rofl:
he told all the mechanics they're worthless, slow and do nothing but cost money
HE CALLED MY OLD JOB super paranoid and asked them if I was coming back next season and they told him to kick rocks.

I'm like yeah I'm out, I can't watch this **** show anymore. :lol: :emoji_wave::emoji_wave:

I start another job next week, SMD Kevin.

my boss wanted to play games so I ended up walking off my job today of 3 years, he said he was gonna lay me off early because he was mad at me for something I didn't do. I just told him I quit instead, dude looked like he saw a ghost. probably because he knows what's next which is 2-4 more people leaving because we travel in packs from job to job.

he was usually at a low level on the f around and find out chart. this week and last week he went to level 100 for some reason. I used to like the dude too but he went to Germany with upper management and came back a damn monster.

accused me of something I didn't do
harassed me on my personal phone so I blocked him.
told my supervisor she was worthless and made her cry, she's not worthless at all.
told my co worker ADHD isn't real and he's a ***** :rofl:
he told all the mechanics they're worthless, slow and do nothing but cost money
HE CALLED MY OLD JOB super paranoid and asked them if I was coming back next season and they told him to kick rocks.

I'm like yeah I'm out, I can't watch this **** show anymore. :lol: :emoji_wave::emoji_wave:

I start another job next week, SMD Kevin.
dude is probably emotional knowing how badly his Dems are gonna get beat today.

sounds like your got out of a toxic situation. good luck with the new job.

he’s just a crybaby lib.

Oh yeah super toxic. Typical boomer in the work force stuff. Insult everyone, ask them to choose work over their family like he did and then wonder why people are quitting.

I asked him if he thought my company was a good place to work and his response was “yes, you get paid on time” and he was dead serious. :lol:

The crazy thing is I’d go out of my way to keep the vibes positive. I’d dodge the douche bags and ignore them, go to the taco shop bring back all the mechanics tacos on my shift and we all got along great and legit had fun at work.

He just always had to kill it and be a douche, I think he was offended because I’d just straight up ignore his bs.

It’s fine, he also pissed off a guy who runs a huge company now and is looking to clear out his whole team of employees. He went on the warpath the a guy who is now in charge of hiring at a great construction company. Smart move boss…

Lmao brings back memories when I quit my old job. They had like a three strike rule. 6 years of being there never had any problems then suddenly I got 2 warnings in a month for other people's screwups. I don't live paycheck to paycheck and can quit any job at any moment. I saw the writing on the wall and put in my two weeks notice. Fools tried to beg me to not leave :lol:

Yeah I’m not doing that. After giving my summers up for three years you wanna accuse us of all this bs? That’s the thanks we get? Fly a kite.

Started my new job. It’s so effing boring but the easiest money I’ve ever made. So far “worked” maybe like 3 hours. Been on the clock over 24 hours now.

Slept for 8 of those hours. Got catered food the whole time and we just drive around looking at snow. :lol:

All overtime is optional but if you’re gonna pay me double time to sleep count me in. I don’t know if I could work here year round but for a winter gig it’s great. I’d go brain dead here though if I took a year round position.

So I stayed on the clock from mon at 6am to 2 pm today. :lol:

It was boring I kind of got county jail flashbacks but if that wasn’t the easiest money I ever made…

I think I’ll go back next winter if it stays this chill. There’s no pressure to stay but people do because it’s easy money.

It only snowed 3” in three days but they need us there just in case. I next time I’ll just bring my laptop since they don’t have cable and I’ll be chilling.

VERY LONG READ

Remember how I was hyped about my new job... I got 21k raise and mad pto days 22 and 14 paid holidays and catered lunch twice a week... well it was short lived... I was there for like 60 days and got laid off... apparently my manager wasn't happy with my job performance... meaning I was making mistakes but my manager and his assistant did a terrible job at training me so of course I wasn't going to do well...the good news is they gave me 2 weeks severance and paid me for 4 pto days...My last day was 10/31 and I have been unemployed since and just collecting unemployment...

First 2 weeks I was barely applying and I was just so focused on getting unemployment which I eventually got after 3 weeks... I would spend 1-2 hours a day applying to jobs three days a week... It was kinda discouraging because I wasn't getting any responses for interviews...finally after 3 weeks of unemployment I got an interview and knew it wasn't for me... got a second interview and it was a zoom call I thought it wasn't that good based on the guy interviewing me just gave a bad vibe...then last week I got like 5-6 interviews and then 2-3 this week... the second interview I thought didn't go well called me for in person interview which was last week... It went really well...

The job that interviewed me twice called me today for a job offer... now I just have to pass the drug test and background check... hopefully Im good I haven't smoked budd since 11/12 with my friend lol... and I have the medical card so just in case I do fail I can give that card and be straight...So this job is actually 2k raise from my last job that lasted 60 days... only problem is its farther from my house 40 minute commute 29 miles one way 8-5...but great industry Im working for a pharma company... benefits are ok... health insurance after 1 month and 10 vacation days 6 sick days and 10 holidays...

Im supposed to start on Monday 12/12 and if the background check takes a while then 12/19...either way Im hyped... I told them I'm going to the Knicks game on 12/20 and need to take a 1/2 a day they said cool...

VERY LONG READ

Remember how I was hyped about my new job... I got 21k raise and mad pto days 22 and 14 paid holidays and catered lunch twice a week... well it was short lived... I was there for like 60 days and got laid off... apparently my manager wasn't happy with my job performance... meaning I was making mistakes but my manager and his assistant did a terrible job at training me so of course I wasn't going to do well...the good news is they gave me 2 weeks severance and paid me for 4 pto days...My last day was 10/31 and I have been unemployed since and just collecting unemployment...

First 2 weeks I was barely applying and I was just so focused on getting unemployment which I eventually got after 3 weeks... I would spend 1-2 hours a day applying to jobs three days a week... It was kinda discouraging because I wasn't getting any responses for interviews...finally after 3 weeks of unemployment I got an interview and knew it wasn't for me... got a second interview and it was a zoom call I thought it wasn't that good based on the guy interviewing me just gave a bad vibe...then last week I got like 5-6 interviews and then 2-3 this week... the second interview I thought didn't go well called me for in person interview which was last week... It went really well...

The job that interviewed me twice called me today for a job offer... now I just have to pass the drug test and background check... hopefully Im good I haven't smoked budd since 11/12 with my friend lol... and I have the medical card so just in case I do fail I can give that card and be straight...So this job is actually 2k raise from my last job that lasted 60 days... only problem is its farther from my house 40 minute commute 29 miles one way 8-5...but great industry Im working for a pharma company... benefits are ok... health insurance after 1 month and 10 vacation days 6 sick days and 10 holidays...

Im supposed to start on Monday 12/12 and if the background check takes a while then 12/19...either way Im hyped... I told them I'm going to the Knicks game on 12/20 and need to take a 1/2 a day they said cool...
Congratulations but don't let 1 night of puff puff with your friend block you from getting bread. Look into a bottle called, "serious monkey business."

My test is tomorrow at 8:30 am...Im hoping the bud is out my system... I dont smoke everyday... The last time was 11/12 so hopefully its gone by now... on my last job I had two offers one of which I just got laid off from and the other job I didnt take... the other job gave me a drug test and and the company where I took the drug test called me and said I failed for budd... I told them I have a medical card and gave my number and I was straight... it didnt prevent me from getting the job... but I ended up passing on that job all together... so if worse comes to worse hopefully they call me and I can give them my card number... Im referring to NJ medical card

My job just laid off 40 warehouse workers, my manager said on Friday that office workers are not affected.

I'm in the furniture industry for hotels, I see my future here not lasting long lol

My test is tomorrow at 8:30 am...Im hoping the bud is out my system... I dont smoke everyday... The last time was 11/12 so hopefully its gone by now... on my last job I had two offers one of which I just got laid off from and the other job I didnt take... the other job gave me a drug test and and the company where I took the drug test called me and said I failed for budd... I told them I have a medical card and gave my number and I was straight... it didnt prevent me from getting the job... but I ended up passing on that job all together... so if worse comes to worse hopefully they call me and I can give them my card number... Im referring to NJ medical card
NJ and a few other states have recently passed anti-discrimination laws for medical use. You should be straight.

Got my performance review coming up. I know the annual raise is going to be low compared to what I can get if I were to land a new job.
Gonna keep quiet about my intentions to leave. My boss joked that I was when I took a day off awhile back.
Waiting for the end of year bonus. Probably use my sick days and cash out the pro before I plan to dip. Just started applying again.

Good luck everyone.

So far my new job is stupid easy and the managers are cool af. One let me leave for a few hours on the clock the other day so I didn’t have to clock out and break my double time while I handled some stuff at home. Catered food three times a day, it’s not bad.

Stayed over 3 days last week and clocked 126 hours for the week. :lol: we’ll see how long until I’m sick of it.

catered food is always good no matter what it is and how often... I worked for a jewish company so it was always kosher food with meat being fish and rarely chicken and they had fresh fruit... all this was twice a week... so 3 times a day catered food is great! I wish I had that benefit again with my new company... I wish lol

Good luck everyone.

So far my new job is stupid easy and the managers are cool af. One let me leave for a few hours on the clock the other day so I didn’t have to clock out and break my double time while I handled some stuff at home. Catered food three times a day, it’s not bad.

Stayed over 3 days last week and clocked 126 hours for the week. :lol: we’ll see how long until I’m sick of it.
Theres only 168 hours total in a week. Dont forget your self care. I worked like 70 hours in a week once and i was ready to burn the job down and i was mostly working from home clicking buttons

Theres only 168 hours total in a week. Dont forget your self care. I worked like 70 hours in a week once and i was ready to burn the job down and i was mostly working from home clicking buttons

It’s not what you think, most the time is spent sitting in the break room watching tv, eating free food or watching YouTube. You have a dorm there so you stay on the clock when you sleep. That’s how you rack up so many hours. You sleep 8 hours a day still. It’s basically a hotel at work, we got a gym too. It just gets boring but it’s hard to turn it down and it’s totally optional. It’s the weirdest job I’ve ever had in my life, def going back next winter though.

I told them a few weeks ago my daughter was in town from ga and they just told me I didn’t even have to show up if we had plans. They are super laid back.

Back
Top Bottom