Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

what's the point of entry level, when they are filling it with experienced candidates who are willing to work for less. pretty frustrating

I hate this ****.

I'm also tired of answering "what have you been doing since (last date of employment)?" *****, I been looking for a job, what you think? >:

I hate this ****.

I'm also tired of answering "what have you been doing since (last date of employment)?" *****, I been looking for a job, what you think?
mad.gif
Tell them that you're taking online classes to do some self improvement. They automatically assume all you're doing is watching TV. I was taking CodeAcademy classes for a bit to do a refresher on HTML since I hadn't been doing any coding since I lost my job. That is what they want to hear.

Last edited:
Man I be telling these **** that, plus I got one of IT certs a couple months ago and working on another (which is on my resume). **** is just frustrating.

Man I be telling these **** that, plus I got one of IT certs a couple months ago and working on another (which is on my resume). **** is just frustrating.
Trust me I know how frustrating it is. My money is drying up so I know how it feels. I went to two staffing agencies yesterday, both submitted me for jobs. I got a call back from one of the agencies just a few minutes ago and I have an interview scheduled for an analyst position at a Marketing firm next Wednesday.

I've submitted my resume about 50+ times and applied to over 30 jobs within the past year and haven't had any major breaks. I've had interviews but get shafted. Been looking to relocate out of state but can't get a job with the ones I've applied for even though I'm more than qualified. Rough out here for everybody, guess we all gotta keep trying tho right |I

Struggling to find a job in the SF Bay Area

Any recommendations ?

Only thing I got was a delivery driver for Kara's cup cakes

#followthebuzzards

Trust me I know how frustrating it is. My money is drying up so I know how it feels. I went to two staffing agencies yesterday, both submitted me for jobs. I got a call back from one of the agencies just a few minutes ago and I have an interview scheduled for an analyst position at a Marketing firm next Wednesday.

Good luck.

^^^just keep applying, something gonna come through for u as long as u sending them resumes out there

Got a little bit of good news. I got a call yesterday for an interview for a Legal Secretary position that I had applied to a while ago. I've applied to so many different gigs that I forgot all about this until they called me. I'm praying that I can get this position.

I've been in the process of starting my own business as well but the cost of getting up an running supersedes my income. For those that can't find a gig w/ some real great skills (transcription, coding, etc.) I would suggest looking into freelancing. I signed up for elance, haven't gotten any offers yet but I don't have any real skills aside from a little bit of legal knowledge and bare minimum coding.

To those w/ IT certs, are they worth it? W3 schools offer certs for $95 for things like HTML, PHP, JQuery, etc. and I was lookin into the CompTia certs but don't want to waste the money if they won't help me get into the field.

^^^just keep applying, something gonna come through for u as long as u sending them resumes out there
Been doing it for a while now still couldn't get a gig.
I had to call up an agency and they gave me temporary jobs...having to do different jobs every two days #CantDoThatNoMore

i haven't had a real job since i was 16 years old...what is this? i have been applying to quite a few stores and could never get a interview (probably only got 2 interviews)
i have applied to at least 20 stores today online, if i don't get a call back, i must have the worst luck

Last edited:
I'm 19 and starting 2nd year in Sept. How much is the pay for the railroads?
It all depends on what your field of interest is and where you live. All I can relate to is how much people make here, Canada, in the departments I know about. 

PM me and tell me what your interests are and I can direct you from there. 

Got a little bit of good news. I got a call yesterday for an interview for a Legal Secretary position that I had applied to a while ago. I've applied to so many different gigs that I forgot all about this until they called me. I'm praying that I can get this position.

I've been in the process of starting my own business as well but the cost of getting up an running supersedes my income. For those that can't find a gig w/ some real great skills (transcription, coding, etc.) I would suggest looking into freelancing. I signed up for elance, haven't gotten any offers yet but I don't have any real skills aside from a little bit of legal knowledge and bare minimum coding.

To those w/ IT certs, are they worth it? W3 schools offer certs for $95 for things like HTML, PHP, JQuery, etc. and I was lookin into the CompTia certs but don't want to waste the money if they won't help me get into the field.

My people that are in IT tell me the Network+ Cert is a good one to start with. I have the A+ but it isn't really helping me get any looks. They can be costly however.

I'm telling you guys look at the railroads!

They offer many positions in many different fields.
Sounds interesting. I have a bachelor of commerce degree, could I still work in the railroads? And I live in Toronto Canada btw. 

UH got an interview on Monday... I'm nervous as hell.  I'ma be on some klonopin + beta blockers most likely.. I just can't handle this stress but I need a dang job.

My people that are in IT tell me the Network+ Cert is a good one to start with. I have the A+ but it isn't really helping me get any looks. They can be costly however.

Yea I know. I was gon do the A+ but it doesn't seem to be worth the price based off of what you're testing for. I've notice that network and server employee demand is kinda up there.

Last edited:
Anyone got any connects with the FDA, NIH, or CDC?

It's probably been mentioned before, but can someone shed light on staffing agencies and even name some.

All work I've ever come by has been from applications.

Thanks

Went to my second interview and got a call a week later asking for my references. Both of my references were called two weeks ago. I have not heard anything since :frown:
Why would they call my references and then forget about me ?

Anyway I got a different interview next friday. Maybe this will go somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom