Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

after a long day of doing applications and doing those stupid exams, checking in..

how many days after i fill out an application before i should call a company back and hit um with the "checking on app" ??

Blew an interview day smh
thought process was not in sync
oh well, i applied for the same position at another place
seeing as i know how to handle it i'm hoping for a second shot or a call back from this invite

I wanna work in a retail area where they make commission like verizon or AT&T but I have had only administrative work. Ya think its worth applying to these places?

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

I wanna work in a retail area where they make commission like verizon or AT&T but I have had only administrative work. Ya think its worth applying to these places?

you got a degree?

1. Congrats Lucky. I know how hard you been trying to get one so that made me happy.

2. Had first interview last thursday and did real well. Had 2nd interview this past Monday, and I think I did really well too. Chick showed me around the facility, talked to other employees within the office, and they even showed me their computer system and how it worked. The manager told me she would call with an answer by Wednesday. It's Wednesday...Playing the waiting game. :/ I'm praying...
embarassed.gif

I don't think it's that tough trying to get in at places like AT&T or Verizon. I could be wrong, though.. I've never had a job selling phones, but I know a couple people who got their jobs without past experience in that field.. you probably just gotta go in the interview and show you are a people person and can communicate with strangers and what not easily and are persuasive..

i have a job, but i'm still frustrated. working to make the next man rich ain't where it's at either man.

Long story made short i quit my warehouse job paying $16/hr all just to go back to school. All the older folks there kept telling me" young man this isnt something that you wanna do forever, get your education".I quit and enrolled in PGCC and now just got accepted in Bowie State University. Now with only having general labor/warehouse experience im trying to intern and improve my experience in hopes of landing a admin/clerical position.Now that things are getting rough im looking to start working again but definitely not in the warehouse feild.What entry level positions are available for guys like me?

Originally Posted by Carver

I don't think it's that tough trying to get in at places like AT&T or Verizon. I could be wrong, though.. I've never had a job selling phones, but I know a couple people who got their jobs without past experience in that field.. you probably just gotta go in the interview and show you are a people person and can communicate with strangers and what not easily and are persuasive..
honestly I advise starting out at like Best Buy, because ATT and VZW are like real deal jobs if that makes sense. Best Buy would be easiest to get in and the experience looks great on your resume. I will say the money you can make at ATT and VZW is
eek.gif
if your young/single with no kids.

^^hey lucky congrats, what position did verizon offer you?, if u don't mind me askin..I'm waiting on an interview for a sales position

And brolic are you in the dmv area by any chance??...I'm filling out similiar paperwork for a position down here..

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

1. Congrats Lucky. I know how hard you been trying to get one so that made me happy.

2. Had first interview last thursday and did real well. Had 2nd interview this past Monday, and I think I did really well too. Chick showed me around the facility, talked to other employees within the office, and they even showed me their computer system and how it worked. The manager told me she would call with an answer by Wednesday. It's Wednesday...Playing the waiting game. :/ I'm praying...
embarassed.gif
Thanks and Good luck brah
tired.gif

Just scheduled an interview off of craigslist tomorrow and they asked me to bring in a resume. Does anyone know any sites that have a template of what I should include on it ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by youngcurse

Long story made short i quit my warehouse job paying $16/hr all just to go back to school. All the older folks there kept telling me" young man this isnt something that you wanna do forever, get your education".I quit and enrolled in PGCC and now just got accepted in Bowie State University. Now with only having general labor/warehouse experience im trying to intern and improve my experience in hopes of landing a admin/clerical position.Now that things are getting rough im looking to start working again but definitely not in the warehouse feild.What entry level positions are available for guys like me?
I thought I was alone....I am EXACTLY on the same boat.  Still have my warehouse job though which I plan to quit within the next couple weeks.  As much as I hate this job, the job security has kept me from resigning.  I am willing to take the risk now though so I can start my career since my 7 years of warehouse experience is very USELESS.  Recently landed an internship that starts on Friday, so hopefully this will be a great start to a new path.

Was your warehouse job full-time, preventing you from keeping the job AND going to school?  Also, what's your major and what field are you looking to target?

Originally Posted by frshstunna

And brolic are you in the dmv area by any chance??...I'm filling out similiar paperwork for a position down here..

San Diego.

%#+@ a pain in the +%+ and doesn't help that I waited until 3 days before it's due to start on it. Tomorrow is the due date.

EDIT:

Took me 12 hours to finish that @$%! today. I've been sitting in front of this computer all damn day.

I just accepted a job that pays a little less than my unemployment.
Mixed emotions. Having a happy/disappoint collabo going on right now but I know I did the right thing, long term anyway

I'm in somewhat as a hole as well. I worked as a licensed barber right out of highschool up until the present. It pays but now with bills & stuff I'm looking to be more comfortable financially. Problem is I have no "valid" experience a workplace, references, or resume. Advice?

Hello Fellow Jobless NT'ers.

After getting reject more times than I can even count, I finally got two upcoming opportunities:

1. AT&T's leadership development program. Relocate to ATL, paid training, guaranteed job, etc. Interview next wed.

2. Staples. Business development Associate. dunno what the hell that is, but I applied since I have a degree now. Phone call to discuss opportunity on friday.

Let's see how these things play out.

Good luck to all still searching, have upcoming interviews or recently got on with a gig.

I def need something better than what I have.  I had to move out of state to get a crappy job because that was the only place hiring and unemployment was running out.  Not knocking it though because I got a job.  I def gotta get a new one though.  Had a phone interview with southwest airlines but that went nowhere.  Going to revamp the resume so that should help hopefully.  I'm trying to stay positive about finding a better job, but if i gotta ride this crappy job out I will.

Back
Top Bottom