Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Joey's ma dude, but he was 5 when The Thong Song dropped. He was talking about it like he was at beach parties jamming to it. 
roll.gif

Joey's ma dude, but he was 5 when The Thong Song dropped. He was talking about it like he was at beach parties jamming to it. :rofl:

:rofl: i was thinking the same thing, like how was this dude when that song came out. I was 9 and barely remember it.

I also have no desire to hear him rap over it, like most of the songs where he raps about sex or getting yambs. The slow 'I'm having sex with girls' songs make me cringe like I'm hearing a dude trying brag back in high school. That Gushy and Pantie raid confirmed for always skip.

Last edited:
We showing our age here, but that is "old school" to him. :lol:

:lol: We definitely are.

I definitely would like to start hearing some info about his debut album though.

Just curious is anyone in here going to either of the shows with Joey, Pro Era, The Underacievers and Flatbush Zombies in NYC next month? There was an OG show for the 20th but they added a show on the 18th which I was able to get tix to.

Last edited:
Wasnt aware they added an extra show I might look into it. Is it at SOBs too?

Edit nvm I found it. It's at Highline and they're only selling $50 VIP tickets right now

Last edited:
Wasnt aware they added an extra show I might look into it. Is it at SOBs too?

Edit nvm I found it. It's at Highline and they're only selling $50 VIP tickets right now

Damn. Yeah I copped mine last Saturday after my boy told me about it I believe for $15.....sorry I should have posted info earlier for my NT brethren.

:lol: We definitely are.

I definitely would like to start hearing some info about his debut album though.

Just curious is anyone in here going to either of the shows with Joey, Pro Era, The Underacievers and Flatbush Zombies in NYC next month? There was an OG show for the 20th but they added a show on the 18th which I was able to get tix to.

I'll be looking into the Highline show... Prices on Stubhub looking a lot better for that one :lol:

Joey's ma dude, but he was 5 when The Thong Song dropped. He was talking about it like he was at beach parties jamming to it. :rofl:

:lol: I was wondering the same thing as I was 15 when that song dropped so I don't know when he was vibing to it like that.

That original comment has me :rofl: but that's how it is, old school is different at the years go by, but I'm still :rofl: at the thought of that, I was 13 when that dropped

Last edited:
^ agreed. Sounds great. Can't wait to get through the rest of the tape because of how nice Joey's songs are.

Back
Top Bottom