John Elliott + Co Thread

Really surprised by the pricing. If you don't have a black or grey kake, now is the time. 

i have a normal black one so I had to go grey here. I was definitely tempted to get a black one though.

im watching the stock on the pants go down so I dont think they'll last much longer. I feel an impulse purchase coming later but I need to resist.

I'm one the same page as you. Copped the grey kake and want some sweats. But I'm wearing my grey eacobars now and they still have a lot of life. My black escobars are looking bombed out and depleted though. I'm def tempted here.

worth is a relative term. if you have the $300 to spend yes. If you're hesitant because you dont want to spend $300 on a hoodie, no. Its all how comfortable you are in your situation.
Gonna add that if you do wear sweats and hoodies often and can see yourself enjoying these pieces for a few years, then view these as investment pieces to your wardrobe like a nice pair of jeans or overcoat. You're gonna get a ton of wear from these and technically, you can't find better quality french terry.

However, 600 dollars for sweatpants and a hoodie is a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:
worth is a relative term. if you have the $300 to spend yes. If you're hesitant because you dont want to spend $300 on a hoodie, no. Its all how comfortable you are in your situation.

More of is it worth the markup from regular john Elliot similar pieces? In terms of quality

I don't own any JE stuff, but have been searching for an olive colored hoodie. 

How "slim" is the Hooded Villain?  I'm a pretty slim dude, but I don't want something too tight.  I've heard they stretch out after some wear?

I don't own any JE stuff, but have been searching for an olive colored hoodie. 

How "slim" is the Hooded Villain?  I'm a pretty slim dude, but I don't want something too tight.  I've heard they stretch out after some wear?
Im 5'8 130lbs and wear a small. They fit perfect and has been slowly stretching out a bit, i wouldnt say a lot

Depends on your style, if u want an oversized fit then size up. 

Theres a sale for a alpine villain on stevenalan.com for 130 usd ish (use 25FORALL and WELCOME2016) which is a steal. Not sure if theyre all sold out now.

Last edited:

Im 5'8 130lbs and wear a small. They fit perfect and has been slowly stretching out a bit, i wouldnt say a lot

Depends on your style, if u want an oversized fit then size up. 

Theres a sale for a alpine villain on stevenalan.com for 130 usd ish (use 25FORALL and WELCOME2016) which is a steal. Not sure if theyre all sold out now.
Yea that is the sale that has me wanting to pick one up. 

I'm about 5'7" 150 tho... and was gonna go with a size Small.    I don't really want an oversized fit that is droopy, I just don't want something so slim that I regret wearing it after a big meal 

Yea that is the sale that has me wanting to pick one up. 

I'm about 5'7" 150 tho... and was gonna go with a size Small.    I don't really want an oversized fit that is droopy, I just don't want something so slim that I regret wearing it after a big meal 
Perhaps go try it on at a store first? Btw, i wouldn't machine dry it if u do end up getting it. It messes with the size zippers when they shrink.

I would measure clothes you currently have and match it with JE's sizing chart. Height and weight is too vague, people have different body types.

Perhaps go try it on at a store first? Btw, i wouldn't machine dry it if u do end up getting it. It messes with the size zippers when they shrink.
Don't have any stores that stock JE anywhere in Denver-area, that I know of.   When I last checked, the closest stockist was 4 hours away in Aspen 

Order two sizes from me porter and try them on and return them. Order today you'll have them by Wednesday. Free returns.

Or feel free to guess on sizing. Not like anyone has ever listened when I drop this gem. I buy multiples and return all the time.

also just an FYI, you said you were interested in olive, but the alpine on sale at steven alan is what caught your attention, in person the alpine can be very underwhelming if you're expecting olive. Its a very different color.

they've already done a real olive a couple seasons ago and im still kicking myself

Last edited:
also just an FYI, you said you were interested in olive, but the alpine on sale at steven alan is what caught your attention, in person the alpine can be very underwhelming if you're expecting olive. Its a very different color.

they've already done a real olive a couple seasons ago and im still kicking myself
Damn alright.  I actually wondered how the color was, as one of the reasons I don't want to go with this Reigning Champ "olive" is because it looks too brown.

http://www.backcountry.com/reigning...ferralID=4247cb51-c639-11e6-b294-0050569406b5

The color + not being able to try on in person probably has me sitting this one out.   

i would probably compare it to that "olive" :lol:

I think i've taken a picture of my olive, alpine, and sage tees together so people could get a better picture of what each color looks like.

yeap, here ya go. Olive - Alpine - Sage

display_order

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom