Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Legacy? If you’re under 35 you probably don’t remember MJ playing. It’s all hype and look at me now.
This is certainly true, but despite being 21, born several years too late to witness his final retirement from the Bulls and really just too late to witness his career as a whole, the current state of technology and the internet has made it so that I was and am still able to witness MJ's playing days thanks to archived tapes being made digital and uploaded online for one's own viewing pleasure, as well as word of mouth from people like yourselves who both know and experienced the history as you've actually seen him play. Of course, it isn't the same as physically having existed in those times, watching him play live and all, but it's enough to develop an appreciation of that era, of Michael as a player, of Tinker Hatfield and much more. I'm not saying I know EVERYTHING, because there's a lot that I don't. But I've learned a lot too just by doing my own due diligence out of genuine interest/passion and by being here on NT for so long. Unfortunately the hype and status symbol factor of Jordan's is definitely a major driving force that encourages people in my age range to buy but even so, I do believe the legacy MJ built is still an equally, if not more important force and a massive part of the allure of the shoes as well. Sadly the two go hand in hand at this point but at their core they are timeless sneakers worn by the greatest player to ever touch the hardwood. Without that, they'd just be some nice looking sneakers and nothing more.

This is certainly true, but despite being 21, born several years too late to witness his final retirement from the Bulls and really just too late to witness his career as a whole, the current state of technology and the internet has made it so that I was and am still able to witness MJ's playing days thanks to archived tapes being made digital and uploaded online for one's own viewing pleasure, as well as word of mouth from people like yourselves who both know and experienced the history as you've actually seen him play. Of course, it isn't the same as physically having existed in those times, watching him play live and all, but it's enough to develop an appreciation of that era, of Michael as a player, of Tinker Hatfield and much more. I'm not saying I know EVERYTHING, because there's a lot that I don't. But I've learned a lot too just by doing my own due diligence out of genuine interest/passion and by being here on NT for so long. Unfortunately the hype and status symbol factor of Jordan's is definitely a major driving force that encourages people in my age range to buy but even so, I do believe the legacy MJ built is still an equally, if not more important force and a massive part of the allure of the shoes as well. Sadly the two go hand in hand at this point but at their core they are timeless sneakers worn by the greatest player to ever touch the hardwood. Without that, they'd just be some nice looking sneakers and nothing more.
Young man you couldn’t have come back at me with a better reply. Respect

Kinda wild that so many people are saying "this isn't what I expected from 'Reimagined.'" Did y'all just not listen? Every single reliable source told us what they were going to be. It was just a matter of seeing what parts of the shoe were gonna be more distressed/what kind of distress it would be. Instead we had people speculating about patent leather and canvas panels. :lol:

Has anyone already put in their pre-order with that Zadeh guy yet that will most likely not be delivered and then reimbursed in store credit?

How about the bulk buyers? Have they also put in their massive quantity orders with that guy that will also most likely not be delivered, especially since it's a much higher quantity he's dealing with?

Kinda wild that so many people are saying "this isn't what I expected from 'Reimagined.'" Did y'all just not listen? Every single reliable source told us what they were going to be. It was just a matter of seeing what parts of the shoe were gonna be more distressed/what kind of distress it would be. Instead we had people speculating about patent leather and canvas panels. :lol:
I gotta see if the toebox is jacked. Who is gonna give us more pics? I hate these tease shots. So dumb.

we ‘ll see u on release day lol

Get the F out of here with that. My word is real. I will be a purist who likes originals until I die.

I don't like gimmicky 💩 like this one. It's backwards to get rehashed shoes with an aged look at a higher retail price than what the brand new originals used to cost.

Get the F out of here with that. My word is real. I will be a purist who likes originals until I die.

I don't like gimmicky 💩 like this one. It's backwards to get rehashed shoes with an aged look at a higher retail price than what the brand new originals used to cost.

We’ll see u on release day :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom