Jordan 1 OG High "White/Black" Releasing 11/8/14

How was this a hated colorway? It's basic white and black.

Some of you just pull comments from out of your *****.

They were packaged with a bad 22 for $310.

Just like how you just pulled it out of yours? Trust me, besides the fact nobody was feeling 1's like they are now, I seen that same cdp pack sit on many store shelves for under $99. It wasn't just the 22 people wasn't feeling. The 1's are just finally getting their due props.

How was this a hated colorway? It's basic white and black.

Some of you just pull comments from out of your *****.

They were packaged with a bad 22 for $310.

Just like how you just pulled it out of yours? Trust me, besides the fact nobody was feeling 1's like they are now, I seen that same cdp pack sit on many store shelves for under $99. It wasn't just the 22 people wasn't feeling. The 1's are just finally getting their due props.

thats the point dude no one wanted to drop $310 on a pair of basic 1's

i wanted the pack from jump but didnt buy until they went on sale

1's arent getting thier due props now they are just more hyped now

timeless classics dont need props to be great they have been great since they were banned

People have always been in to ones. Thus them been retroed like dunks and uptowns.

cut it out those iv's & iii's were WANTED & already had a higher retail & resale tag
people didnt want to pay $310 basically just for the 1's because the 22's were ***
i bought my pack for $200 & quickly sold the 22's for 100 shipped

:lol:@him not being able to see why that comparison makes no sense

Your method of comprehension is "silly". People didn't want these 1's regardless, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference with shoe height if the color way is/was bland and the quality was crap...all of which these 1's were...

There have been many variations of the black and red 1's over the years including the strapped version and dmp version from 2009. Yet those were abysmally "off" from it's earlier renditions and people still threw money down for them...

People are not so willing to buy a shoe, especially in a pack, if the other shoe is not wanted. I myself, passed on the 4/19 pack in 08 because I didn't want the 19's...as did many other people I know personally, and remember well enough on these types of boards with the complaining...

I'm not "new" to this. OG color way or not, if people want a shoe, and it's in a pack, they will find a way to acquire that particular shoe, even if they have to find someone selling separately.

But many did not want the 1/22 pack because both shoes were considered "trash" by the vast majority, although I consider the XX2's to be good shoes for ball.

My method of comprehension? You haven't said anything anything intelligent or with depth.

What you said is ridiculous. Comparing a mid to OG sneakers? As if mids get love up here. You're going to compare phats next? And one in a pack that cost $310 that wasn't even OG because it wasn't a high. People didn't want to pay $310 for the 1/22 CDP...duh.

If you can't see the difference in that comparison, either you don't belong on NT or you need to go back to elementary school, because you missed out on some stuff.

Last edited:
People have always been in to ones. Thus them been retroed like dunks and uptowns.
:lol:@him not being able to see why that comparison makes no sense
My method of comprehension? You haven't said anything anything intelligent or with depth.

What you said is ridiculous. Comparing a mid to OG sneakers? As if mids get love up here. You're going to compare phats next? And one in a pack that cost $310 that wasn't even OG because it wasn't a high. People didn't want to pay $310 for the 1/22 CDP...duh.

If you can't see the difference in that comparison, either you don't belong on NT or you need to go back to elementary school, because you missed out on some stuff.

If you would understand the point I was making, was that not many people were going to buy that 1/22 cdp, so it sat and collected dust because there was 2 undesirable shoes in that pack....

The III and IV cdp's respectively of course sold better....but NOT everybody wanted to buy an inferior shell of it's former retro (99 IV's, 01 III's) with another shoe that they did not want.

I'm not comparing color ways or height of sneakers, something YOU mistakenly keep debating with me, like that's the point I was initially making....:lol:

My point was in reference to the "desirability" of said shoe, and I gave examples of what I was talking about (ex: bred 1 dmp's and strap).

and once again...."OG color way OR not, if people want a shoe, and it's in a pack, they will find a way to acquire that particular shoe, even if they have to find someone selling separately."

Last edited:
LOL...wut? I'm comparing a non-og colorway to original colorways? Please point that out to me...

If you would understand the point I was making, was that not many people were going to buy that 1/22 cdp, so it sat and collected dust because there was 2 undesirable shoes in that pack....

The III and IV cdp's respectively of course sold better....but NOT everybody wanted to buy an inferior shell of it's former retro (99 IV's, 01 III's) with another shoe that they did not want.

I'm not comparing color ways or height of sneakers, something YOU mistakenly keep debating with me, like that's the point I was initially making....:lol:

My point was in reference to the "desirability" of said shoe, and I gave examples of what I was talking about (ex: bred 1 dmp's and strap).

and once again...."OG color way OR not, if people want a shoe, and it's in a pack, they will find a way to acquire that particular shoe, even if they have to find someone selling separately."

Do you still not get what a I mid is?

Last edited:
Magic33 Magic33 don't worry man dude was just tryna be elite like we all just jumped on the bandwagon for these

as if people were even happy to throw down $310 for the bc 3s and bc 4s, they weren't but they did it cuz those are a lot of people's grails, I doubt black and white jordan 1s are anybodies grails. but they are nice and will be copped. I'm so happy that Jordan finally listened to us and started removing unnecessary jumpman branding even if it's only on the 1s for now because that jumpman tag and heel really ruined the 1. please believe if the cdp's were OG style people would have went after them

Last edited:
Magic33 Magic33 don't worry man dude was just tryna be elite like we all just jumped on the bandwagon for these

as if people were even happy to throw down $310 for the bc 3s and bc 4s, they weren't but they did it cuz those are a lot of people's grails, I doubt black and white jordan 1s are anybodies grails. but they are nice and will be copped. I'm so happy that Jordan finally listened to us and started removing unnecessary jumpman branding even if it's only on the 1s for now because that jumpman tag and heel really ruined the 1 for me. please believe if the cdps were OG style people would have went after them

Evidently, you're looking for baseless arguments. I don't consider myself an "elitist" one bit..and OBVIOUSLY bc III's and IV"s were/are people's grails....they are original color ways. :lol:

However, back then people were still complaining about the quality of those shoes compared to it's former retro. Did some people cop? Of course they did!....but there were also people, such as myself with the IV pack, that did not buy it because of the issues with the particular shoe.

..and I was not purposely comparing OG colorways to non-OG color ways, I was more so referencing the non-desirability of the 1 cdp shoe (by most at the time), just using as the example that the III and IV cdp's sold better but STILL, just like the 1/22 cdp, had one shoe most people really disliked....

Evidently, you're looking for baseless arguments. I don't consider myself an "elitist" one bit..and OBVIOUSLY bc III's and IV"s were/are people's grails....they are original color ways. :lol:

However, back then people were still complaining about the quality of those shoes compared to it's former retro. Did some people cop? Of course they did!....but there were also people, such as myself with the IV pack, that did not buy it because of the issues with the particular shoe.

..and I was not purposely comparing OG colorways to non-OG color ways, I was more so referencing the non-desirability of the 1 cdp shoe (by most at the time), just using as the example that the III and IV cdp's sold better but STILL, just like the 1/22 cdp, had one shoe most people really disliked....

It is a OG colorway, but nobody considers I's with jumpmans all over them OG. That's why you can't make that comparison. Just like you can't compare the nubuck shadows.

They tolerate it with the III's and IV's and you still get a ton of complaining.

And cats were still getting III and IV packs for $199, so it's not like they sold out day one.

That's like saying people didn't want the foams in the shooting stars pack, because the resell isn't that high. No, they didn't want a pack for $500 and the other sneaker with them. Your comparison makes no sense, because there's other factors involved. The III and IV shouldn't have even been brought up.

Just say that I's are more in demand now. Which everyone realizes. To say that they were undesired or people thought they were wack based on what some pack did?

Last edited:
airuphere23 airuphere23 just realized that your not the person that posted this and I feel dumb now. I was talking about this guy

Just funny. I swear these came out with the 1/22 cdp pack, and this colorway was one of the most hated. Now it is viewed as clean and simple and people bout to eat em up!

Last edited:
It is a OG colorway, but nobody considers I's with jumpmans all over them OG. That's why you can't make that comparison. Just like you can't compare the nubuck shadows.

They tolerate it with the III's and IV's and you still get a ton of complaining.

And cats were still getting III and IV packs for $199, so it's not like they sold out day one.

That's like saying people didn't want the foams in the shooting stars pack, because the resell isn't that high. No, they didn't want a pack for $500 and the other sneaker with them. Your comparison makes no sense, because there's other factors involved. The III and IV shouldn't have even been brought up.

Just say that I's are more in demand now. Which everyone realizes. To say that they were undesired or people thought they were wack based on what some pack did?

Alright homie, you win..you got it...now we're considering jumpman's to Nike Air logos.....and that STILL was not what my initial point was when I started talking in this thread....:lol:....

No reason to, he was supporting his statement.

well, it has more to do with the jumpman branding, the colorway itself (nor the jordan 1) were ever hated.

dude tried to come in and act like we all just hopped on the bandwagon. no, jordan brand just got it right this time

Last edited:
well, it has more to do with the jumpman branding, the colorway itself (nor the jordan 1) were ever hated.

dude tried to come in and act like we all just hopped on the bandwagon. no, jordan brand just got it right this time

And people have a habit of seeing what they want to see.

I remember dudes liking metallics up here. Even the jumpman version. It always stood out to me, because I never really liked metallics and still don't.

Last edited:

And people have a habit of seeing what they want to see.

I remember dudes liking metallics up here. Even the jumpman version. It always stood out to me, because I never really liked metallics and still don't.

View media item 980721im one of those ppl

airuphere23 airuphere23 just realized that your not the person that posted this and I feel dumb now. I was talking about this guy

Say what you want....but I WILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT. Yes, these set because the desire was not there. Sorry, been collecting for over 20 years and I know a good bit. 1's are reproduce for the people that do like the staple shoe similar to air force ones as mentioned earlier.....but nowhere has the 1 desire ever been this high. NEVER!! That black/white 1 in the cdp set did not sell for manu reasons...mostly not a desired shoe nor was even any 22. Case in point, black red 1 and royal 1's retroed in the early 2000's and I let both pairs go for $39.99 when I saw them (kicking myself now) and they had the nike branding. The 1 is now a popular model. Yes....NOW. After the banneds and more celebs started rocking them with the style of clothing, it is popular now. If you like them, buy them point blank. Similar statement with olive 9. Came out multiple times and people HATED. They dropped last year with the limited tag and they sold out.

Back
Top Bottom