Jordan 1 OG High "White/Black" Releasing 11/8/14

The desire for Jordan 1 sky rocketed since the Banned and Royals aftermath.

That moment when the value of Banned and Royals went north...

I remember when banned 1s were going for 300 and I thought that was crazy for some 1s especially some that just came out. didn't have to worry about fakes either. lol...

Say what you want....but I WILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT. Yes, these set because the desire was not there. Sorry, been collecting for over 20 years and I know a good bit. 1's are reproduce for the people that do like the staple shoe similar to air force ones as mentioned earlier.....but nowhere has the 1 desire ever been this high. NEVER!! That black/white 1 in the cdp set did not sell for manu reasons...mostly not a desired shoe nor was even any 22. Case in point, black red 1 and royal 1's retroed in the early 2000's and I let both pairs go for $39.99 when I saw them (kicking myself now) and they had the nike branding. The 1 is now a popular model. Yes....NOW. After the banneds and more celebs started rocking them with the style of clothing, it is popular now. If you like them, buy them point blank. Similar statement with olive 9. Came out multiple times and people HATED. They dropped last year with the limited tag and they sold out.
that applies for almost all retro Js in the 2000s

for the CDP besides the 22  it would've help if the 1 was a cw MJ wore or black/red combination like the other retros

banned was the 1st 1 with OG branding after mike retired & people's buying priority have transitioned from having latest Js to having retros MJ wore to og cws then later on to retro+s

in the last few years, that demand feels even Higher because JB made all these OG Hi 1s so limited compare to all the retros

we know in 2001 with lower demand  JB released 117,000 pairs of Royal 1s

in 2013 with higher demand/more consumers, the # of Royal 1s JB released is not even a quarter of the amount they released more than a dozen years before

Last edited:
exactly, in 2001 people weren't even worried about retros they were still buying the newest model

Last edited:
exactly, in 2001 people weren't even worried about retros they were still buying the newest model
yeah although not as bad as 1994 retros from what the super old heads said

i'm guilty as a young kid that the black/red 16s was my most wanted pair of Js in 2001 
laugh.gif
the 1s,3s,11s are just second priority lol but its not like i could afford them all anyways haha

Last edited:
Are these gonna have that contrast stitching crap? I liked the red sail and the green 1s but the stitching kept/keeping me away from those. These will be a pass too if so...(looks like from the pics looking at them on my phone)

Last edited:
Are these gonna have that contrast stitching crap? I liked the red sail and the green 1s but the stitching kept/keeping me away from those. These will be a pass too if so...(looks like from the pics looking at them on my phone)

Yeah, they need to chill on that contrasting stitching crap, especially on the midsole like on those Gym Red's. :smh:

Yeah, they need to chill on that contrasting stitching crap, especially on the midsole like on those Gym Red's. :smh:
Pet peeve of mine.
As far as the black tongue, I could deal with that change,

These are looking better and better. I wonder when they will release? I assume that no date has been confirmed yet. Id like to see some official photos, but i already know I'm gonna buy them. I like this colorway better than the black toes. The breds are still my all time favorite.

Back
Top Bottom