Jordan 1 OG High "White/Black" Releasing 11/8/14

Just funny. I swear these came out with the 1/22 cdp pack, and this colorway was one of the most hated. Now it is viewed as clean and simple and people bout to eat em up!
It's probably safe to say that the perceived difference in demand between the CDP release and this upcoming reissue is primarily by virtue of Nike Air branding.  Otherwise, if released in the same fashion as the CDP, I bet they will sit for an extended period of time.  

I'm bout to do this though...

The "goal" of my collection is to have every OG colorway of every Jordan 1-20, though. Otherwise, I would probably pass on these. Can't believe I'm saying this, but they are kinda on the plain side.
i think half of your collection will be 1s. lol nah but a good portion of it though. the exact amount of og cw 1s is almost unknown

Last edited:
you couldnt be more wrong playboy

people didnt want to drop the full amount or 1/2 of the box price for a simple 1 that was the issue
toss in the fact those werent OG nor a high... cant forget the fact this was still around the time the MASSES hated 1's now the MASSES love 1's especially 1's with NA branding
& finally toss in these will be $150 tops where the cdp was 1/2 box of the pack

even right now dudes wont split packs because no one wants 22's so they end up squatting on the whole pack

the jumpman on the tongue and back have always been the deal breaker for me on the 1s. I'm not so sure about how the quality was on them either and I would always have to try and picture how they would look with black laces :lol:

Just funny. I swear these came out with the 1/22 cdp pack, and this colorway was one of the most hated. Now it is viewed as clean and simple and people bout to eat em up!

How was this a hated colorway? It's basic white and black.

Some of you just pull comments from out of your *****.

They were packaged with a bad 22 for $310.

the iii and iv were also packaged with undesired shoes, and still had better sales than these 1's did when they dropped with the xx2's..

I can recall that those 1's were not a hot commodity and could have been copped for the low back then...still probably could actually.

Are you really comparing a Jumpman mid I to a black III or IV?

Those packs were a resellers nightmare. A lot of those packs sat until they were at $199.

And even $199 isn't a steal for I's. That's why they didn't start selling until $149 or $99.

Jumpman I's were going for $110 retail, often dropping to around $50. Jordan XXII's retailed for $175, and that was a terrible colorway to try to act like it was worth $200. If I recall correctly the black suede and basketball joints went on sale almost everywhere for far less than $175. I think I got them when they were around $79 or $99.

So of course the pack was hated, you're selling ******** for $310.

Last edited:
Yes I am really comparing THOSE to a bc iii or iv.

....and so what if I did? The point is all 3 of those packs had shoes very few people wanted to get the other desired shoe...and it does not change the fact that those 1's were being sold for dirt cheap months after the entire 1/22 pack dropped to outlet prices...still many people didn't like those 1's, and even complained that the quality was trash...which it was...lol

It was just the fact that not many people were wearing 1's in '08 but the BC3's and BC4's were as popular then as they were now

....and so what if I did? The point is all 3 of those packs had shoes very few people wanted to get the other desired shoe...and it does not change the fact that those 1's were being sold for dirt cheap months after the entire 1/22 pack dropped to outlet prices...still many people didn't like those 1's, and even complained that the quality was trash...which it was...lol

That comparison is silly. Nobody wanted a mid, especially for $310. You still don't seem to get you're comparing OG releases of two of the top five most popular models to a jumpman mid. Much less ones that hadn't been retroed in 7/8 years.

I like steak, do I want to pay $300 for imitation veggie steak?

That comparison is silly. Nobody wanted a mid, especially for $310. You still don't seem to get you're comparing OG releases of two of the top five most popular models to a jumpman mid. Much less ones that hadn't been retroed in 7/8 years.

I like steak, do I want to pay $300 for imitation veggie steak?

Your method of comprehension is "silly". People didn't want these 1's regardless, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference with shoe height if the color way is/was bland and the quality was crap...all of which these 1's were...

There have been many variations of the black and red 1's over the years including the strapped version and dmp version from 2009. Yet those were abysmally "off" from it's earlier renditions and people still threw money down for them...

People are not so willing to buy a shoe, especially in a pack, if the other shoe is not wanted. I myself, passed on the 4/19 pack in 08 because I didn't want the 19's...as did many other people I know personally, and remember well enough on these types of boards with the complaining...

I'm not "new" to this. OG color way or not, if people want a shoe, and it's in a pack, they will find a way to acquire that particular shoe, even if they have to find someone selling separately.

But many did not want the 1/22 pack because both shoes were considered "trash" by the vast majority, although I consider the XX2's to be good shoes for ball.

I hear everything you're saying. But you gotta understand it's a whole new era of sneaker enthusiasts. Jordan 1's are now desirable, and Nike Air makes all the difference.

I hear everything you're saying. But you gotta understand it's a whole new era of sneaker enthusiasts. Jordan 1's are now desirable, and Nike Air makes all the difference.

I've always understood that. I'm not a sneaker "elitist" but I realize that a "Nike Air" brings out the nostalgists and newcomers that want a shot at something they may have always wanted...but yes I agree with you totally.

^^^ As far as most hated. I remember NT wasn't feeling these when the 1/22 pics surfaced, but that's prolly because everyone expected the Chicagos or B/Reds. It's like expecting to get a SS or Z28 Camaro, but walking away with a base model. It's still not a bad car, however your let down cuz you expected more.

Last edited:
i think half of your collection will be 1s. lol nah but a good portion of it though. the exact amount of og cw 1s is almost unknown

I think you may be correct, sir. I'm still a little cloudy on the OG colorways of the I's.

airuphere23 airuphere23 you're tweaking bro. how are you comparing black and white jordan 1s to black cement 3s and 4s? the cdp 1s weren't "hated" that pack just wasn't worth buying. you're trying to hard to be elitist

the iii and iv were also packaged with undesired shoes, and still had better sales than these 1's did when they dropped with the xx2's..

I can recall that those 1's were not a hot commodity and could have been copped for the low back then...still probably could actually.

cut it out those iv's & iii's were WANTED & already had a higher retail & resale tag
people didnt want to pay $310 basically just for the 1's because the 22's were ***
i bought my pack for $200 & quickly sold the 22's for 100 shipped

I can't be the only person who actually wanted the XIX's in the 4/19 pack. They weren't bad for hooping at all, and neither were the Blk Cat XX's. The XX2's were trash cuz they caused blisters.

I can't be the only person who actually wanted the XIX's in the 4/19 pack. They weren't bad for hooping at all, and neither were the Blk Cat XX's. The XX2's were trash cuz they caused blisters.

i wanted the xx's until in hand...theeeeee ashiest things ive ever seen.... my gf wouldnt touch her set :lol: still ds in box

i wanted the xx's until in hand...theeeeee ashiest things ive ever seen.... my gf wouldnt touch her set :lol: still ds in box

Really? :lol: mines were straight. My 18s, & 17s on the other hand were ashy purple and scuffed up. They all made good balling shoes.

Really? :lol: mines were straight. My 18s, & 17s on the other hand were ashy purple and scuffed up. They all made good balling shoes.

scuffed & whiter than ashy larry

Back
Top Bottom