Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

Some people no matter how much money they have in the bank have a mental block paying over x amount on a pair of sneakers. I've missed out on pairs I wanted because while the price was reasonable I wanted to get them for the same steal price I bought other releases from the same pack.

Some people no matter how much money they have in the bank have a mental block paying over x amount on a pair of sneakers. I've missed out on pairs I wanted because while the price was reasonable I wanted to get them for the same steal price I bought other releases from the same pack.

This is Me.
I have passed up on way too many Sneaks because of the Mental Price Max in my head.
"I will not spend more than $xxx.00 for xxxxx," I tell myself.
I had the $, but sometimes don't even want to spend $50, $20, $10, and unfortunately even $5. over something that I thnk I can get a better deal on...Sad but true.

Last edited:

YOU'RE BUYING $300 KICKS BUT NEED "HELP"....

PRIORITIES?
...it's this. I have the money, but I can't bring myself to pay $350 or $400 for one pair of kicks.  That's a lot of money. 

Last edited:
Never ever spent over 230 on a pair, but I've sold for well over on vnds pairs
tongue.gif

Never ever spent over 230 on a pair, but I've sold for well over on vnds pairs
tongue.gif
Never spent over $200 here out of my own pocket. If I miss out on something, I cop the next big release the following week and trade for them.

Man I wish I could say I haven't...but I spent 400 on pads heinekens and 390 on tiff lows. Tiff lows are long gone but I feel like I got a deal on the heinys.

This is Me.
I have passed up on way too many Sneaks because of the Mental Price Max in my head.
I had the $, but sometimes don't even want to spend $50, $20, $10, and unfortunately even $5. over something that I thnk I can get a better deal on...Sad but true.
You got to overcome that. Having a limit on what you will spend is stupid imo, and you probably passed up on a lot of steals because you did so.

This is Me.
You got to overcome that. Having a limit on what you will spend is stupid imo, and you probably passed up on a lot of steals because you did so.
They're just shoes though 
laugh.gif

I remember those broke college days. Still remember the broke days but not so much the college ones anymore. Like someone mentioned earlier, textbooks are the biggest scam in the United States right now. $350 for ink and paper? $220 for a f'n digital copy?

This boy googled it and found most of the books in Russian and used translator to get the gist of it. Who knew the Russians were so up to date in Psychological fields.

I remember those broke college days. Still remember the broke days but not so much the college ones anymore. Like someone mentioned earlier, textbooks are the biggest scam in the United States right now. $350 for ink and paper? $220 for a f'n digital copy?

This boy googled it and found most of the books in Russian and used translator to get the gist of it. Who knew the Russians were so up to date in Psychological fields.
College tuition is the biggest scam imo keeps going up

Because at a certain point you have to put a price on leather and rubber. 
QFT. The intrinsic value of the shoe is only worth so much. Then you have to gauge what the personal value and utility of owning a particular type/color/style of shoe will be. When you consider ALL the releases that come out, you can think to yourself that there is bound to be 2-3 shoes that you will enjoy just as much if not more than having just one pair. Not even just considering shoes, the money one spends paying resell can be spent on a lot of other (better?) things.

Last edited:
The most frustrating part about this; I would tell myself, not going to pay X amount of dollars for this particular pair, 1 week later and I end up spending that amount and more for pairs that I didn't like as much as the pair I set an amount for but ended up purchasing because they were cheaper.  Sure, I ended up getting 2 or 3 pair versus 1, but the dollar amount is the same. 

Feels like I'm fighting Charles Xavier, haha.

Yeah, I try to limit my searches when I'm on the hunt to just those pairs I'm looking for. Once I get the itch scratched I can widen my net again and flip through more pairs, but honestly my list of must haves is getting shorter and shorter each year.

Joints look disgusting when all the white is off.
agreed.. when I won my local raffle to cop a pair, I had the hardest time deciding whether to go black or white (would have copped both if they let me)... finally decided on black because, although whites were dope out the box, I figured the blacks would look better distressed. The white pairs look like how my AJKO Breds looked after walking through all the salt that they put on the streets during the winter

only pair i've paid resell for was royals for $350
ahhh Royals for $350, those were the days *sigh*

295 for a worn 3x pair or just bite the bullet and pay the 350 for a DS pair??

I'm usually all for used shoes if the price is good, but 295 is so high for WORN shoes, especially considering that the whole special thing about the LMs is wearing them from new and breaking them in your own way, I'm thinking I just pay the extra for a DS pair

295 for a worn 3x pair or just bite the bullet and pay the 350 for a DS pair??

I'm usually all for used shoes if the price is good, but 295 is so high for WORN shoes, especially considering that the whole special thing about the LMs is wearing them from new and breaking them in your own way, I'm thinking I just pay the extra for a DS pair
Honestly if they have only been worn casually 3x then the outer paint is still probably intact unless they skated in them or something.

Back
Top Bottom