Jordan 11 Legit Check Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody clarify if you're supposed to be able to see through the sole where it comes up over the patent leather on the toe? Thanks.

Can somebody clarify if you're supposed to be able to see through the sole where it comes up over the patent leather on the toe? Thanks.

Depends on the shoe. Cool greys, Concords, gammas should have milky toes that you should not be able to see through. Space Jams, breds, anniversaries, Columbias should be able to see through.

from88til from88til you right fam on the gammas, cool greys, & cords, but when it comes to bred 11's your only partially correct, because og's & 01's have a milky/opaque toe cap. Only the cdp's & 12's share the transparent toe cap!! Just a little info for someone shopping for og's are 01's!!

from88til from88til you right fam on the gammas, cool greys, & cords, but when it comes to bred 11's your only partially correct, because og's & 01's have a milky/opaque toe cap. Only the cdp's & 12's share the transparent toe cap!! Just a little info for someone shopping for og's are 01's!!

Good lookin out as always. The recent retros were what I was referring to but you're right the OG's are solid.

Good lookin out as always. The recent retros were what I was referring to but you're right the OG's are solid.
Anytime fam, all we doing is dropping knowledge for others less familiar with older models. And speaking of anniversaries been looking for a ds sz 11 pair for over 2 years, i guess it aint in the cards for me :rofl:

Depends on the shoe. Cool greys, Concords, gammas should have milky toes that you should not be able to see through. Space Jams, breds, anniversaries, Columbias should be able to see through.

Thanks bro. Repped.

Guide updated about Patent Leather cut & Toe Caps. Again if anyone has any comments or suggestions, please feel free to message me or post it here.

I can't tell the differences in your picture of  the Concords. The PL on both looks pretty low. 

What do you mean by rounded midsoles?

I can't tell the differences in your picture of  the Concords. The PL on both looks pretty low. 

What do you mean by rounded midsoles?
a lot of fakes have the cut on the PL higher than normal and sometimes they are close to on point. and the midsoles if you look look at them straight from the back they will be rounded almost like if the shoe had a muffin top lol. It supposed to be more in line with the rest of the shoe or barely rounded at all. Go through the pics again and just try nitpicking and you will easily see.

EDIT: Take a look at the fake ebay pics of the SJ11s. Notice how high the PL cut looks where the mid stitching is and on the sides

Last edited:
Air Jordan XI 11 Retro
Space Jam
378037 041
Unauthorized pair and 2009 OR Comparison

Left - Ghost Pair
Right - '09 Pair

View media item 913024- both pairs are size 10. Left pair starting to show some yellowing although barely noticeable compare to the '09 pair. The '09 pair is heavier than the ghost pair.

View media item 913027- huge difference in boxes. The Jumpman logo on the '09 pair has a darker shade of varsity royal compare to the light blue on the ghost pair. The Jumpman logo on the ghost pair is flat while the '09 pair is engraved, same with the 23 on the box.

View media item 913029- not much of a difference between the slider box but the color of the plastic insert of the ghost pair is a little dull compare to the '09.

View media item 913031- shoe trees are very different between the two. Notice the color shade.

View media item 913035- shoe tree size tag from the ghost pair was poorly done. The '09 shoe trees have an outline around the text, same with all Jordan 11 releases.

View media item 913036- both toe box are clear, both have the third spacing on the Jumpman Jordan tag at the tongue.

View media item 913038- ball of the Jumpman lining up against the middle of the 23. One thing I've noticed was the font of the 23 of the ghost pair was thinner compared to my SJ, Bred and Concords. Patent leather cut was lower on the ghost pair, same as the new releases.

View media item 913040- the jumpman of the ghost pair is bigger than the '09 pair.

View media item 913041- not too much difference on the outsoles other than the icy soles. Pods (white circles/ellipses) are mostly similar on both pairs.

View media item 913043-carbon fiber. I tried scratching off the CF on the ghost pair as said on reviews but nothing happened. No scratch marks and peeling although the CF on the '09 pair is a lot smoother than the ghost pair.

Hope this helps.
Thanks NT!

@paulleinahtan  the text outline on the insert is a good find, i'm just thinking of some good comparison shots that I can use in this thread. Does the JUMPMAN JORDAN sign on the box, have embossing way past it? 

@paulleinahtan  the text outline on the insert is a good find, i'm just thinking of some good comparison shots that I can use in this thread. Does the JUMPMAN JORDAN sign on the box, have embossing way past it? 
You should also look at the size of the 23 on the box, I've seen they can vary on real and fake gamma boxes so I figure it may also apply to these too. Real is on the left and fake on the right of this pic

Last edited:
@nykickstape  the 2 looks crooked, usually the embossing of the JUMPMAN JORDAN logo is really off, I wish I could find a picture as an example lol

@agsz I totally know what you are talking about when i was comparing these gamma boxes. I wish I could be of more help, but I took these pics a while back and dont have the fake pair anymore. You can kind of see the slight difference, but I will admit not the best pic. legit is on the left and fake is on the right

Last edited:
@nykickstape  yup thats it. its a lot larger than the actual logo, and the color/font is off as well, plus the size of the text is smaller on the fake. I guess it's a red flag to look for, but I feel like the high quality reps/GM's have the boxing correct now, and apparently they fixed the 23's too..

@nykickstape  zoom in on the image, the box on the left has the wrong embossing too I believe..are you 100% positive that was an Authentic pair?

@agsz yea it was legit got it directly from nike online, prolly just the lighting of the picture that makes it look like that. The crappy picture really doesn't show the differences too well. The one on the right basically felt like there was hardly any groove and it was almost aligned perfectly with the rest of the box. Also the color of the jumpman was off on the fake, a darker shade of the standard gamma blue.

Last edited:
@paulleinahtan
 the text outline on the insert is a good find, i'm just thinking of some good comparison shots that I can use in this thread. Does the JUMPMAN JORDAN sign on the box, have embossing way past it? 
The JUMPMAN JORDAN on my Jams and Cords were embossed perfectly, while the GM pair has a really bad alignment. I'll post pics when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom