Jordan 11 Legit Check Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got tons of pictures uploaded to my profile with various shots and angles of a ton of my 11s from the many legit checks I've done. Specifically DMPs, Space Jams, and Condords. But I do have some pictures of my cool greys and anniversaries as well mixed in. Feel free to use my pictures

@jdfrenchbread23  Do you have pictures comparing legit DMP's to fake DMP's? If you think you have pictures that would better suit this thread, private message me the picture and what picture you think it should replace, I want this thread to be as thorough as possible, so people don't create threads about clear sole 11's anymore.

@jdfrenchbread23
 Do you have pictures comparing legit DMP's to fake DMP's? If you think you have pictures that would better suit this thread, private message me the picture and what picture you think it should replace, I want this thread to be as thorough as possible, so people don't create threads about clear sole 11's anymore.
I don't have pictures directly comparing them to anything but regular retail Concords because unauthorized DMP 11s don't exist. Just old low quality run of the mill plastic carbon fiber replicas exist. I think it's safe to assume that everyone can detect those fakes without much research.

I don't have pictures directly comparing them to anything but regular retail Concords because unauthorized DMP 11s don't exist. Just old low quality run of the mill plastic carbon fiber replicas exist. I think it's safe to assume that everyone can detect those fakes without much research.
I believe i've seen some recent GM DMP 11's, some have the JORDAN down the eyelets, some dont, but the soles have ZERO yellowing.

I believe i've seen some recent GM DMP 11's, some have the JORDAN down the eyelets, some dont, but the soles have ZERO yellowing.
Could you post some pics of those? I'm 99.999999% sure GM DMP 11's don't exist. There are plenty of legit pairs that have the eyelets on them out there. They were released in outlets and in some actual packs.. They stopped producing them because the gold lets would bleed onto the mesh. As for the clear icy soles that's completely normal. The DMP 11s are renown for resisting yellowing. Especially around the pods. It's completely normal for a DS pair to still be 100% icy. Some say the glue they used in these was different.

Could you possibly post a link or pictures of them? Because i'm 99.9999999% percent sure GM DMP 11s dont exist. As for the eyelets, they were initially supposed to be on all of the release pairs but due to eyelets bleeding gold on to the mesh they stopped producing them with the eyelets although the already produced eyelet versions were released in both the packs and individually at outlets. As for the icy soles, believe it or not it is completely plausible to have DS DMP 11s with completely Icy soles. In fact, the DMPs are renown for how well they resist yellowing. Ive heard its something about the glue they used back then. My pair has been worn around 30 times and are 8 years old but look how well they have aged. Also they have never been seaglowed before. Notice the way they have aged and yellowed when compared to my DS concords.
View media item 741267View media item 666161
I think its also important to note that pre 2009 (the space jam release) 11 soles did not yellow the same way as they do now. The soles yellowed gradually and uniformly as a whole and not around the pods like they do now. My DMPs are evidence of that.

Im almost certain what you saw were actual legit DMPs. But if youre going by todays standards I can understand why youd think they are GMs, but its not the case. Your just dealing with a shoe that was made with quality that hasnt been seen in a very long time. I stick by my oringinal statement that the only fakes of DMPs are the old school replicas were used to like these

View media item 933560
and a DS pair of legit DMPs stored well (which most are because they are grails) can still look like

View media item 933561

Last edited:
yes but not Grey Market DMPs. Youre not going to find any with real carbon fiber like the other GM 11s. Youre only going to find the ones with the plastic carbon fiber
I think they do though. As we all know GM factories are fiends today trying to make everything and on point as possible. I remember doing a LC on some DMP 11s that to this day I think are GM. Anyway timmybrix posted a link to some GMs for sale from a site but I can't find the thread on my phone right now

I think they do though. As we all know GM factories are fiends today trying to make everything and on point as possible. I remember doing a LC on some DMP 11s that to this day I think are GM. Anyway timmybrix posted a link to some GMs for sale from a site but I can't find the thread on my phone right now

I remember that thread cause I commented on it as well. The link that Timmy posted was one of those replica sites that had an "authentic" (GM) section. Although site did have dumps they were not listed in the GM section, they were listed in the replica section. Also the site used stock photos for their shoes so there is no actual picture of the them hence no reason to believe there are any floating around. Like I said if you can point me in the direction of a pair of GMs id like to see it but as far as my knowledge with 11s go (which is very extensive) they do not exist.

I believe this is the thread you're referring too.
http://niketalk.com/t/579994/air-jordan-11-dmp-legit-check

See how icy these ones are how "iffy" the 23 is? That's exactly how they're supposed to look. DMP 11s look nothing like the 11s made today as far as construction and quality goes and they shouldn't be compared to them. They're shaped differently and they've got a ton of padding in places the most recent 11s don't, especially the tongue. If New GM 11s were being remade they would be made according to today's standard and you'd easily be able to tell the difference. I've got tons of pictures comparing the DMP 11s to the most recent concord release as far as shape goes. You can check them out in my albums.

But like I said, I have yet to see a pair of GM DMP 11s, or 6s for that matter. Anyone that claimed they exist hasn't provided any actual pictures or proof so I'm going to stick by my statement. And I repeat, these 11s are different. They don't yellow like the newest 11s do and they have the same 23s like the newest 11s do so using they same techniques used to spot GM 11s does not apply with these shoes. The only "fake" Dmps you're going to find are your average everyday 2005 flea market replicas like these plus or minus the gold letters on the eyeletsView media item 934036

Last edited:
@jdfrenchbread23
 maybe not the specific thread I was referring to, but very similar. I didn't know the color of the pods affects the oxidation
I honestly don't think it's the color, I think it's the glue and quality materials that effect oxidation. Obviously the Dmps resist yellowing much better than my Concords, and better than my 09 space jams and cool Greys

I really believe it is a mixture of both because the DMP 11's and retro Columbia's both have black traction pods and don't yellow as much as the other releases. My black/varsity red 6's have black soles with the icy sole and are barely yellowing now and those are a '10 release along with the Cool Gray 11's that should have yellowing regardless. I don't have it down to a science but it makes sense to me.

I really believe it is a mixture of both because the DMP 11's and retro Columbia's both have black traction pods and don't yellow as much as the other releases. My black/varsity red 6's have black soles with the icy sole and are barely yellowing now and those are a '10 release along with the Cool Gray 11's that should have yellowing regardless. I don't have it down to a science but it makes sense to me.
Still don't believe there are any GM DMPs in existence.

Still don't believe there are any GM DMPs in existence.

Agreed. Sorry if I was mistaken but I didn't mean to say I thought there were GM DMP's. I believe there are obvious fake pairs of these among other packs but not GM's. If a recent pack came out I wouldn't be surprised if they did now. But not the older releases.

Precisely. Tons of fakes. But as far as GMs goes the fakes don't exist. Fake replicas yes, but you won't find any with real carbon fiber. I welcome you to prove me wrong though

Last edited:
Agreed. Sorry if I was mistaken but I didn't mean to say I thought there were GM DMP's. I believe there are obvious fake pairs of these among other packs but not GM's. If a recent pack came out I wouldn't be surprised if they did now. But not the older releases.

You're right. I highly doubt there are any fakes with real CF for those releases and others around that time. The good fakes didn't come around until the SJ retro era.

You're right. I highly doubt there are any fakes with real CF for those releases and others around that time. The good fakes didn't come around until the SJ retro era.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Although there have been Gm reproductions of old shoes, but I've only seen that with the 17s that have been popping up the last couple of years.

Guys, I'm sorry to ask but are early release/unauthorized pairs authentic? I've read a thread before but all I see was a 3-page war... so I was quite confused.

I was looking to buy a Jordan 11 Bred and I found one from this seller. He mentions that his are early release/unauthorized. He had some images uploaded (inspected the other Jordan 11 Bred pictures he had from his different sizes) and all I see that they are legit, well at least in my opinion. 

> Patent leather is visible on toecap as usual

> Forefoot patent leather appears as the usual "bubbly", it isn't flat

> JUMPMAN JORDAN is on the 3rd lace area, and I can read the JUMPMAN JORDAN pretty well, the "R" on the JORDAN doesn't appear to look like a "Q"

> Jumpman basketball is between the 23 as usual, with the exception of the right shoe, which is a bit down, and which I think is normal

> The 23 isn't compressed, it's legible

> Stitching is even throughout

> Outsole on heel tip is pointed and is aligned in the center

> Carbon fiber is bumpy as usual

> Black carbon fiber squares are visible from the outsole (Are they supposed to be?)

> Jumpman is properly placed on the outsole

>> One thing I haven't seen yet is his box

>> On this website (it's like eBay), he gets 20 positive feedbacks from customers, not a single negative feedback, which I think isn't normal, because, not a lot of the buyers get to place feedbacks, I think 85% of the buyers from this website do not place one. I see some like "Thanks for the kicks sir, 100% legit seller here, etc."

So, what do you guys think? If you want me to place his pictures here, I would. I hope I wouldn't be buying a fake pair guys. Thanks!

Guys, I'm sorry to ask but are early release/unauthorized pairs authentic? I've read a thread before but all I see was a 3-page war... so I was quite confused.

I was looking to buy a Jordan 11 Bred and I found one from this seller. He mentions that his are early release/unauthorized. He had some images uploaded (inspected the other Jordan 11 Bred pictures he had from his different sizes) and all I see that they are legit, well at least in my opinion. 

> Patent leather is visible on toecap as usual
> Forefoot patent leather appears as the usual "bubbly", it isn't flat
> JUMPMAN JORDAN is on the 3rd lace area, and I can read the JUMPMAN JORDAN pretty well, the "R" on the JORDAN doesn't appear to look like a "Q"
> Jumpman basketball is between the 23 as usual, with the exception of the right shoe, which is a bit down, and which I think is normal
> The 23 isn't compressed, it's legible
> Stitching is even throughout
> Outsole on heel tip is pointed and is aligned in the center
> Carbon fiber is bumpy as usual
> Black carbon fiber squares are visible from the outsole (Are they supposed to be?)
> Jumpman is properly placed on the outsole
>> One thing I haven't seen yet is his box
>> On this website (it's like eBay), he gets 20 positive feedbacks from customers, not a single negative feedback, which I think isn't normal, because, not a lot of the buyers get to place feedbacks, I think 85% of the buyers from this website do not place one. I see some like "Thanks for the kicks sir, 100% legit seller here, etc."

So, what do you guys think? If you want me to place his pictures here, I would. I hope I wouldn't be buying a fake pair guys. Thanks!
No

Just rereading this thread. Wanted to know if anyone had any info about GM anniversary 11s? I do remember early pictures of them having a slightly blue tinted soles, but mine came clear. But I do remember sites like marqueesole carrying them, and so did The Closet Collector, who is known for having fakes. Anyone ever see any GM anniversary 11s?

Just rereading this thread. Wanted to know if anyone had any info about GM anniversary 11s? I do remember early pictures of them having a slightly blue tinted soles, but mine came clear. But I do remember sites like marqueesole carrying them, and so did The Closet Collector, who is known for having fakes. Anyone ever see any GM anniversary 11s?
Not that I know of. I would like to add those and DMP's to the Guide as well, the more models we cover the more it helps people.

Not that I know of. I would like to add those and DMP's to the Guide as well, the more models we cover the more it helps people.
Fair enough I've got tons of pictures of both of my pairs it's just a matter of finding the time to get them uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom