Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

So when is the first "remastered" shoe set to release so we can see these in person. I can't trust some of y'all young kids opinions that think the recent retros with fake leather are great quality.
These Retro 4s about to drop on the 10th

Check them out at your local Finish Line 

-Fresh 

That's not accurate. In our shoe stores, we found that 1.5 size up for Women Shoes was best in most cases.

I wear an 11.5 Mens, and always needed a 13 in Womens. Womens shoes tend to be more narrow, so the extra half size makes a difference.
ok, I don't understand why but the conversion table is different on the European Nike site 

where did you got that size chart from, because its not very accurate
im a mens EU41/US8 and when i buy wmns shoes i need a wmns US9.5 and not a size 9

View media item 1329642

When you buy a WMN US9.5 your size in cm is 26.5 = MEN US8.5

There are too chart on internet...

Its been known that womens shoes are a sz 1.5 larger. Gradeschool follows the sizing as mens.

So where the GS begins and ends 3.5Y-7Y, womens for the JB line will begin at 9 and will end at 11 which is a 7.5-9.5 mens.

Last edited:
Did you get a chance to try them on?

Yeah. Theyre comfy not a big change in comfort, just a noticeable difference with the softer leather.

Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983
The toe was somewhat more slanted then recent retros. But thats judging off a single pair. We'll have to wait and see. From understanding they were just remastering quality, not shape, right?

So when is the first "remastered" shoe set to release so we can see these in person. I can't trust some of y'all young kids opinions that think the recent retros with fake leather are great quality.

Been collecting since 03. I have a collecting ranging from 85, 94, 99-2015. OG to first wave retros. I think I can spot good quality. :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah. Theyre comfy not a big change in comfort, just a noticeable difference with the softer leather.

Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983
The toe was somewhat more slanted then recent retros. But thats judging off a single pair. We'll have to wait and see. From understanding they were just remastering quality, not shape, right?

Thanks man! Outta reps at the moment
Im pretty sure you're right that JB hasn't promised remastered shape, but its encouraging that you find the toe-box to be decent anyway

Im pretty sure you're right that JB hasn't promised remastered shape, but its encouraging that you find the toe-box to be decent anyway
JB said that they will try to get the shape and quality as close to the OG's as possible.  They were talking materials and molds

JB said that they will try to get the shape and quality as close to the OG's as possible.  They were talking materials and molds

Theyre ok. The 1, 7, and 4 are the only models I saw in hand that have been remastered. Theyre acting like they cant recreate molds they made not lonh ago tho? Lol

@AirThompson

Did you think they fit any differently than previous IV's? Do they run smaller/bigger/same?

Last edited:
Theyre ok. The 1, 7, and 4 are the only models I saw in hand that have been remastered. Theyre acting like they cant recreate molds they made not lonh ago tho? Lol
Exactly!!

It shouldn't be hard with all the tech available and I'm sure JB has kept the original blueprints and molds probably in the vault with the 3s

JB could make retros exactly the same as OG's if they wanted too. They just choose not to.

yup

Plus, on top of that, even if JB really had lost the OG molds, which I find to be total BS, you don't need the old molds to see how jacked up the recent Retros have been.

Just make a new mold. One that doesn't have a freaking banana-toe, give it taller leather below the wing-tab, pad the tongue properly, don't pinch the waves into the midsole, angle the netting.
There, problem solved

Last edited:
Who started the rumor that JB lost the original Molds?

You're a billion dollar company but you lose the stuff that helped make you a billion dollar company?

I find that hard to believe unless there was a fire but then you still would have the Original Models around that you could take apart and build from.

I know of businesses that still have there first dollar earned.

With all the OGs you see on youtube or even ebay i doubt JB cant get the OG mold... Like others have said its BS just to cheap out on quality only to raise the price years later and then make better quality kicks... it just sucks the retros coming out this year are kinda whack...

guys here are dropping the real knowledge, i dont even have enough reps to rep all the comments
sick.gif

With all the OGs you see on youtube or even ebay i doubt JB cant get the OG mold... Like others have said its BS just to cheap out on quality only to raise the price years later and then make better quality kicks... it just sucks the retros coming out this year are kinda whack...
Na, I dont think it has to do with quality but rather cost.  The higher the cut of the shoe, the more material and cost.  Its a money thing.

With that said, I don't really mind the mold of the current IV.  I dunno just my opinion but its ok to me

^^^ it is a money thing, but when you cut back on material to save money it causes the quality of the shoe to go down the tubes.

JB could make retros exactly the same as OG's if they wanted too. They just choose not to.
Yeah it was laughable that Tinker said the factories that produced certain materials for the OGs aren't operating anymore. Sure that might be true, but you gotta be kidding yourself if they can't just get an order of say durabuck in order to produce a run for the Black Infrared VI. Not like you need an entire factory dedicated to creating a shoe material.

Last edited:
^^^ it is a money thing, but when you cut back on material to save money it causes the quality of the shoe to go down the tubes.
that's not completely true.  Yes, if you cut back on material it can cause the quality to dip but that doesn't seem to be the case based what @AirThompson  said.

Sounds like JB has given us better materials, but still cut back on the mold to save money.  In this case we are getting less material but an increase in quality.  The two do not have to go hand in hand every time.

because increase in better materials is still cheaper then give us the OG shape
That's my point and what I am saying, but that's not a quality issue.  Let's say it would cost JB 1.50 more per shoe to go back to the mold with the higher cut and say JB sells 10million units in a year, that's $15M in revenue gone.

Take a shoe that retails for $190, Jordan Brand sells that shoe to FTL, Eastbay etc. for $95. The markup from JB will be about 50% (its typically lower than this but Im being generous) so that means they are making about $47.50 per shoe.  That little bit of extra material would cut into their profit by about 3%.

Now if you are an executive at JB, and on average you are making $47.50 per shoe, and see that you're shoes are selling out in under 10 minutes with resellers making more money per shoe than you are, would you invest another 3% of your profits into it?  I sure as hell wouldn't.

So yes, its cost and profit but it does not mean quality suffers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom