Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I read somewhere MJ didnt even play in 1s at that time. The shoes that were actually banned were something else that black and red

Correct. The shoe he wore at the time is believed to be the Nike Air Ship. Nike's marketing at it's finest led everyone to belive that it was the 1's.

bruh... please tell me these are dropping this year. please tell me.

10919114_683445761774687_1397305367_n.jpg

Considering the last AF1 I purchased was straight up junk this interests me slightly.

Why not just use good materials to begin with? They've gutted their product so badly for the last 5-10 years that people are actually willing to pay more for HOW THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Nike/JB deserve a prize for getting away with this kinda crap, I doubt the devil could worsen a product yet improve both demand and sales for said product.

Nike/JB deserve a prize for getting away with this kinda crap, I doubt the devil could worsen a product yet improve both demand and sales for said product.

It must drive Adidas executives insane.
To have to fight tooth and nail for a fraction of the market-share, while Nike puts out crap, raises prices, and still has customers begging for more

To have to fight tooth and nail for a fraction of the market-share, while Nike puts out crap, raises prices, and still has customers begging for more
thats why the swoosh got a subliminal message and is shaped like a hook to get everyone hooked to the nike brand

nike knows that they are pushing out low quality crap, but to let us buy it and ignore that

they use their famous slogan JUST DO IT
laugh.gif

Last edited:
There are very few companies that market their stuff as good as Nike, the only other companies I can think off the top of my head are Apple and Coca-Cola.  All three of these companies are marketing geniuses.

There are very few companies that market their stuff as good as Nike, the only other companies I can think off the top of my head are Apple and Coca-Cola.  All three of these companies are marketing geniuses.
Apple is no longer the "cool" brand it once was. I don't know if it's because Samsung has caught up or Steve Jobs' death, but people aren't going crazy for Apple products as much for the past few years.

Pepsi > Coke.

yup

Plus, on top of that, even if JB really had lost the OG molds, which I find to be total BS, you don't need the old molds to see how jacked up the recent Retros have been.

Just make a new mold. One that doesn't have a freaking banana-toe, give it taller leather below the wing-tab, pad the tongue properly, don't pinch the waves into the midsole, angle the netting.
There, problem solved

View media item 1337963
If Hender Scheme can do it, so can JB.

JB could make retros exactly the same as OG's if they wanted too. They just choose not to.

yup

Plus, on top of that, even if JB really had lost the OG molds, which I find to be total BS, you don't need the old molds to see how jacked up the recent Retros have been.

Just make a new mold. One that doesn't have a freaking banana-toe, give it taller leather below the wing-tab, pad the tongue properly, don't pinch the waves into the midsole, angle the netting.
There, problem solved

I don't get why some dudes still defend JB on this

Gray market pairs can copy legit pairs nearly perfectly without a mold. But JB and Nike with all their resources can't recreate the OGs

Righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :lol:

At this point I'm off the "they just don't care" steez. I believe they are fully aware of the problem and for some reason choose not to fix the molds for whatever reason

I mean we got dudes celebrating having to pay JB to use decent leather on their products again.

Watch in 2016 we get a "Remastering phase 2", aka, give us another $20 and we'll finally fix the molds :smh:

Apple is no longer the "cool" brand it once was. I don't know if it's because Samsung has caught up or Steve Jobs' death, but people aren't going crazy for Apple products as much for the past few years.

Pepsi > Coke.
Apple still sells out, and still has a backorder of iPhone6 and 6+.  Every phone that drops sells more than the one before.

Apple (AAPL) market cap 622.38B vs Samsung Electronics market cap of about 200B

Apple Wins.

Coca-Cola market cap 184.58B vs PepsiCo market cap 140.28B

Coca-Cola wins

No argument in what I wrote, Coke and Apple are two of the worlds strongest BRANDS and that's because of marketing.

Watch in 2016 we get a "Remastering phase 2", aka, give us another $20 and we'll finally fix the molds :smh:

It might have been 'Air Thompson' or someone else, but he commented that the interior padding/sockliner on the remastered pairs is still quite thin and not up to par with the padding on some other footwear companies' products. That right there is added reason to justify a price increase in the near future.

Last edited:
if you can tell me what is wrong with my post that would be great.  Besides, is it hard to believe someone might have a finance background :smile:

:lol: wasn't coming at you fam, my apologies if it came off that way. You actually do seem like you know whag you're talking about.

Just talking about the last few pages. People talking about 3-D printers...... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom