Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

^^^ it is a money thing, but when you cut back on material to save money it causes the quality of the shoe to go down the tubes.

that's not completely true.  Yes, if you cut back on material it can cause the quality to dip but that doesn't seem to be the case based what @AirThompson
 said.

Sounds like JB has given us better materials, but still cut back on the mold to save money.  In this case we are getting less material but an increase in quality.  The two do not have to go hand in hand every time.

I said the quality was nice. But I do agree with SteveSteve72 SteveSteve72 on this one. The mold isnt a money thing imo however. I think they can easily recreate it, but just choose not to. But when they decide to it allows them to charge an arm and a leg. Just look at the Nike Air resurgence. The return of the old, brings a higher demand, followed by higher pricetag.

This brings me back to fakes. Back in the golden era of fakes, when we saw Sponge Bob, and Louis Vuitton prints. I remember the fake 4s had the same mold as the '99 retro. So theres no way I'm believing JB cant do it when fake factories were doing it pushing em out for $80.

I said the quality was nice. But I do agree with @stevesteve72 on this one. The mold isnt a money thing imo however. I think they can easily recreate it, but just choose not to. But when they decide to it allows them to charge an arm and a leg. Just look at the Nike Air resurgence. The return of the old, brings a higher demand, followed by higher pricetag.

This brings me back to fakes. Back in the golden era of fakes, when we saw Sponge Bob, and Louis Vuitton prints. I remember the fake 4s had the same mold as the '99 retro. So theres no way I'm believing JB cant do it when fake factories were doing it pushing em out for $80.
Right, and the higher price tag is based on the use of more materials.  Even with this $15 increase for the 4's, you gotta understand 7.50 of that is retail so Nike is making the other 7.50.  A couple bucks of that is the better material.  So Nike is pulling in an extra $5 a shoe - less when you account for office admin, salaries etc..

They're not pulling in as much as people want to think with the increase.  A change in the mold CAN be done, but it leads to the cost of changing all the molds, and the cost of added material.

comes down to cost not much else.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about the cost factor

But if you look back at the older price of jordans with the good quality it was reasonable a good 25 to 35% cheaper than the newer not so well put together models we have today.

For the price they were selling they still turned a profit over the years

I'm just speculating that they just want more profit

Not sure if the cost of materials have gone up [JB most likely has a very good deal set up where they're getting the materials in bulk for dirt cheap]

For the better materials factor how much better are we talking? And from what aspect ?

Maybe places like footlocker / finishline etc. are forcing Nike to raise their prices as well by wanting a bigger piece of the pie? They are all about profits too.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about the cost factor

But if you look back at the older price of jordans with the good quality it was reasonable a good 25 to 35% cheaper than the newer not so well put together models we have today.

For the price they were selling they still turned a profit over the years

I'm just speculating that they just want more profit

Not sure if the cost of materials have gone up [JB most likely has a very good deal set up where they're getting the materials in bulk for dirt cheap]

For the better materials factor how much better are we talking? And from what aspect ?
When we talk inflation, its not just the cost of the materials or factory labour that we have to think about.  You need to think how much it cost Nike to run an add on TV, newspaper, sponsorships (tell me who ever made a $300M deal like KD back in the day), salaries for their US employees, benefits, benefits etc etc.

If you want to compare the cost back then, then you need to take inflation into account.  And if we compared the cost of the OG's and properly adjusted for inflation in today's dollars, then the Jordan Brand is actually cheaper now than it was then.

When we talk inflation, its not just the cost of the materials or factory labour that we have to think about.  You need to think how much it cost Nike to run an add on TV, newspaper, sponsorships (tell me who ever made a $300M deal like KD back in the day), salaries for their US employees, benefits, benefits etc etc.

If you want to compare the cost back then, then you need to take inflation into account.  And if we compared the cost of the OG's and properly adjusted for inflation in today's dollars, then the Jordan Brand is actually cheaper now than it was then.
Oh yeah forgot about inflation

Inflation even hit McDonalds

McDoubles and small fries use to be a dollar a piece

Times is hard
mean.gif

Last edited:

so with the release of the remastered jordan 1 fragments, it is clear that the change is mainly in the price only. their quality is quite similar to royals and below LMs...the only notable change was the price increase from 130euros to 170..lol
not all releases/colorways use the same type of leather/materials so i wouldn't base all of the future "remastered" releases off of that. Also people are either extremely pleased with the frag quality or extremely let down 
hekiItJ.png

Last edited:
I'd have to let the White / Metallic V's slide off my purchase list next year if the White / Black IX's do indeed drop...

Also concerning that lost sneaker mold's stuff...Brought this up earlier in the thread but the fact that these older molds are apparently "lost" is completely null...They (Nike) have a whole storage area they call the "DNA Warehouse"...Shoes are vaulted in there dating back from when Nike was still Blue Ribbon Sports...I'm quite sure they have more than a few OG pairs just stored in there they can use to create new molds...They wont though because that would cost money...We all know how averse Nike is to doing something like spend a little more coin to correct some of these ongoing issues...

DNA Warehouse is shown in this by the way...

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to the columbias but as of now i feel like everyone in my city is going to be rocking them, I might just save up and get the cement 3s from last year instead.

I was really looking forward to the columbias but as of now i feel like everyone in my city is going to be rocking them, I might just save up and get the cement 3s from last year instead.
Buy what you like, don't worry what the next man has on his feet.

The "lost the mold" thing is ducktales imo...JB just lessen the materials and made the retros less bulky...The '10 Powder Blue 9's had the bulky 9 mold of past but when you get to the Citrus 9's that came out like 2 months after and beyond is where you get the less bulky more curvy mold of that retro. It boggles my mind of how arrogant JB is to do that yet charge more lol

Last edited:
The "lost the mold" thing is ducktales imo...JB just lessen the materials and made the retros less bulky...The '10 Powder Blue 9's had the bulky 9 mold of past but when you get to the Citrus 9's that came out like 2 months after and beyond is where you get the less bulky more curvy mold of that retro. It boggles my mind of how arrogant JB is to do that yet charge more lol
I remember that very sharply. I remember when I noticed that and was SOOO pissed. Especially due to the fact that they released the powder blue 9's first that year then the other 9s.

I also get mad every time I see them make the History of Flight All White, Pantone, Georgetown, and other 1-XX3 Niketown Collections with perfect retro molds every year. 

I remember that very sharply. I remember when I noticed that and was SOOO pissed. Especially due to the fact that they released the powder blue 9's first that year then the other 9s.

I also get mad every time I see them make the History of Flight All White, Pantone, Georgetown, and other 1-XX3 Niketown Collections with perfect retro molds every year. 

To my surprise, the Georgetown collection in the DC Niketown has the bootleg molds anyway. So JB stay losing even with their special collections

Exactly...trolls beyond trolling lol

I don't understand. chicago's color scheme was the same as those 1's. Why were they banned?
The reason they were "thrown out/banned" was because they did not have white in them, regulations back then were strict regarding shoes so they had to follow the color way of the teams.

I read somewhere MJ didnt even play in 1s at that time. The shoes that were actually banned were something else that black and red

Back
Top Bottom