Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Not really, most 6s last year were very plastic like leather. They were terrible leather quality, remastered pairs as least gives us a big step up in leather quality for mass produced shoes. Doesn't take a genius to notice this. To get similar leather last year the shoe had to maybe be limited like the spizike 6s but this year even GRs give us that type of leather so it's a step up for sure

I wouldn't be too bummed. Its pretty clear from these first few "remastered" releases that absolutely nothing has changed.

As long as you got the VI's you wanted last year you can rest assured it would've been the same poorazz quality as any remastered 2015's

Did u cop the 1s today?

No. Is there a good report on those?
Ive only handled in person the Columbia IV and FB Vii

Not really, most 6s last year were very plastic like leather. They were terrible leather quality, remastered pairs as least gives us a big step up in leather quality for mass produced shoes. Doesn't take a genius to notice this. To get similar leather last year the shoe had to maybe be limited like the spizike 6s but this year even GRs give us that type of leather so it's a step up for sure

All of the VI's released last year have smooth or nubuck leather.
The remastered pairs released so far haven't shown us anything about leather quality because they have all included the Tumbled leather that came with those colorways

Last years tumbled leather was plastic too, all of them didn't even crease naturally, they were literally pleather and hard plastic shoes. Laney 5s were like bricks

I envision 5s to be more like quai 5s quality if they get remastered. Laneys last year were no wear close to this

I'd love to see Flints and Breds remastered with that bright *** 3M

rick-ross-head-nod-o.gif

Infrared 23 6s last year had some tumbled like leather on it and that was plastic, didn't feel like leather at all. It was hard and had no leather texture to it

Looks are deceiving, until u actually feel the shoe and own it, u can clearly feelthe differences. I think everyone is just going by visual

Last edited:
Looks are deceiving, until u actually feel the shoe and own it, u can clearly feelthe differences. I think everyone is just going by visual

Maybe so

Personally, I don't think we'll really have a definitive answer to how incomplete the remastering is until the Hare VII's drop
Unless I'm mistaken about the release calendar, that will be the first OG colorway to get remaster, at which point we're gonna see how good the leather, construction, and shape really compares

To me the remastered shoes don't fix the shape and construction issue. The mold will forever not be the same but the materials have stepped up for sure, that's all I know. I've felt the 10s that are coming out too and the Oreos so that's 5 remastered pairs to base judgement on and no GR from last year is remotely close to the softness and feel to the remastered ones. I assume paint job and attention to details will still lack but I'm content with the upgrade in materials

Maybe so

Personally, I don't think we'll really have a definitive answer to how incomplete the remastering is until the Hare VII's drop
Unless I'm mistaken about the release calendar, that will be the first OG colorway to get remaster, at which point we're gonna see how good the leather, construction, and shape really compares

Speaking of VIIs. I had the opportunity the other day to hold a pair of Frenchs. I gotta say, the leather texture was a distressed, soft feel to them. This whole "remaster" thing has clouded many minds. Is the leather the only thing that matters? Seeing both the Columbia IVs and those French VIIs up close, most folks outside of NT wouldn't care. All they see is an improvement in the brand. (And a price hike too.)

Speaking of VIIs. I had the opportunity the other day to hold a pair of Frenchs. I gotta say, the leather texture was a distressed, soft feel to them. This whole "remaster" thing has clouded many minds. Is the leather the only thing that matters? Seeing both the Columbia IVs and those French VIIs up close, most folks outside of NT wouldn't care. All they see is an improvement in the brand. (And a price hike too.)

Right? Thats what I'm saying
Im glad JB has improved the leather, even if its the tiniest improvement.
But JB specifically said they were gonna improve the shape and quality as well, back to the OG way
JB even explicitly said they were gonna fix the Jumpan logos, not that that was even remotely important, and they still messed some of them up

So far the remaster has amounted to same ol' bad shape, same ol' bad quality, same ol' bad sewing…oh and some marginally better leather on shoes that were supposed to have tumbled leather anyway

Raw materials and leather is what actually cost money to produce. A jump man logo or paint, glue or whatever is cheap. So yes, materials is the most important especially if there is a price hike. We are getting a much better quality product then previous years, that's a fact. I don't think mass produced shoes can ever fix detail oriented problems. I didn't really see any glue or stitch issues on remastered pairs and if there are, it's the odd pairs. Where as this was a regular occurrence on previous year retros

To be honest, at this point I'm not even going to stress over them giving us the best materials. I just want to give us the best shapes on the shoes at least!!

Give us the classic High cut 6s!

Take away the Boot shape in the 5s!!!!

Give us back the well put together and attention to detail that were on the 7's in 2002!!

And please don't make anymore 7's with this ridiculous shape like from 2011 and after

Give us this like from 2002

Thats all I ask.

I also have a theory that JB makes shoes based off of what people say in forums like this. When they first announced that infrared 6's back in Summer/Fall 2013, the thing people wanted most was a brighter infrared, 3M of all things(I know it was on the OGs) and the NA. So JB gave us 3M, Infrarapink and no Nike air. 

What I wanted was the embossed durabuck that was on the heel of the OGs and 2000s with NA. As a result of the changes, and no matter how much people debate which shade on infrared is closest to the OG, the only 6 Infrared to look close to the OG holistically was the 2000 release because of the heel and Nike Air. 

This remaster should mean no longer making these mistakes, and this goes for the 5s, 6s, and 7s in which JB has released with All Black looks and All Nubuck uppers. 

Co-sign 'Zephyr' & 'Rhinosport', though the leather has improved , and comfort has slightly changed for the better..

The fact still remains that we was promised more, and if the more isnt applied ,then the full price hike shouldn't be neither.

Last edited:
Meh...friend bought the French blue. I took one look at the shoe and its no different in material quality then my 2011 cardinals. The only they remastered was the price and gave you a gold logo box and people are foolish enough to think more tumbled leather = higher quality. They are still using the same crappy thin leather wince 2005.

I think everyone here may be on to something. Eevery single Q1 release featured tumbled leather to "convince us" that this whole "remastered" thing was the real deal. I think it was a strategic move by JB to be honest. They started with releases that would help people get on board. Just think about all the other releases slated to come out this year, Chicago 1s, Hare 7s, Bordeaux 7s, and Aqua 8s. These are shoes which will only need subtle changes from their previous retros( lightening of the Aquas heel, Red on the Hares tongue, Green on the Bordeaux and darkening of midsole, NA on 1's) even the though the 7's mold is still the same as 2011-after. These are the only shoes that are being remastered based on what we know now.

I'm really wondering why they aren't remastering shoes that take more detail like the OG Infrared 6s, or any retros that originally had a Nike Air.

I just think this is JB's latest scam to be honest just like in 2011 when they gave us the OG boxes but no Nike Air and shiny leather. Or the fact that the 1s are the only Jordan that has GR releases with the Nike Air on the tongue. Why start the remaster during the year of 6s and not 7s?

And what about those 7's cleats that released in December that where the first 7s to feature that mold since 2009?

Last edited:
From my standpoint like others on here its just a gimmick. I dont think Jordan or the high level execs care about really upgrading quality, but there profits. They got bad press over a shoe that came out ten years, duh something was bound to malfunction. So they call this big press conference at a secret location to announce better quality is coming. Its all a big money making joke.

Back
Top Bottom