Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I think it would be great if they lowered the price to $140 and made around 4 million pairs per retro release. That would be awesome.

I think it would be great if they lowered the price to $140 and made around 4 million pairs per retro release. That would be awesome.
... like they can make 4 million pairs lol

They're gonna need more factories to produce that kind of amount.

... like they can make 4 million pairs lol

They're gonna need more factories to produce that kind of amount.

Nike has a top notch supply chain. If for whatever reason they needed 4 million extra pairs per release, they could probably do it within a relatively short amount of time.

But 4 million per release is a bit OD for them anyway considering LB 11s had 700k pairs I think

nike/jordan has to figure out how to keep the "hype" going or these shoes are going to sit.. seems like the price raise and production raise is not helping induce instant sellouts like previous years..could the bubble be bursting or nike running away consumers with the price raise...i guess we will find out 

As much as all of us sneakerheads and NTers love to think we are nikes #1 customer, unfortunately we are not. Nike could give a flying #*%$ about hype, its not like they make extra money when an item sells out the first day, the only people who make extra money off of hype are resellers. Nike will make money selling sneakers regardless of how long it takes to sell,thats why they continuously pump out new lebrons and kds, none of those sell out the same day yet they are selling everyday, there are a ton of other sneakers that are exactly like this too (just take a look in your local ftl) Also at the end of the day nike makes MORE MONEY selling products in their outlets and just so you know nikes #1 selling sneaker is not a jordan, af1 or air max its a NIKE MONARCH (if you dont know this model, look it up and you will recognize it as the sneaker every person above the age of 75 wears) So nike should keep doing what they do.

If your solely worried about hype dying down, relax and take a breath, next month the hype is going to come back and by march everythings going to be the same as last year and everyone is going to complain how they didnt get their pear because of HYPE. Youll be able to wear your sneakers and people that see them will be HYPED to seeyou wearing them.

END OF THE DAY BRO, WEAR WHAT YOU LIKE. BELIEVE ME

hahahaha smh, sneaker game is changing. Jordan retros should not ever be hyped. I hope all the hype dies so i can buy my pears in peace without all the hassle and lines. All this HYPE does is make it so every child, mom,dad, grandma,grandpa, and cheap car salesman start buying & wearing jordans, i hope the hype dies

My Comparison Pics of 2002s and 2015s French Blue VII's. Bare in Mind, that the 2002 French Blue Tongue is made of Pleather, so the neoprene on the 15s didn't bother me.

2015- Left Foot shoe, from Finishline, glossy midsole paint.
2002- Right Foot Shoe, matte finish on midsole paint

View media item 1370187View media item 1370188View media item 1370189View media item 1370190View media item 1370191View media item 1370192View media item 1370193View media item 1370194View media item 1370195View media item 1370196View media item 1370197View media item 1370198

Last edited:
My Comparison Pics of 2002s and 2015s French Blue VII's. Bare in Mind, that the 2002 French Blue Tongue is made of Pleather, so the neoprene on the 15s didn't bother me.

2015- Left Foot shoe, from Finishline, glossy midsole paint.
2002- Right Foot Shoe, matte finish on midsole paint

View media item 1370187View media item 1370188View media item 1370189View media item 1370190View media item 1370191View media item 1370192View media item 1370193View media item 1370194View media item 1370195View media item 1370196View media item 1370197View media item 1370198

The colors not that off from the 2002, they do worse with foamposites the way they gloss those up. I like the leather on the 2015s, how its more tumbled, i just dont like how they took the leather off the tongue

And how they ****** up the PAINT JOB is uncivilized as @mrfoamersimpson would say. Its not that noticeable on my pair so im not going to be too picky

The colors not that off from the 2002, they do worse with foamposites the way they gloss those up. I like the leather on the 2015s, how its more tumbled, i just dont like how they took the leather off the tongue

And how they ****** up the PAINT JOB is uncivilized as @mrfoamersimpson would say. Its not that noticeable on my pair so im not going to be too picky

Good thing is that the neoprene replaced a Pleather tongue from the 2002s. So we are not missing much.

Last edited:
Good thing is that the neoprene replace a Pleather tongue from the 2002s. So we were missing much.

Oh word, thats good to know, somehow i missed you saying that in your last post my bad.
I actually didnt mind the neoprene either, i just didnt understand why they would change it during this whole "remastered" bs

I'm enjoying how they are producing a larger quantity of releases now. The hype is dying down and the people who truly enjoy the certain sneaker don't have to fight as hard to get a pair.

I'm enjoying how they are producing a larger quantity of releases now. The hype is dying down and the people who truly enjoy the certain sneaker don't have to fight as hard to get a pair.
Except everyone gets stuck with the higher pricetag... At this rate, in 5 years retros are going to be well above $200.

Just wait until May and July when they start coming out the wood work for the Hares, Chicagos, and Bordeauxs

There is an interesting article out there on Jordan prices compared to current inflation prices.

It is called "Proof that jordan prices are fairer than you think."

Last edited:
There is an interesting article out there on Jordan prices compared to current inflation prices.

Unfortunately that article doesn't consider the fact that at that time Nike used premium materials, spent a lot of money on research and development and tons on marketing to justify the original price. All that goes out the door for a retro. For example, somehow the Jordan III retailed for 100 in 2003 (same price it retailed for 15 years earlier) but only 8 years later they jumped 60 dollars to 160? It's all about supply and demand and increasing profits. They charge these prices for Retros because they can not because they need to and honestly more power to them.

Last edited:

Unfortunately that article doesn't consider the fact that at that time Nike used premium materials, spent a lot of money on research and development and tons on marketing to justify the original price. All that goes out the door for a retro. For example, somehow the Jordan III retailed for 100 in 2003 (same price it retailed for 15 years earlier) but only 8 years later they jumped 60 dollars to 160? It's all about supply and demand and increasing profits. They charge these prices for Retros because they can not because they need to and honestly more power to them.

The inflation excuse is and has always been BS.

JB/Nike raise the prices because they know people will still buy them.

that article sux, its totally useless imo, the person that wrote it is a first class JB D-rider, that got his tiny brain remastered by JB 
mean.gif

sick.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom