Jordan CP3 VII

I still don't see why you would pay more or the same for an all fuse shoe...the tech looks exactly the same

Nightwing2303 posted some pics of the AE VIIs in white/blue/infrared colorway.

View media item 892264
View media item 892265
View media item 892266
More pics here http://kicksoncourt.com/jordan-cp3-vii-ae-white-blue-infrared-detailed-look/

I'm really feeling this colorway. That iridescent heel similar to what they did to the JB x SB is dope and the color fade on the upper is nice.

I'm also on the hunt for a second pair of white Bel Airs in an 11. I noticed that I hella scuffed the front part of the midsole on the right shoe when it rubbed against a shopping cart :\ If anyone has an oop on those be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't know about that exposed fly wire, as many others have expressed here.

The VII is honestly my go-to shoe right now.  I have an issue when playing in them too long - the ball of my foot starts to chafe right where that hex bag is.  I don't want to play in them too many days in a row for too long because of that.  Very few shoes have that all day comfort for me, and I'm coming from Kobe V's, which do have that level of comfort, but the traction on the CP3 VII's is better.

A great shoe to play in other than that discomfort.  If they did something to improve that on the AE, I'd definitely consider them, but that exposed flywire makes me hesitant.  A big guy wearing the right shoe landing on your foot in the right way seems like it would slice that up.

As it is now, I want to get another pair down the road when they hit outlets or serious discounts.  They're already pretty cheap on the bay.

wore my bel air (black/white) pair for the first time today playing indoor ball. the met zoom bag is really noticeable and does not feel natural... the air bag actually protrudes upward. It was not bad or painful, it just felt different from any other shoe i've played in. the fit was very good, but it does not beat the cp3.vi ae. the traction, although not as aggressive as his sixth shoe, was very good on a somewhat dusty and dirty court. compared the cp3.vi ae and the kobe 8, these come in last for me... maybe i need to break them in so the zoom bag will flatten a little. my advice for ballers is ti skip the 7s, and find and a cheap pair of the 6 ae's.

They def break in a bit more, it would probably have helped if the met bag didn't protrude as much I agree.

Is the 6ae podulon just as soft?

Last edited:
the vi ae forefoot cushioning is not as firm as the vii. i like vi ae overall because it feels smoother and consistent. the vii met bag is going to give me blisters unless i wear thick or double socks. maybe i do need to break them in a lot more because i keep hearing how good the vii is. i onlu play once a week so i hate break in time, but i will ball in them again.

Position: Guard. Played in them for the first time indoor hoop and the balls of my feet are sore or bruised because of the met zoom bag. Traction I had no problems whatsoever. No complaints so far for these 7s other than bruised/sore balls of my feet. Hopefully by the time they break in I won't have this problem. Other than that I really like these

Position: Guard. Played in them for the first time indoor hoop and the balls of my feet are sore or bruised because of the met zoom bag. Traction I had no problems whatsoever. No complaints so far for these 7s other than bruised/sore balls of my feet. Hopefully by the time they break in I won't have this problem. Other than that I really like these

That problem probably ain't gonna go away. I experienced the same exact thing and still do. I love the shoes, but not for too many consecutive wears. This is a shoe, to me, that has to be part of a rotation. I don't know how Chris Paul does it.

I actually prefer the feel underfoot of the VII's more than the VI.  I never played in the VI AE because I didn't like the VI platform and they kept the same outsole/midsole design.  That heel strike/transition wasn't working for me.  I dig the VII's a lot, but man they start to get to me with that hex bag after a few games.

That problem probably ain't gonna go away. I experienced the same exact thing and still do. I love the shoes, but not for too many consecutive wears. This is a shoe, to me, that has to be part of a rotation. I don't know how Chris Paul does it.

How many games have you played in them?

I want to say roughly 25+?  Maybe 5-6 separate days and like 3-6 games each day.

I wear extra thick socks with them and that helps to fill out the shoe and minimize movement, but when the games start to add up, I feel it.  It's not a big deal for me and I rotate like 2-3 pairs of shoes for ball.  There are very few shoes that will keep your feet feeling fine after constant wear and 2-3 hour sessions. 

Let me say, I haven't liked what i've seen of the AE's so far. Like many I wasn't a fan of the exposed flywire and thought it just unnecessarily ruined a clean shoe. But this colorway has restored my faith. I've been leaving the CP's alone for a minute now, waiting for them to drop in price and such (Should probably make my ID pretty soon though) but this has gotten my attention. :nthat: I don't even tend to like red/white/blue sneakers, but these just look crazy man.

UPDATE: Day 2, balls of both my feet are starting to form blisters. FML I really had high hopes for these. It's strength is it's damn weakness as well. I really wanted these to be good with no problems but ill see they'll break in

These look Nerf-esque. I hope these release
smokin.gif
eek.gif
A little Bel-Air-ish as well.

yeah that was my first thought, but the blue/purple upper reminded me more of the Nerfs. Either way I hope they come out. Will swoop with the quickness.

yeah that was my first thought, but the blue/purple upper reminded me more of the Nerfs. Either way I hope they come out. Will swoop with the quickness.

Just found out they're releasing tomorrow. It's this years "Jekyll & Hyde" cw [/B]

Back
Top Bottom