Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Pleighboi thats the kinda angle id do if I wanted to take a fake mirror pic of myself and wanted to take a creep pic of some yams next to me.

mark-cuban-shark-tank note taking.gif

:wow: :sick: Had no idea about the kid size 3s back in ‘88

The thing that's most irksome, regardless of old Nike history, is: What is the upshot of doing this to those II lows? What I mean is, while I accept there are clearly LOADS of people who don't know or care much and who buy all kinds of Jordans we consider trash, is there ANYONE who wouldn't have bought this pair as a regular II low who is now suddenly GOING to buy them because they have a different mid/outsole? That's where they lose me with this ish.
Is the plan to release this pair, get however many sales it gets, and then, what, like two or three years from now release the exact same II lows but with real II soles, and get more sales because they are different again? I see how this strategy seems to work when it comes to releasing loads of colorways of an OG before finally releasing the actual OG colorway, but doing it with a random pair of II lows no one was asking for in the first place seems like more trouble than it's worth LOL. But what do I know.

"Kid knows the value of his asset, and the demand for it. "
Kid knows the value of his asset, and the demand for it. I can’t even be mad at it

Also if I was him, once you started condescending to me about “What you need the extra $10 for, some bud?” … Straight to blocked. No explanation necessary :lol:
value of his asset Lmaoooo 🤣 this is what's wrong with shoes these days can't cop ish cause someone wants to make $10

What I mean is, while I accept there are clearly LOADS of people who don't know or care much and who buy all kinds of Jordans we consider trash
I’ll never for the life of me understand why people do this to themselves, especially when there are good sneaker options are even cheaper pricepoints than all of that trash.. I guess some people just lack any semblance of taste.

Ngl tho the $10 comment was petty I’m surprised he ain’t clap back

If I was the seller, I would've replied, "Why do you need to save a whole $10 so bad, do YOU need the money for weed?" LOL

I’ll never for the life of me understand why people do this to themselves, especially when there are good sneaker options are even cheaper pricepoints than all of that trash.. I guess some people just lack any semblance of taste.

I assume it's because there are 330+ million people in this country, and the vast majority of them---especially the younger they are---just see Jordan as a desirable sneaker brand as much as anything, and the Jumpman is what's important, not the specific model or history of the model etc etc.

Gentry is that kid in elementary school who put potato chips in his sandwich or fries in his burger and thought he was some culinary genius.
You know what Gentry is probably doing right now?

Banging three 10s at the same time in the middle of whatever Caribbean island he bought with his Nike earnings.

...Gentry is WINNING.

All jokes aside, if I was Gentry, I'd be rolling my eyes at a lot of the hate and thinking what he almost certainly thinks to himself: Yeah, well, we boosted revenue into the billions, and that's what I was there to do---these sneaker nerds don't know a damn thing about the sneaker business.

And he's correct. The only big problem I've ever had with him is when he (or whomever at the brand makes the ultimate decisions) has ruined the classic OGs along the way. I'm not quite sure why producing loads of team shoes, hybrids, fusions, whatever, ever had to mean keeping Nike Air off of classic shoes for years, changing design elements no one wanted changed, letting quality fall off the map completely---the list goes on. These things never had to be mutually exclusive. To this day he seems to think he was right about the Nike Air thing, which is probably even more laughable now than it ever was. You can be overall good at business and still be a tool in a lot of ways. Yet another of example of not having to be mutually exclusive :lol:

Back
Top Bottom