Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

My customs aren't going strong at all. Cracking has occurred after about 3 or 4 wears. I'm gutted and am now giving up painting the toe box area. Gonna customise my pair of CMs and turn them into Black & Golds by simply painting the swoosh and wings logos which hopefully should not crack since they're not parts of the shoe that bend is stress in a major way.

My customs aren't going strong at all. Cracking has occurred after about 3 or 4 wears. I'm gutted and am now giving up painting the toe box area. Gonna customise my pair of CMs and turn them into Black & Golds by simply painting the swoosh and wings logos which hopefully should not crack since they're not parts of the shoe that bend is stress in a major way.

View media item 2135758

View media item 2135759

I have this issue by toes. Not blaming anyone but just wish any vids i watched stressed importance of prepping that part. There's a lot of glue there that u don't realize until this happens. I imagine itll be a mess to strip that and repaint

Jabba I had a bit of cracking along toebox areas with my 'dirty sprite' (DMP inspired custom) ... but with the tiffany 1s I'm considering doing I'm thinking perhaps conditioning the leather (with Kiwi's saddle soap) once done might keep the toebox from cracking.  

I would like to purchase a pair of these for an upcoming custom project.

It appears there are sizes on footlocker, champs, eastbay and footaction, however when I try to add my size to my cart it says they are out of stock. Is eBay my best bet to find an inexpensive DS pair or do you guys have other recommendations? What's the going rate for this pair of 1's?

I would like to purchase a pair of these for an upcoming custom project.

It appears there are sizes on footlocker, champs, eastbay and footaction, however when I try to add my size to my cart it says they are out of stock. Is eBay my best bet to find an inexpensive DS pair or do you guys have other recommendations? What's the going rate for this pair of 1's?
At this point in time if your local Jimmy Jazz doesn't have them for $109 still, you'll only find a cheap DS pair on ebay.

A few parts of my bred custom is starting to show paint chipping in areas that seem like I should've prepped more. Being that they were my first custom ever, I'm not mad. At least I doubled up on lasers from JJ's sale back then.

At this point in time if your local Jimmy Jazz doesn't have them for $109 still, you'll only find a cheap DS pair on ebay.
Thanks. Unfortunately, no Jimmy Jazz stores in my area and they don't have my size online. If anyone sees a 10.5 in their local shop, feel free to message me.

Anyone with experience painting a black jordan 1 tongue? I'm interested in coloring mine navy. Not sure if I should do a white layer first, like I do with leather...
Was thinking that navy might not be as dark on a tongue over white paint, since its typically mixed with GAC

Has anyone in here commissioned any of the youtube customizers for a pair of Laser Frags or Breds/Royals off the Cyber Monday? If so, any recommendations or people to avoid?

Has anyone in here commissioned any of the youtube customizers for a pair of Laser Frags or Breds/Royals off the Cyber Monday? If so, any recommendations or people to avoid?
I've done three NTers pairs and a couple of friends' if you need someone to do it
wink.gif
I can screenshot you messages and pics of the pairs I did for them. I think ****B charges a lot now. IDK if pierce cls does paint customs but it wouldn't hurt to ask. His channel is mainly reconstructing the whole shoe with new leather.

Anyone with experience painting a black jordan 1 tongue? I'm interested in coloring mine navy. Not sure if I should do a white layer first, like I do with leather...
Was thinking that navy might not be as dark on a tongue over white paint, since its typically mixed with GAC
If it's a plush tongue then you'll probably only be able to paint the front of the tongue. You'd have to use white first.

I've done three NTers pairs and a couple of friends' if you need someone to do it
wink.gif
I can screenshot you messages and pics of the pairs I did for them. I think ****B charges a lot now. IDK if pierce cls does paint customs but it wouldn't hurt to ask. His channel is mainly reconstructing the whole shoe with new leather.
Thanks for the info. Yes, please send me some of your custom pictures.

what grey should i use for shadows? i think its either light grey or grey taupe, anybody who has done them care to share? thanks!

Last edited:
Repped. Great job.

Thanks. They look a bit shiny in this pic but they are really not. I did want to dull it down a little more but ill take em how they are. These were done last year. I'll post updated pics on the condition. Don't believe i have any cracking tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom