Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Dope bro where did you get your laces?
Cheers!  I painted my laces but they were terrible. They came out super stiff. When I was lacing the shoes, it ripped the paint off! 
mad.gif

I got them from http://www.solefed.com - @exo1127  sells them. They're awesome - they came with shadow, bred or royal tips.

Awesome work! What did you use to dye your sole? I'm scared of this since people have reported their soles turning pink, yours looks AAA though!
Thanks!

i used the red leather dye/sole bright mixture.  i learned from my first pair not to overdo it and be extra careful.  light coats so it doesn't drip or run getting on midsoles.  i did not tape the midsoles this time around and came out much better

Finally got around to buying a pair of these.

Anyways i really really wanted to do SBB but trying to make sail and that dull orange just seems like even more than i wanna try cuz ima be pissed if it doesnt match.

With that said its more than likely gonna be frags .. maybe royals havent made a decision yet

Nike work everyone .. hopefullt with all the posts tips n finished products i can have a pretty smooth experience. Forst time ever customizing. May buy a 2nd pair next week to make another custom. Currently eyeing some Clovers on eBay to turn into black/golds. I goofed and let a damn near DS pair slip away for 60ish :smh:

Last edited:
@quise2024  How you gonna be the thread maker but took this long to get these? 
mean.gif

All jokes fam 
laugh.gif
 looking forward to see your result and of course if need anything I'll try to help you out.

Didnt like that retail price and forst timei saw a discount it was only like $10 or so so i just ditched the thought of these all together.

Been reading the last 10 pages or so the past cpl of days and saw i missed deals for these at $100ish ... everyones customs look great though. Hopefully i dont have the leaking sole dye issue

Best thing you can do is to make your sole coats super thin & spread out. Since the dye will be kinda goopy, you won't have to worry about it splashing around everywhere lol

Thanks.

I wanna do SBBs man :smh:

May buy another pair next week tho .. i also wanna do the frags but also in diff colors with navy n red

FootLocker bag of doom just arrived.

Surpringsly box is in good shape. Shoes arent even bad though i kinda like the laser look on the 1s. Why is the clear sole on my 4s so sticky/tacky and these 1s are noraml

Still havent decided on what im doing for paint.

Anyways i really really wanted to do SBB but trying to make sail and that dull orange just seems like even more than i wanna try cuz ima be pissed if it doesnt match.

With that said its more than likely gonna be frags .. maybe royals havent made a decision yet

Nike work everyone .. hopefullt with all the posts tips n finished products i can have a pretty smooth experience. Forst time ever customizing. May buy a 2nd pair next week to make another custom. Currently eyeing some Clovers on eBay to turn into black/golds. I goofed and let a damn near DS pair slip away for 60ish
mean.gif
Thanks.

I wanna do SBBs man
mean.gif

May buy another pair next week tho .. i also wanna do the frags but also in diff colors with navy n red
You can do the SBB. The orange is basically Blaze orange by angelus.  Just mess around with some white and a few other colors until you get a slightly off white for the sail color.

nthat.gif
. Looking forward to the on-feet pics.

Took these shots Thursday but never got around to posting them. The pictures don't look that good up here so press/ click them to get a better look please, I promise they aren't blurry  
embarassed.gif

Last edited:

nthat.gif
. Looking forward to the on-feet pics.

Took these shots Thursday but never got around to posting them. The pictures don't look that good up here so press/ click them to get a better look please, I promise they aren't blurry  
embarassed.gif
Nice job. They look a little shiny though. Did you hit it with a matte finisher?

Nice job. They look a little shiny though. Did you hit it with a matte finisher?
Yup but I can never get it to work.. the day I finished the shoe I used Angelus matte finish, left it on for a few minutes and cleaned it off as instructed. Sprayed some of the Krylon matte on the shoes and let them sit for a few minutes. No results, still shiny.

Second time I tried was when I was finishing up another custom and I applied & let the finish stay on for an hour, then I cleaned it off. The shoes got a little less shinier but nothing really spectacular.

Anyone know if the regular blue or the royal blue from the collectors edition work better on 85 royals?

Nike work everyone .. hopefullt with all the posts tips n finished products i can have a pretty smooth experience. Forst time ever customizing. May buy a 2nd pair next week to make another custom. Currently eyeing some Clovers on eBay to turn into black/golds. I goofed and let a damn near DS pair slip away for 60ish
mean.gif
FYI -- i used bone for the sail and blaze with a bit of bone for the orange for the GS size I made of laser frags for my nephews back to school pair. I didn't do the soles as he was 8 and would be using them for gym class .... I think I posted a pic during when I first started them earlier in the thread. 

Back
Top Bottom