Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

prelude2elude prelude2elude I've seen pairs in here with 2 different shade of blue and WAY different tumbled leather for each shoe... I really dont know whatvto say about your pair lol... but dang man 2 different shoe trees and the NA sole is messed up too... Nike QC is hella lacking!

The insole thing is really messing with my ocd. The leather feels smooth and plastic like. Not tumbled and soft. My bad on the shoe trees, the left is what came in the shoe, the right one are the ones I put in from an old pair. Those are the same that are on my banned and ASGs. Gonna contact Nike tomorrow. Shoes looking hella suspect.

Last edited:
Got mine in yesterday, could not be happier. I saw all these pics of mismatched leathers and swooshes and people complaining about little stuff but mine came out perfect. Just the right amount of tumble for my taste.

The more and more I look at my SNKRS pair, the more lazy this release was. I was excited for these because I was expecting banned 1s (2016) but I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like Nike sold me fakes haha. Anyone else have these problems?

Baggy Nike Air tag overlaps from the back so the back lettering faces the front.
Nike Air insole faces both directions (SNKRs photos show NA insole facing different directions / my banned 1s are different direction too).
Short wide shoe tree (9-9.5 instead of the right 8.5-10 insole like my other 1s).
Laces just thrown in the bag.

View media item 2394843
View media item 2394844
View media item 2394845
View media item 2394846

The shoe trees though? That's how everybody's is man. They're using new shoe trees.

My pairs came in from Nike and SNS. The Nike pair had traditional lace packing. The SNS pair had the spiral lace packing. The ones from Nike were pretty much perfect. Not over tumbled but just the right amount. The ones from SNS were super tumbled except on the swooshes.

The shoe trees though? That's how everybody's is man. They're using new shoe trees.

Laces and shoes trees are whatever but the insole is another thing. Shoe trees seem odd to me since the whole shoe feels off to me.

Last edited:
maximumpity maximumpity [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji] smfh

rooster rooster man that's crazy... can't believe you guys still have snow... is that normal? I know that Vegas at this time is should be around 90-100s already... but I'm not complaining

prelude2elude prelude2elude I got you on the shoe trees lol... I agree with you on contacting Nike. Let em have it bro!

The more and more I look at my SNKRS pair, the more lazy this release was. I was excited for these because I was expecting banned 1s (2016) but I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like Nike sold me fakes haha. Anyone else have these problems?
Baggy Nike Air tag overlaps from the back so the back lettering faces the front.
Nike Air insole faces both directions (SNKRs photos show NA insole facing different directions / my banned 1s are different direction too).
Short wide shoe tree (9-9.5 instead of the right 8.5-10 insole like my other 1s).

View media item 2394883

Yeah that seems to be a pretty common issue with these. I'm really not a big stickler on QC things, but it's just funny looking back at a lot of dumb sneaker YouTube channels reviewing the shoe before it released. Multiple people saying these are SBB quality, probably just to get gullible viewers to buy them from whatever pre-seller gave them free royals 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Honestly, some of the "issues" I'm reading in here are non-issues. A lot of these things won't even be noticeable when wearing them nor do they affect the functionality of the shoe. What are people expecting for a mass produced shoe less than $200? If you were getting paid the wages of the workers making your shoes, you probably wouldn't give too much of a care either if things were a centimeter off or a small paint mistake or thread hanging off, etc.
Gonna contact Nike tomorrow. Shoes looking hella suspect.
You got the shoes from SNKRS, what are you expecting to happen?

is there anyone out there that hasnt copped a pair? seems like everyone got atleast one pair and if you didnt you musta been locked up lol

Apart from the smelly glue / leather (don't know exactly what causes that bad smell) mine is looking pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom