Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Nike had the event and announcement a little over 6 weeks before the banned 1s and XXX1s dropped.
So if nikes doing the same with the royals then we should hear something any day now if they're actually releasing 4/1.
But since there's no reason to have a whole campaign for these, I'm expecting them to release like every other Retro 1 High OG (besides banneds).
Like mentioned before, expect black toe numbers but with 10x the demand.
No champs sports

Banneds were a special shoe because of the whole release of the banned 31

These will prob be same numbers as all other ones, black toes and etc as you mentioned.

Banneds were a special release which apparently was more than the OG1. Not sure on number it still wasn't high but I'll guess it was probably double the amount of previous releases.

Banneds were a special shoe because of the whole release of the banned 31

These will prob be same numbers as all other ones, black toes and etc as you mentioned.

Banneds were a special release which apparently was more than the OG1. Not sure on number it still wasn't high but I'll guess it was probably double the amount of previous releases.
From what I heard from a few "insiders" is that it was twice the amount of regular OG1 numbers, but still not close to holiday 11 numbers.
In my notepad I still have the list of just footstores I went to to get tickets. Still puts me in shock how I couldn't get 1 pair.
Everyone wanted banneds and the resellers were beasting with them tickets

You all are guessing. Regardless of how people feel about pinoe, he has been correct with plethora of info this year. He said numbers will be the same as the banned 1s.

Well it's been fun copping J's I want at retail the past couple of years -  but with these, it seems the re-sellers will mobilize in full force and force me to buy from consignment shop.  

You all are guessing. Regardless of how people feel about pinoe, he has been correct with plethora of info this year. He said numbers will be the same as the banned 1s.

We are guessing. It's either normal OG numbers or banned numbers (which still isn't a lot)

Def not GR

And that info ain't from pinoe himself but he's not always right.

Either WAY no one said anything for fact, all guessing minus the dude who keeps posting that they're a massive GR

Anybody got a preorder site for the royals? Might as well cop for $300 if the banned numbers are true. Even if they aren't I'll cop a second pair for 1 to stock and 1 to rock.

SobeSoles has them. It'll cost a little over 300 though. You can save ten bucks by using the NikeTalk code.

If you really feel like spending money, you can try Fineline 1721. They'll run you 400.

Kixsquare legit? Remember hearing mixed things but that was awhile back. I'd rather go kixsquare $340 after shipping from sobesoles getting a Lil past my comfort zone. What's the niketalk code for sobesoles?

I was gonna pay $300 for banneds a week after they released but found a trade so that $300 range seems very doable for royals. Not that I believe dude saying these are a massive gr but if they are.. 300 really isn't over paying considering after tax I damn near spent $250 for jams and wc4s

Yea watch them release royal 2017 1 like qs overseas and then put them on the draw for north America :lol:

I would feel better about it being a draw on SNKRS than being a normal drop. at least I have a form of a chance via the draw, normal drop will be sold out in seconds and/or pending all day.

Last edited:
I would feel better about it being a draw on SNKRS than being a normal drop. at least I have a form of a chance via the draw, normal drop will be sold out in seconds and/or pending all day.

Agree x 10

Last edited:
Kixsquare legit? Remember hearing mixed things but that was awhile back. I'd rather go kixsquare $340 after shipping from sobesoles getting a Lil past my comfort zone. What's the niketalk code for sobesoles?
I've pre ordered plenty from kixsquare. All legit. Never had issues and a few times I've gotten my pair a few days before release...

I still have a pair of Black/Royal AJ 1 retros from 2001. Anyone know if this upcoming release differs substantially from that shoe? 

Last edited:
Yea watch them release royal 2017 1 like qs overseas and then put them on the draw for north America
laugh.gif
This kills the man.  I would cry.

I still have a pair of Black/Royal AJ 1 retros from 2001. Anyone know if this upcoming release differs substantially from that shoe? 
Yes they will in pretty much every way. They 2017 will be cut higher at the ankle and wider in the toebox which makes a more comfortable fit. A lot of people including myself can go a half size down from the older 01'-03' AJ 1 cut because of the extra room you'll have. Also the 2017 will have tumbled leather instead of smooth which may be a deal breaker for some but I suspect not many. I believe this release will come 3 sets of laces and the OG AJ 1 box vs 1 lace set and the Jordan "face" box. Also these will come a white tounge liner and lacestay liner which the OG had and not feaured on the 01' or 13'. I can't really tell if the shade of blue is any different but again won't be a deal breaker for most.

Last edited:

The height, mold, materials (no nubuck swoosh, all the blue will be tumbled instead of smooth it seems, the black leather will probably be less plush but thicker than it was on the '01s, and probably one or two other things I'm forgetting), the comfort should (because I'm not sure how the GS Remastered pairs feel) be better, and the shade of blue will very likely not be the same.

Last edited:
I have been stockpiling heat just in case I can't hit I have a pair of banned 1 jams allstar 1s wc4s bred 12s as trade bait and ample cash for these

Last edited:
300 for a preorder price isn't that bad. Even if these are jam numbers they're gonna sell out. 

These will sell out FAST and the resell will be ridiculous it seems :smh:

I see breds moving at about $280-300 locally for DS pairs.

Where? I've been trying to get a pair for months now, but I refuse to pay over $300 for a pair.

I'm way more successful during a normal drop, i've only won one draw on SNKRS. Black OVO Xs.

I'd be okay with a draw to be honest. Can't deal with these bots and seeing releases sell out in seconds :smh:

Back
Top Bottom