Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Its not a huge deal, its a bigger deal their terrible customer service. Back in the day I worked at a nike outlet. If I treated a customer like that, I would be fired. You are suppose to go above and beyond to make it right. They give 0 F's.

Wow. That's crazy. Production dates the same?

Yea, same production dates. |I

This caused me to re-check mine again. Height all good. The only differences are that in some cases there is less tumbling on a swoosh, or one toe is less tumbled compared to the other. Nothing like that height difference though.

Curious what they would say if you'd call them tomorrow. If this is true DS however, not much they can probably do besides getting you your money back. But then you're without shoes. Dam.

Going to try Social Media first, then if it doesn't get anywhere, I'm going to call. Going to try to do what I can without giving them up, especially since these are the only pair I have

This thread has been a complete 180 compared to the 2013 Royal threads. Up until RD, it was neck in neck. But the aftermath was totally different and unpredictable. Who would've thought EB/FtL was taking that many phone orders a week ago. Then Sheikh later that same week. Crazy!?!? In 2013, everyone on those threads after RD was holding on. Any glimmer of hope...... for a restock, missed pairs..... anything!! It was a tough time. And to top it off an NTr KCMOCLOCO sumthin..... He was giving out false hope about certain FnLs having stock for their grand openings.

These Royal threads....
nthat.gif

Yo I remember that dude having people lined up at finishline across the country for a fake restock
mean.gif
LOL

Man I remember when FNL dropped them in 2013. Legit 2 FSR for the entire country 
laugh.gif

Yo lemme see a receipt

Him: naw man I wasn't there for royals. I was picking up the grant hill retros
laugh.gif

People swore by him too
mean.gif
Remember the dude that cleaned out that Australian store and flipped Royals so he could get Yeezy's? 
laugh.gif

I remember a lot of people on here saying that they were swimming in their TTS on the Jordan OG lows and to size down. It got me worried as I hate having shoes that run big so I tried my bred and royal lows when I got home and they fit perfectly true to size for me. From that moment, always bought TTS on Jordan 1's despite rumored running big or small and all my ones seem to fit the same. Someone said up there that they have wide feet but they sized down instead of up and another said they have wide feet and asking if to size up. Point being is not all wide footers are the same and not all narrow footed are the same. It really does vary so I guess just try them on first if you have a chance to or just go true to size and just hope they fit. Seems that no matter how much homework you do on sizing, you can still end up with a fail choice.

I remember a lot of people on here saying that they were swimming in their TTS on the Jordan OG lows and to size down. It got me worried as I hate having shoes that run big so I tried my bred and royal lows when I got home and they fit perfectly true to size for me. From that moment, always bought TTS on Jordan 1's despite rumored running big or small and all my ones seem to fit the same. Someone said up there that they have wide feet but they sized down instead of up and another said they have wide feet and asking if to size up. Point being is not all wide footers are the same and not all narrow footed are the same. It really does vary so I guess just try them on first if you have a chance to or just go true to size and just hope they fit. Seems that no matter how much homework you do on sizing, you can still end up with a fail choice.
These fit nothing like the lows

Lows are gigantic and idc what anyone else says. Keep in mind they have almost no padding at all so the heel would be loose as hell in regular size

And while most say TTS for current 1s I mean 2013 and prior I copped all size 11 and could possibly fit 10.5

These fit bigger IMO. I get all 10.5 but could even wear a 10 comfortably with remastered 1s

That and probably most dudes are shady AF in the sneaker world these days
Like you said people's feet vary, but I agree with Zyzz, the 1 lows fit like freaking boats IMO. I'm curious whether you're a widefooter? Personal opinion is the lows fit big in every sense of the word, especially length wise. But agree with you both, the Highs fit TTS. And I mean TTS using the Brannock device as the point of reference, not someone's "normal Nike" size. Nikes were running small for years IMO. I've had some real surprises of late, particularly with the AM1. I went with my "normal" 10 and when I got my OG Anniversary's in, they were too damn big. I have to go down to my TTS in the newer AM1s. And as someone also mentioned, we've all been burned by input from people in threads 
ohwell.gif

I was checking the lace bags on my pairs and I noticed my pair from NDC came with no lace bag.

I chatted in to tell them the issue, and then they told me that they checked with their team and these shoes did not come with extra laces.

Then I showed them 2 eBay pictures of the shoes with lace bag attached. They then told me that it may be a special offer from eBay to include extra laces. 

At this point I want to beat my brains out.

So I hung up on chat, and called in. Dude tells me I can return them, or I can buy blue laces from Laced up laces. He goes to the site and tells me they are on sale for $8.

I am not making any of this up...
Both terrible situations. Time to hit up Twitter and someone at JB to see if they can resolve both issues. What's equally pathetic is some idiot trying to tell you they don't come with extra laces ... I mean really, how hard is it to figure out whether your product came with laces? I vaguely recall when the ugly a** Lebron 2K14s came out and a dude didn't get his laces and guess what Nike told him? Same thing, they didn't come with laces. Idiots ... 

Last edited:
Its not a huge deal, its a bigger deal their terrible customer service. Back in the day I worked at a nike outlet. If I treated a customer like that, I would be fired. You are suppose to go above and beyond to make it right. They give 0 F's.

They don't know the products at all.

Once in awhile you might come across somewhere who does but majority don't know ****

The more and more I look at my SNKRS pair, the more lazy this release was. I was excited for these because I was expecting banned 1s (2016) but I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like Nike sold me fakes haha. Anyone else have these problems?

Baggy Nike Air tag overlaps from the back so the back lettering faces the front.
Nike Air insole faces both directions (SNKRs photos show NA insole facing different directions / my banned 1s are different direction too).
Short wide shoe tree (9-9.5 instead of the right 8.5-10 insole like my other 1s).
Laces just thrown in the bag.

View media item 2394843

Yea, can see the back lettering from the front on my pair too..smh.

View media item 2400679

(Random) Those still complaining about leather inconsistencies seriously need to chill or just return them. It's such a petty complaint at this point IMO. Breds were the same way so where were y'all then? Probably complained about those too but in any case this needs to stop. I think the fact that every pair is uniquely different in some way is dope.

Some of you could be enjoying your pairs but your so caught up on such a minute detail that nobody but you would even notice. On your feet they look like Royal Blue and black shoes which they are.

And for the love of God saying one is "smooth" and the other is tumbled. NONE OF THEM ARE "SMOOTH". They're all tumbled. Some parts maybe more tumbled than other parts, but it's all tumbled. "Smooth" was 2013 leather. Anyway this concludes my rant. Just had to say that. Sorry guys, carry on.

Last edited:
Royals from Shiekh arrived (Huge shout out to OP who put us on). Like others, one had a more tumbled toe box than the other, Which I don't mind. But the thing that got me was that the right shoe is 1/2 inch shorter than the left SMH
View media item 2400555View media item 2400556
Now this that type of ish where you gotta get that discount from Nike for the foolery. This a more than a legitimate QC control problem DAMN.

alsa2009 alsa2009 yea but nobody bought those mids. Dudes can't comment on what they don't have. And it's a mid so it ain't getting much love regardless. Leather could be better and dudes still gone say nah Sbbs bruh.

Back
Top Bottom