Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

I'm far from done after these, but I'll be slowing down heavily. For anyone buying since early 2000s there really isn't much left in the 1-14 arsenal that hasn't been retroed. Price isn't the factor or quality to ME.

I'm copping these and many others for the rest of this year. After that I'm done, Nike has gotten hip to the reselling game and are raising the price for no reason. $200 in 2015, then it will be $225 in 2017. The foams/Barkleys are already there in price. I'm done

So if you ran a business, you wouldnt raise your prices slightly if you knew you could keep getting away with it and keep the consumer loyalty? All places of business do it, just so happen this one is the most noticeable to our bank accounts
There are also businesses that do this and it backfires. And how do you know for certain this will work? There's going to be a tipping point in this shoe craze eventually...
If u can't afford $200 for some shoes then u cant really afford $170.
laugh.gif
 What foolish logic. Take some business consumer classes or research consumer pricing if you honestly think it's that simplistic...

I think there is some confusion when people say a shoe runs big and should go a half size down.

My foot measures 8.5 on the scale, and the III's and VI's fit perfect in that size.

Most shoes from Nike and JB, I wear a 9 in, like the 1, nike free. Free Run 2's and 3's Im a 9.5.

There are a lot of older shoes from before 2010 that I wore a 9.5 in, like AM 90's, 95's, 99 IV's, and 99 V's etc.

If I bought shoes in a 9 Im fine, because that's what fits the majority of the time, but never would I say those shoes are tts. But its easy for people in this same scenario to say they run bigger and need to go half size down if they are used to wearing a 9 all the time.

In conclusion, its doesn't feel correct to ever say "a nike/jb shoe runs large, you should go half size down from your TTS". Always get your TTS, Ive never owned Nike/JB Shoe where TTS was too big.
Preach. My Free Run 2's are 9,5 but unless I tie them they are loose as F. 

My Free Powerlines 2 on the other hand are the same size but they are SNUG.

My Free Run 5's are a 9,5 but length wise they are not wearable.

I wish I could fit every shoe before buying them but unless I'm able to be at that store at that day I'm not able to.

Thanks JB for these limited shoes.

After this VI, there's not much left I'm looking for other than a few Nike Basketball retros we've never seen, and a Maroon VI.
I only bring up the Maroons b/c this morning I saw a photo of a premium (Maroon) VII dropping next year.
As much as Nike is hitting us with the Sport Blue color this year, the 2015 Maroon run should include a VI, right? :nerd:
Prediction made.

It is just business and it happens to be one that I don't want to support anymore.. They can raise prices all they want, doesn't mean I have to buy them is what I'm saying. Also, JB raising prices isn't good for me is all I'm saying.

At the end of the day these are shoes, shoes that come out every other year. Upping the price for these shoes is ridiculous.

What is this the I'm don't with Nike/JB intervention thread lol?

I understand the frustration with the hike but damn everyone coming in to say they are done

What is this the I'm don't with Nike/JB intervention thread lol?

I understand the frustration with the hike but damn everyone coming in to say they are done
In reality they arent ... Id say out of every 10 people that say they are done, maybe 1 actually is and they prob only take a break for a few months.

Saying im done or complaining about price is the new thing, like complaining about quality picked up over the last year
Agreed. That's another thing that gets me. How many ppl will REALLY be done. I know I won't be done. Hell I thought I might be able to take a break after the legend blue 11s drop but after seeing what might be in store for 2015.....gonna be another expensive year

After this VI, there's not much left I'm looking for other than a few Nike Basketball retros we've never seen, and a Maroon VI.
I only bring up the Maroons b/c this morning I saw a photo of a premium (Maroon) VII dropping next year.
As much as Nike is hitting us with the Sport Blue color this year, the 2015 Maroon run should include a VI, right?
nerd.gif

Prediction made.
I'm hoping so. It makes since for 2015 and i'm pretty sure the Jordan VI maroon actually came out in February of 1992? sometime in early 92? The shoe tags says 91 though

Last edited:
With the price increase, only cop what you really like. Shoot, it should already be like tht lol unless you want every pair and got lots of $$$

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but I'm guessing people stop calling this color way September blue because sports blue is easier to say

Me too. I love this color way, but the only reason I'm contemplating buying them is the quality. I have a feeling that they are going to use the same quality pleather as the infrareds.
Yeah I feel you. They probably will. But the more pics I see, the more I want them.

Im probably gonna buy these, they wont be retrod again for a long time so i better get a pair now i guess. Lol. The only other shoe i really want this year is the black/white og 1s.

I've seen some ugly ceases on infrareds, these probaly will look the same which has me worried
dudes must be balling in them. I rock causally and have no creasing at all and I drive a stick shift. Must be the sneaker shields[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]

The official name is Sport Blue. I believe It was abbreviated on the box as 'SPT BLUE' and people back then took that to mean 'September blue'.

Back
Top Bottom