JORDAN XI ANNIVERSARY RELEASING MAY 1 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Right on man. I really wish Jordan would stop making retros. Although i'm thankful for the ones that have come out because I was able to purchase them and remember my childhood, they are getting out of hand. Every month there's a new retro coming out and in differnt colors. Jordan should stick to making a retro once ever 4 months and cut the damn price or atleast make it more like the OGs. Now every time I buy a damn shoe I have to inspect it and lose sleep wondering if it's fake or has flaws.

Originally Posted by TheMachines04

Here's the cracked carbon fiber....
You got a cracked CF pair? Damn bruh? I heard they only released 11 pairs with a cracked CF cuz the shoe is the 11th model. You got a very limited pair man.
tired.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by OGFreshReady

Flint.. I read your story.. That's disgusting what Jordan Brand did.. I've been away from buying Air Jordans for a while now because of how they treat their older fans.. all this teasing with re-releases but never ever reaching anything OG, like the way the shoe actually looked like. Most youngsters today (not all) won't know and it's not their fault, what "real" Air Jordans looked like. The problem is money and when Jordan started chasing the Air Force revolution, things got out of hand. It became all about fashion and inferior leather and as you can see above^^^ cracked carbon fibres**** 
I, like many others (I'm sure) never knew that this silver XI had been released to a select few with a jumpman and that little toddlers got the OG ice blue tint.. I had someone pick me up a pair because it actually looked decent in the pictures I saw ( those pics were actually kids with that nice ice blue tint - brought back memories of the '96 all-star game). Anyway, I was disgusted but kept it until I read FlintGrey's post----------I took this shoe back and got a refund!!! I was hesitant to do so cause I've never returned an Air Jordan shoe I've ever bought. I'm glad I returned this one though!!!!! JB won't get the last laugh like they usually do nowadays...... We gotta stand up and say no more garbage!!!! No more close misses!!!!! 

They think they can wrap up +@$% and tell us it's Candy.... No More!!!! This is for the kids........ Be smart.... Do your homework......... See that better Air Jordans existed before your time - quality and better leather - every pair was checked back then.... Every pair that Michael Jordan wore was sold out - this is a fashion conscious era I know but don't sell out to inferior products and spend your hard earned money on crap just cause of HYPE.............
Key word in there, HYPE.  That is the main reason (IMO) this shoe sold.  All because people thought it was "limited".  Who care's if a shoe is limited or not, doesn't change the fact you are not getting a quality product anymore.  Granted, there are people that really like the shoe and are satisfied with what they paid for but from reading most of these posts it sounds more and more like JB ruined these shoes (paint stain, blue tongue, CRACKED CARBON, etc.).  Sadly, it will never change.  We won't get good quality anymore and people will still keep buying these new releases.  Well, we will get quality on the BIN models, but we all know that's a total ripoff.  

Originally Posted by BigEli500

Hey bro, my dad works at FORD Motor Co. and told me that you can weld carbon fiber back together with a special kind of glue. I did some research online, although I know there are differnt types of carbon fiber, this is probably the simplest type because it's so thin. Somewhere I read you can use Epoxy Resin Glue. (http://www.google.com/img...t=image&ved=0CEUQ9QEwCQ) Click on that.

Thats wsup man. Thats what this forum is all about. Helpin a fellow sneakerhead and giving out good helpful tips. 
the last post was a joke by the way.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by BigEli500

Hey bro, my dad works at FORD Motor Co. and told me that you can weld carbon fiber back together with a special kind of glue. I did some research online, although I know there are differnt types of carbon fiber, this is probably the simplest type because it's so thin. Somewhere I read you can use Epoxy Resin Glue. (http://www.google.com/img...t=image&ved=0CEUQ9QEwCQ) Click on that.
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that. Just sucks that Nike or FA won't do anything about it but offer a voucher. Yes, I can take that voucher but then I'd be left without a pair of XIs

The CF might not be crackd....it could have just dried like that when it was molded or w.e.

are u like sure that its cracks....

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

The CF might not be crackd....it could have just dried like that when it was molded or w.e.

are u like sure that its cracks....
my space jams came pre cracked as well.

Originally Posted by bigj505

good story flint... welcome to the reseller's club
laugh.gif
LOL
Originally Posted by EEntegRa

flint - read your story. i feel you on the recent JBs releases. that is why i dont buy em anymore unless i really really want em (i did buy the varsity red 6s). but SJ, passed. these and any of teh silve anniv, passed. its just that you pay a premium for something and you expect it to be good qual. but you dont so the heck with JB. 
mad.gif

Thanks dude...thats my motto too - buy what ya like.

Originally Posted by OGFreshReady

Flint.. I read your story.. That's disgusting what Jordan Brand did.. I've been away from buying Air Jordans for a while now because of how they treat their older fans.. all this teasing with re-releases but never ever reaching anything OG, like the way the shoe actually looked like. Most youngsters today (not all) won't know and it's not their fault, what "real" Air Jordans looked like. The problem is money and when Jordan started chasing the Air Force revolution, things got out of hand. It became all about fashion and inferior leather and as you can see above^^^ cracked carbon fibres**** 
I, like many others (I'm sure) never knew that this silver XI had been released to a select few with a jumpman and that little toddlers got the OG ice blue tint.. I had someone pick me up a pair because it actually looked decent in the pictures I saw ( those pics were actually kids with that nice ice blue tint - brought back memories of the '96 all-star game). Anyway, I was disgusted but kept it until I read FlintGrey's post----------I took this shoe back and got a refund!!! I was hesitant to do so cause I've never returned an Air Jordan shoe I've ever bought. I'm glad I returned this one though!!!!! JB won't get the last laugh like they usually do nowadays...... We gotta stand up and say no more garbage!!!! No more close misses!!!!! 

They think they can wrap up +@$% and tell us it's Candy.... No More!!!! This is for the kids........ Be smart.... Do your homework......... See that better Air Jordans existed before your time - quality and better leather - every pair was checked back then.... Every pair that Michael Jordan wore was sold out - this is a fashion conscious era I know but don't sell out to inferior products and spend your hard earned money on crap just cause of HYPE.............
Damn bro!  Taking action by returning 'em!  I don't mind seeing Brand Jordan evolve to what it is today -- the sneaker culture is more than just about making honoring whats happened in the past with Retros...they need to stay true to what's hip today, so I don't blame them for making Fusions and such.

But I agree with you 100% to not accept inferior products.  It is the absensce of quality and bad judgment that gets me. 

I recall tags that came out "INSPIRED BY THE GREATEST PLAYER"...whatever happened to that mantra?

That's a great read flint. I think these shoes sold because of SOME hype but the majority was because they're the most loved of the line. JB keeps sticking it too us but they know these shoes are like a drug to us. Especially those of us that have been wearing Jordans since the very early '90s when 15 inch deep dish rims with hundred spokes were cool or those that have been wearing them since the mid 80's when neon colors were in.

i wore mine like 4x already and the bottoms are starting to yellow =[ liek the yellow is creeping up the back of the sole! OH NOES!!!!!!!!
GOOD THING I BOUGHT AND EXTRA PAIR TO KEEP ON ICEEEEEE
smile.gif

Got mines from Ndc. I must say these are really super clean to the core. Totally white. The toungue does have a sort of blue tint as mentioned. Anyways got my XIs and I'm really happy I got them. Can't go wrong with some all white jays!! Next up is the 2s.

The pair that I have got a production date of 12/24 and they don't have a blue tongue but they do have a blue tint to the soles. It's not like the GS colors but it's still blue.

ATtention!!!--- I know this isn't the cleaning thread but for you guys with the xi. After every wear wash the soles!! After every single wear. It will take u 30 wears b4 u see a lil yellow I wear my Jams once every 2 weeks so I total of about 5 wears still icyyyyy!! Did the same with dmp xi iccy!! Wore them about 10x I'm tellin u guys guarentee it will work

I dont know about some of you guys but i expect my shoes b4 i get up to the register. Ive seen dude buy shoes dont try them on then get home and have fakes.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

I dont know about some of you guys but i expect my shoes b4 i get up to the register. Ive seen dude buy shoes dont try them on then get home and have fakes.

FLINTGREY, well written story. you put into words how i feel about the anniversary 11 release and overall brand jordan. my first pair of jordans was in '85/'86. yes, i'm older and it's just disappointing the kind of games the company plays with consumers. not only quality, but also the games of leaving the jumpman off and making infrareds without durabuck, etc. all i can say is i no longer have the same excitement about jordans anymore. over the years, i'm buying less jordans and turning my attention to other releases. not everyone cares about what we say, they will say stop complaining or don't buy the shoes. well, for the most part, i have stopped buying. the biggest thing they don't understand is the joy that has been taken away and the shoes don't look or feel like a quality product anymore. i used to believe the tag that read, "inspired by the greatest player ever." well, the quality must be inspired by the years he played with the wizards. he got old and so are his shoes now. so, when the powder IX's and other coveted retros release, i will be on the sidelines and not in the game. i refuse to buy jordans where the leather doesn't even look like leather anymore, or the shoes are made with suede when they shouldn't be. i guess you truly can't understand unless you saw the releases in the beginning and where they are now. i usually stay quiet on this topic, but your story flint brought it out of me. thanks again for what you wrote. well said, my friend...and great pickup on the hyperdunks.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

just my luck, called eastbay right now and ordered 2 size 10's.
Nice, you got lucky with those.  When I checked on the shoe two hours before this, none of the sizes had any available for sale.  Good job on the pick up.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

FLINTGREY, well written story. you put into words how i feel about the anniversary 11 release and overall brand jordan. my first pair of jordans was in '85/'86. yes, i'm older and it's just disappointing the kind of games the company plays with consumers. not only quality, but also the games of leaving the jumpman off and making infrareds without durabuck, etc. all i can say is i no longer have the same excitement about jordans anymore. over the years, i'm buying less jordans and turning my attention to other releases. not everyone cares about what we say, they will say stop complaining or don't buy the shoes. well, for the most part, i have stopped buying. the biggest thing they don't understand is the joy that has been taken away and the shoes don't look or feel like a quality product anymore. i used to believe the tag that read, "inspired by the greatest player ever." well, the quality must be inspired by the years he played with the wizards. he got old and so are his shoes now. so, when the powder IX's and other coveted retros release, i will be on the sidelines and not in the game. i refuse to buy jordans where the leather doesn't even look like leather anymore, or the shoes are made with suede when they shouldn't be. i guess you truly can't understand unless you saw the releases in the beginning and where they are now. i usually stay quiet on this topic, but your story flint brought it out of me. thanks again for what you wrote. well said, my friend...and great pickup on the hyperdunks.
Thanks man - your words hit it on the head.  My first pair of Air Jordans wasn't till around 1993, so you've actually been "in the game" longer than I have.  Like you, I have turned been turned off for years by the quality so I turned my attention elsewhere, like to Lebrons/Kobes/Air Maxs, but even some Air Max retros have JB-like quality (Air Max BW Persians, anyone?)

I really don't want to start an anti-JB anthem going, but this lack of quality has to be acknowledged.  I love Air Jordans just like any other dude in this forum.  In two weeks, I will be attending a forum with Nike to discuss quality issues.  Trust - I will be sure to voice my opion (and yours). 
Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

i used to believe the tag that read,"inspired by the greatest player ever." well, the quality must beinspired by the years he played with the wizards.
QFMFT!
Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

JB keeps sticking it too us but they know these shoes are like a drug to us.
But I'll be honest - its a drug I don't want to quit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Damn flint, sad story there. Glad you found something you liked in the end.
Thanks dude.  It's been awhile - hope all is well on your side of the city, fam.

yo so i been wearing my xi;s for the past 3 days and them bottoms are yellowing....just whipped them off w. sum hot water n it helped the yellow that was creeping up the back. they still look icy though but i think if i wear them for another 4-5 days they will be darker yellow on the bottoms and the sideds will be yellowing....im gonna have to give them a break, they just look too damn good w. shorts on to not rock em =[

Back
Top Bottom