Just dropping off some info for 2015 you guys may or may not know...

I still believe the price increase will start to deter people from purchasing these remastered shoes. It may not happen at first but it will eventually. The only people who don't care about the price of the shoes are those who are willing to pay resell price over and over. Eventually the price of shoes (when tax/shipping is factored) will mirror average reseller price. Then what?
It makes me more selective.  that's for sure.  I just don't buy a shoe on a whim.

So far it looks like I am not buying anything until may with the Chicago 1 and the Xi lows. Was there a Rd for the 13 lows yet, or at least a month of release?

Haven't been mentioned but would like to see release.

air-jordan-retro-4-tour-yellow.jpg

air-jordan-retro-2-black-chrome.jpg

From your list, I would be in for the Tour Yellow 4's and Black Chrome 2's :pimp:.

So far it looks like I am not buying anything until may with the Chicago 1 and the Xi lows. Was there a Rd for the 13 lows yet, or at least a month of release?

There's a 6/13/15 release date for a black/metallic gold - university red - white retro 13 low according to@j23app

Last edited:
the only retro im waiting for and maybe the jordan 10 the city editions... after that its time for me to retire

A lot of members are talking about retiring sometime this year, in all seriousness, what's going to be in store for all the new cats or the members who haven't been here as long? I feel like all hell will break loose and threads will lose calm real quick.

Sold my raging bull pack nver got to wear them.wore the 3 m to go to the movies n they creased so bad u would ve thought i was playing ball in them.....
Wont waste my money on those if the new one is the same bs quality....

man i hate that they switched the times to 9AM CT. I use to be able to cop at 7am before work but now I have to be slick and try at work on the low. lowers my chances as I can't focus on multiple sites anymore.

man i hate that they switched the times to 9AM CT. I use to be able to cop at 7am before work but now I have to be slick and try at work on the low. lowers my chances as I can't focus on multiple sites anymore.

Being in the Central Time zone, 7am seemed so much more convenient for me due to a similar reason. In 2015, I'll be one of those who used to be on my phone trying to cop and have my brother try to cop on his computer before he went to work. Now to keep my chances high, I have to hit up raffles, attempt on my phone, and hope that my brother doesn't work on release days of shoe's I'm aiming for or isn't supposed to be at work until well after I copped with these 9am releases.

I LOVE the new time!!!!  But i don't have to get up early on the weekend so it benefits me.

I love them Tour 4s, slept on em on the initial release, 2yrs later, was craving a pair, did a market search for a year or so, and couldnt find them at a decent price.

I have a rule which I swear by when buying after a miss,never pay $50 above retail. Been that way for as long as I been collecting.

Last edited:
I love them Tour 4s, slept on em on the initial release, 2yrs later, was craving a pair, did a market search for a year or so, and couldnt find them at a decent price.

I have a rule which I swear by when buying after a miss,never pay $50 above retail. Been that way for as long as I been collecting.

I imagine that finding a pair you really want if you strikeout on release day can be one bad headache.

I imagine that finding a pair you really want if you strikeout on release day can be one bad headache.
Honestly, I got every pair I ever wanted for 95% of the time retail, the other 5% I found them between $10-$50 above retail.
(Having trade bait has helped with that 5% as well)
(outside db 9s and Fear 3s-missed and still missing)

Last edited:
Honestly, I got every pair I ever wanted for 95% of the time retail, the other 5% I found them between $10-$50 above retail.
(Having trade bait has helped with that 5% as well)
(outside db 9s-missed and still missing)

See, having trade bait is something I lack since I haven't been able to double up like a lot of members have. I'm working on my collection and then I'll work on doubling it up so I can have that trade bait. But, the way the reresale marker is, if you don't have trade bait it seems like you're easily paying $50 above retail if you really look around and negotiate or $50+. Almost every shoe, GR or not, is immediately listed at $100 above retail and then adjusted accordingly.

@Chicagoguy-
I assume it may have something to do with a persons Locale as well. If its a consistent thirsty for Retro J area , resale will stay high.
In Pittsburgh though, once it gets close to that 1 month period where theyre un-returnable to a store alot of resellers panic ,and just want to get a profit ,so theyll let them go at semi reasonable prices. Thats how u play it.

Ftr when I say trade bait Im usually trading straight up ,no cash added via either end, unless market value demands it. Either way Im never above $50 ,that includes value of the trade.(i.e. if a pair I have is valued at 160 and the pair a seller has is at 170, Im not giving them anything other than the shoes for their shoes,but if mines worth 160 and theres retail was 200 ,Id pay them half the retail difference.

@Chicagoguy-
I assume it may have something to do with a persons Locale as well. If its a consistent thirsty for Retro J area , resale will stay high.
In Pittsburgh though, once it gets close to that 1 month period where theyre un-returnable to a store alot of resellers panic ,and just want to get a profit ,so theyll let them go at semi reasonable prices. Thats how u play it.

Ftr when I say trade bait Im usually trading straight up ,no cash added via either end, unless market value demands it. Either way Im never above $50 ,that includes value of the trade.(i.e. if a pair I have is valued at 160 and the pair a seller has is at 170, Im not giving them anything other than the shoes for their shoes,but if mines worth 160 and theres retail was 200 ,Id pay them half the retail difference.

I guess what hurts me in the trading aspect or buying for a reasonable price over retail is that I don't know anyone else around where I live that has a passion for Retro Jordan's. It seems like the majority of people who buy at my local go to store's only go when there's a hyped up release and they are trying to come up quick and resell or when it's the annual Jordan XI. But when it comes to GR's that I get I almost always win raffles because no one cares about the shoes. Then, on eBay or Craigslist prices have either set and sellers won't budge much or the price is fresh and they tend to stay over the $50 price range. Granted, we are talking about shoe's that I want that weren't GR's and I wasn't able to get like the completely Infrared 23 upper on the Retro+ 6 that came out at the beginning of the year.

Are true blue 3s releasing? Wasn't there talk of that during the summer?
From the 1st page post 22
3's may return in 2018 as a 30 year anniversary celebration (only scenario I could see them coming back in) with Nike air. The 3 definitely benefits the most of the earliest models from remastering due to the midsole process. In the early days the sole was dyed and then painted and chipping was way less noticeable. Now they have just painted it. Lightnings were confirmed 3 diff times last year. They must have halted production for them but I would imagine they would drop this coming year at some point. That's just my speculation though. 

Back
Top Bottom