Just hit the lottery... What car should I buy? ++UPDATED WITH PROOF OF TICKET++

Congrats, damn I need to start playing the lotto, I'm not telling a soul if I win except for my immediate family members and grandparents.

eek.gif
congrats. describe your emotions, what happened when you won, details,etc.

I want to know what to feel like when I win too.

Buy a house, if you are saying you are only 20 and don't think you should then that's you.
Audi A5/s6

Congrats man but like i said before invest that money wisely. Its cool to buy a car for maybe 25K but I would take the rest around 150K put it in mutual funds.If you were to put that money away and just let it grow you will be a multimillionaire years down the road without ever having to work for a dime of it. Thatmoney can be a life changing event if you manage it properly!

Congratz man!

Keep that money in your pocket and invest your money... But if you really want to by a car get a g35 or 350z. No need to buy anything new.

Congrats to the op, but if i was you i would put it in the bank till you actually pay all the taxes on it.

You have to claim your winnings at the end of the year and will have to pay more taxes on it not just what they took out of it already!

buy the car of your choice

and buy two run down houses at 30k a piece or less and with the rest of cash use it to fix em up and sell em when the time is right

damn your lucky i only got 1 number between 2 tickets
laugh.gif

but on the last drawing both my tickets had the powerball 2 bucks a piece
laugh.gif

Wow, didnt expect all this disbelief. I already went into make the claim and will get my check in 2-6 weeks. After taxes I get 172,500. And to the guy who said something about buying a house I'm only 20 and I am attending Ohio University so I dont need a house. I want to buy a new car with some of the money and thats what I am going to do. Here is the proof (sorry its not too clear but its the best i could do with my phone before I went to the regional lotto office.)

awesome as hell

ya facebook status must be ignorant right now, id have the whole campus salty....................you should have the chickens flockin HARD this weekend.

man this is so crazy me and my girl was juss talkin about winnin the lottery last night congrats to homie, i think its my turn to get the win

man i wouldnt let no one know i won except family

I would never tell friends OR family. Word spreads fast and next thing you know people are acting different around you and you got relatives you've nevereven seen or heard about visiting wantin to be your best friend

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@ all the fools arguing in this thread.
roll.gif

He didn't ask for financial advice. He asked for car suggestions. I didn't know buying a reliable car at about 20-25k was such a bad thing. By thatlogic, we would all be riding the bus, since all of a sudden you have to buy a house before you buy a car.
roll.gif

btw- OP is 20 years old and in college. No one knows his ambitions. Buying a house at the age of 20 may not be a smart move for him. He probably doesn'twant to live in smalltow, USA. +$@!, I know houses in Texas go for $150K or less, for a decent sized home. The problem is, personally, I have no intention orurge to ever move to Texas (
sick.gif
), you can offer that house for free and Iwould decline. Houses go for less in Fontana, Rialto, Ontario, etc., but I would rather pay more to have less in the big city I live in now, Los Angeles
smokin.gif
. Buying a house is a big responsibility and to those that don'tflip them, it ties them down like a bad girlfriend.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Originally Posted by cguy610

Buy a house.
Here is someone with no knowledge.

You won't be able to buy a house with 100K. You will not afford the house nor the loans the pay it off.

The irony
laugh.gif

David is Godly?
indifferent.gif
David has no goddamn sense.

Anyways, with the $8 grand tax credit as part of the stimulus plan plus the record low mortgage rates. This is a GREAT time to buy a house.

Another idea is to buy a house and put $50K down, then put 10-15K towards a car and kept the other 35-40K as a safety net.
I want to kick you.
Put 50k down on your shammy 100k house. Your previous job of working at some office 12$ a hr not going to pay any loans off. at 800$ a month rate.

According to your budget you will spend more money on car and "safety net"
I should kick you.

I don't know where ya'll living. I live in NYC. Houses cost a brick. Moving from Cali to TX is not "doing it." If anything, thast not doingit.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Wow, didnt expect all this disbelief. I already went into make the claim and will get my check in 2-6 weeks. After taxes I get 172,500. And to the guy who said something about buying a house I'm only 20 and I am attending Ohio University so I dont need a house. I want to buy a new car with some of the money and thats what I am going to do. Here is the proof (sorry its not too clear but its the best i could do with my phone before I went to the regional lotto office.)

awesome as hell

ya facebook status must be ignorant right now, id have the whole campus salty....................you should have the chickens flockin HARD this weekend.

Exactly what I was thinking

^^

aye man, we're just looking out for the kid.

but it seems like he doesn't need help. he said he is 20 and is attending school and he does not need a house, yeah you don't need a house right now,but in the future you will, and a new car will be the last thing you will be thinking about in the future. but hey everyone is different and that's what isbeautiful about this world.

all I hope is that OP does not regret any of his money splurging or if any.

-smile

Back
Top Bottom