Justin Bieber Thread - No Brainer out 7/27

:pimp:

WE HAVE A WINNER

Justin Bieber will win this week’s race for #1 with what may end up with the year’s biggest debut—but it’s highly unlikely he’ll hold the record beyond one week.

Including track and stream equivalents, Bieber’s Promise (RBMG/Def Jam) is currently trending to top Drake’s 535k first week of his mixtape, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late. Bieber could see as much as 100k of his total coming from track downloads and streams. On the album chart, Bieber will fall short of this year’s record of 495k; that distinction also is Drake’s.

One Direction will land at #2 with Made in the A.M. (SYCO/Columbia).Their fifth and final set will easily eclipse the 387k first week of last year’s Four.

With both albums dramatically overperforming, many industry insiders are crediting the same-day release as the reason, with each album benefiting from the other’s fan base.

Bieber, Scooter Braun and Def Jam chief Steve Bartels—who will have three in the Top 10—have this week to celebrate their victory. Friday’s release of Adele’s 25 (XL/Columbia) could set records that may stand for decades.

Here are this week’s updated new releases:

Justin Bieber (Def Jam) 425-450k album, 525-550k SPS

One Direction (SYCO/Columbia) 400-425k, 475-500k

Logic (Def Jam) 90-95k, 95-100k

Jeezy (Def Jam) 60-65k, 65-70k

Chris Young (RCA Nashville) 55-60k, 60-65k

Kirk Franklin (RCA) 27-30k, 28-31k

Alessia Cara (Def Jam) 19-22k, 27-30k

Jeff Lynne’s ELO (Columbia) 17-20k, 18-21k

First time putting it on today 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No Pressure is that jam.. very relevant to my life currently 
tired.gif

Tried to put my homie on to Purpose. He wasn't having it. :lol:

Buddy went on a 10 minute tirade about Biebs lol. Of course NONE of it had to do with actual music and talent, but it's all good. I guess it should be expected that some folks won't be able to get past his recent douchebaggery.

They're missing out on some pretty good music though.

Last edited:
Tried to put my homie on to Purpose. He wasn't having it. :lol:

Buddy went on a 10 minute tirade about Biebs lol. Of course NONE of it had to do with actual music and talent, but it's all good. I guess it should be expected that some folks won't be able to get past his recent douchebaggery.

Yup, same here, this dude was shocked I had the joint on my phone...I told him it's cool if he wants to miss out on some decent new music cause of who the artist is

Tried to put my homie on to Purpose. He wasn't having it.
laugh.gif

I been trying to put people on and the vast majority actually enjoyed it. I had my friend play Company and Children in the bar he works at and people were loving it.

Last edited:
I stayed the jukebox with new Biebs Saturday night

It's funny how people keep qualifying they like it "I never thought..." :lol:

Bugatti Biebs has been putting out great work since his 2012 album.

People just immediately associate his irl behavior = his music. Their loss, imo.

Last update before offcial numbers.

TOP 15: IT'S NOT CLOSE. IT'S OVER.
Justin Bieber Will Score a Decisive Win This Week

Justin Bieber will score a decisive win over One Direction on this week’s album and SPS charts. The Bieber-1D face-off also marks the first time two albums have debuted over 400k in the same week since 2007, when Kanye West and 50 Cent squared off. Meanwhile, as many as nine debuts may land in the Top 15 this week, with Def Jam leading—not only at #1 but with three other new entries, two of them looking set to land in the Top 5. Here’s how it looks at midweek.

*Justin Bieber (Def Jam) 470-490k Sales, 560-580k SPS
*One Direction (SYCO/Columbia) 410-430k, 460-480k

Super late pass but that Sorry video is prob the best music vid I've seen in a long. Must've watched it back to back like 3 times yesterday.. So simple yet really hard to turn away from..

girly in the middle not droppin' down with the squad :evil:

View media item 1792337

Last edited:
No Pressure is so smooth. This album definitely exceeded any expectations I had for it. I haven't stopped playing it yet.

I usually at least respect Fantano's opinion. Id say i agree with him 50% of the time. But when he outright says Biebs can't sing and his voice is nasally and annoying...ok then you are going to hate this whole album.
He did say the production is top notch which it is. And i personally don't find Biebs voice annoying....so i like this album a lot.

After letting the album settle in this past week, I find myself gravitating towards the R&B influenced songs (Company, No Sense, No Pressure, We Are) and still liking Sorry & I'll show you.

All the other pop songs & ballads are cool but after a couple listens, not really interested to listening to them again. 

Officially 650k BIEBS!

US top weeks with TEA & SEA for an album ever: #1 Purpose 649k | #2 If You're Reading This It's Too Late 535k | #3 Made In The A.M. 459k

Billboard 200: #1(new) @justinbieber, Purpose 649,000 (522,000 pure album sales) *his 6th #1 album and his best opening week ever*

@justinbieber's Purpose this week scores the largest sales week for an album this year and the largest week with TEA & SEA in the US ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom