JUVENILE INTERVIEW: BIRDMAN IS RIPPING OFF WAYNE...

Interview, good read:

Interview: Juvenile Talks Leaving Cash Money, How Ice Cube Helped Him, and Claims Lil Wayne Got Ripped Off

Quote:

Why Did Lil Wayne Stay?

“When Wayne was trying to leave Cash Money [in the mid 2000s], same thing. He was trying to find out how did I leave, what did I do, he wanted to see my

paperwork. I was like you can see it, but you’re gonna have to pay me for it now
because now I know you ain’t with me. You’re own your own because I’m definitely
on my own. If you want the paperwork and help from my end, I need to be
compensated for it. [He never paid for it].

“Still up to the day, Wayne really got beat out of all his money and took
another contract. That’s part I never understood. I was signed to Atlantic and
Jay-Z was excited about that because now we was about to get our own money.
That’s what I really wanted. I wanted him to leave. All of a sudden he signed
back I’m like, ‘Damn, what type of deal he got working?’

“If you notice the Young Money/Cash Money imprint, some of the stuff that
need to say Young Money don’t say Young Money. I know Baby and I know Ronald
["Slim" Williams]. They ain’t giving up power of their company. They don’t care
how big Wayne gets, they not giving up. If I didn’t getting it, he ain’t getting
it.

“[Tha Carter III] album did great. But I don’t think Wayne collected
a dime on royalty side. I don’t think he’s gonna be able to because some of the
cats he was dealing with wasn’t doing straight business on the producer side.
You’re under the impression that the guy you got the beat from was the guy who
made the beat. It was situations like that that Wayne got caught in.

“It’s all backfiring on him because you got other cats who made these tracks
who stepped in and said, ‘I made that.’ It happened with the Deezle record. It
happened with three of his songs off that album. Everything is on a standstill
because of that.

“I thought he was scared [that’s why he stayed]. That’s how I took it. I was
like, ‘You don’t have to be scared.’ I’m really from the projects. No disrespect
to them, but I’m 10 times more street than they are. They would never go to some
of the places I’d go, they’d never turn some of the corners I turned because
they’re not like that. It’s two different ballgames.

“So I’m like, ‘Don’t let them ****** intimidate you. Don’t let that looking
hard **** intimidate you because ***** I’m really with it. If you wanna leave,
leave. You’re with me now, not them.’ One thing led to another and he signed
back, but I took it as he was scared.”

“Wayne is doing good right now, but if you go off of capital and off of who
made the most money, he still ain’t top my numbers yet off one album. He’s still
doing good, but he still never topped my numbers. If you go off of who could
benefit most at the end of the day, in my book I feel like I’ve lost everything.
They won. These ****** ate off the house I built.

“I ain’t mad about it, I’m gonna build me another house. But don’t make it
look like I was the bad guy. Don’t make it look like Juve came here and said,
‘Ah man, I’m leaving.’ The situation will always be, ‘**** you. Pay
me.’”

More of it, more good stuff:

Leaving Cash Money

“My reason [to leave Cash Money] is the same reason most artists leave their label—money. The music business is like the sports business. We use entertainment agents, entertainment lawyers. The only difference is they play sports. We all try to operate a certain way.
“When you put in that much work, you should be compensated for it. I’m number one on this station, number one on that station so I checked the contracts and went back over the paperwork. I was naïve in the beginning, I didn’t want anybody telling me anything because, hey, you didn’t help me get this situation and you’re on the outside. I should’ve listened because they had me in a contract that I’d still be in. There was no future for me in the contract.

When I left Cash Money, I left not liking anybody. I’m trying to show y'all where y'all getting ripped out of your money at. It’s all love now. They come to me now, even Mannie Fresh, and he’s like, ‘Man, you told me. You tried to tell me.’

“So I went, ‘Well, damn. I’m working like a slave and I’m getting nothing.’ So I got an entertainment lawyer and found out Cash Money weren’t who they said they were with me. One thing led to another and I said, ‘Pay me this and we’re cool’. They ain’t pay us and we went to court. They lost in court. Simple as that.
“I wanted $4 million. I didn’t want to go to trial, but they felt like they didn’t owe me anything. That $4 million wound up going to $11 million. Of course I didn’t get all with court fees and lawyer fees, but it put me through the ringer where I didn’t want to do anymore business again.
“I had to do all that to get money that I earned. I kind of paved the way for all that you got going on right now. If you were gonna pay anybody, me and Mannie should be the first two people the check was cut to. Mannie is still trying to get his money right now, it’s crazy.
“What’s crazy is I got I wise to it and I tried to be a good Samaritan to my group and warn them. ‘Hey man, my paperwork not right. Didn’t y'all receive the paperwork? What kind of lawyer do you have?’ They was like, ‘Yeah, I got a lawyer.’ I’m like, ‘Do you have an entertainment lawyer [or a criminal lawyer]? There’s a big difference. Criminal lawyers don’t know **** about contracts. You might wanna get a real lawyer and backtrack.’
“One thing lead to another and somebody repeated what I said because at the time I was the number one person on the label. I guess they wanted to be the number ones. They went back and told [Baby and Slim] everything I said, so that made it even worse. They ain’t want me around no more.
“When I left Cash Money, I left not liking anybody. I tried to be good to ya’ll and ya’ll telling ************* what I said. I’m trying to show y'all where y'all getting ripped out of your money at. It’s all love now. They come to me now, even Mannie Fresh, and he’s like, ‘Man, you told me. You tried to tell me.’
“After I beat them, B.G. pops up, then Mannie pops up and I’m like, ‘Oh, now you wanna see my case files?’ I’m like that’s cool. This case went on for three years, where were ya’ll? I didn’t get a phone call. Nobody checked to see if I was okay. Three years of no shows, no nothing. Three years. I’m not saying they owe me anything, but don’t expect me to help you out when you’re part of the reason I’m gone. And you’re not who you said you were.
“We had made a vow to each that no matter what happens we were gonna stick together, because we didn’t have a record company. We don’t own a company, so if a finger is going to be pointed, it ain’t going be pointed at us because it ain’t our fault.”

Damb they owed juve 11 mill so imagine what they owed fresh :x

Crazy how baby and slim doing the same thing all over again :smh:

Damb they owed juve 11 mill so imagine what they owed fresh :x
Crazy how baby and slim doing the same thing all over again :smh:

Yep, juvey sold 4mil out the gate on 400 degreez. All his Cash Money albums we're plat.

Birdman admitted to holding onto BG's money cause he had a drug problem and he thought he was helping him :rolleyes

I feel bad for Juvie and the lesser "hotboys"
dudes leave Cash money because they're getting played... but have to come back because they're blacklisted? or just not getting love otherwise?
rap game is foul.

Last edited:
birdman really thinks he a daddy to these cats, givin out allowances n wat not. robbin artists just to buy more cars. i remember when he was frontin like he owned an oil company. dudes in that industry didnt know who he was found out he was a fraud and got his oil co. logo tatoo covered up. snake clown.

In the music business it seems if you're not ripping somebody off , you're getting ripped off by somebody.Do you guys think this is still going on with new YMCMB? I think Drake just gets distributed by them and they get to throw the imprint on there so his contract is probably good, but what about everybody else? Nicki,Tyga,Wayne etc.?

I interviewed Juve ten years ago. He went OFF on Cash Money and how they took advantage of their artists. The whole thing was a joke.

This Old news to my ears I'm from the N.O. so everybody down here know how much of a snake Baby is...This the same reason SOULJA SLIM said why he didn't wanna **** with CMR people don't know SLIM could have been Cash Money 2nd artist but he seen how much of a snake Baby was...Baby is just a greedy *** ***** I remember B.G. said Cash Money made $14 mil off the Cash Money/Ruff Ryders Tour Baby give each of the Hot Boys only 100K outta $14 mil :smh: .. If u really think that DRAKE & all them ain't getting ripped off you a fool YMCMB got like 3 pending court cases now from producers not being paid..I'll give it in the next 2 years DRAKE & NICKI will be taking Cash Money to court sad thing majority of this black owned labels always ripping their artist off thats why the only Black owned label that is safe is AFTERMATH all them other labels artist always say they ain't being paid that why they never around for more no more than 5 years...

That was cool of Ice Cube to give him that 50g's. I like to hear stories like that. We probably would have never known if Juvie didn't say anything. Speaks a lot about the character of Cube...

birdman really thinks he a daddy to these cats, givin out allowances n wat not. robbin artists just to buy more cars. i remember when he was frontin like he owned an oil company. dudes in that industry didnt know who he was found out he was a fraud and got his oil co. logo tatoo covered up. snake clown.

back in the day it was like that with allowances and what not, happened with the biggest bands in the world like BSB and NSync...

That was cool of Ice Cube to give him that 50g's. I like to hear stories like that. We probably would have never known if Juvie didn't say anything. Speaks a lot about the character of Cube...

didn't see anything bout cube, what are you referring to?

according to forbes on the books birdman is worth 125 mil. he most likely owns the publishing for nicki and wayne, but i bet he dont own drakes.

Last edited:
I think drake getting ran too

and with waynes new direction in rap im sure drake regrets signing with em

doesn't matter who has the publishing if they're not paying it out

didn't see anything bout cube, what are you referring to?

There's more to the interview that wasn't posted. Thought OP had a link to the original but I must have been seeing things. Anyways...

How Ice Cube Helped Him

“When the hurricane [of Cash Money drama] hit, Ice Cube sent me $50,000 and I don’t even know Ice Cube. You know why? Because I was going through the same exact thing he went through [with N.W.A.].

He told me, ‘Knowing your future, just know good things are gonna come to you.’ He said, ‘Man, I lost everything. Friends, family, everything. Nobody wanted to be affiliated with me, do no business with me. I only call on Chuck D and them to help me out.’

“He said, ‘As long as you’re not messing over nobody and you treat people right—treat people how you wanna be treated—it’s something big out there for you in the future.’ That really touched me. I don’t know if he knew it, but he’s one of them cats that I really put on a pedestal. I thought Ice Cube was one of the most successful rap artists ever.

“He took it from one thing to another thing and he was real good at it. So I always said that if I was gonna try to follow in somebody’s footsteps in the music industry he would be the guy, because I liked how he do things.”

Back
Top Bottom