keeping stuff from past relationships?

looking through my closet i realized i had a good amount of stuff from past relationships, such as some shirts, sneakers, cd's, whatever. in your opinion nt, if you're in a relationship, is it wrong to keep gifts from a past relationship? (and im not talking about old pictures or anything.) in my case, im keeping the gifts because i like them, not because im still into the girls who gave them to me.

also, if any of you have no problem keeping the old gifts, would you have a problem mentioning it to your current gf? or is that something you wouldnt look to bring up?

ive worn shirts that past gf's have gotten me before when ive gone out with my current gf and so no problem with it. the "how i met your mother" episode has me thinking a little but different now, though lol.

looking through my closet i realized i had a good amount of stuff from past relationships, such as some shirts, sneakers, cd's, whatever. in your opinion nt, if you're in a relationship, is it wrong to keep gifts from a past relationship? (and im not talking about old pictures or anything.) in my case, im keeping the gifts because i like them, not because im still into the girls who gave them to me.

also, if any of you have no problem keeping the old gifts, would you have a problem mentioning it to your current gf? or is that something you wouldnt look to bring up?

ive worn shirts that past gf's have gotten me before when ive gone out with my current gf and so no problem with it. the "how i met your mother" episode has me thinking a little but different now, though lol.

Originally Posted by Griffey3

nopy your past life is still part of your life.  All gifts are fair game.  The only difference is a chick might wear the ex-guys' jersey/gym shorts/ etc.  and that's not cool.  But as a man we don't really have that problem.  I'm with throwing away every item after each relationship because it's part of your life/history also.

Originally Posted by Griffey3

nopy your past life is still part of your life.  All gifts are fair game.  The only difference is a chick might wear the ex-guys' jersey/gym shorts/ etc.  and that's not cool.  But as a man we don't really have that problem.  I'm with throwing away every item after each relationship because it's part of your life/history also.

I still have the Foreman grill my ex got me and I use it every day
pimp.gif

Theres nothing wrong in keeping gifts from other people, regardless if its an ex. I mean unless its something mushy that we can live without and can trash, then why not keep something you like that was free? If you seriously feel so emotionally attached to it that youve gone romo towards it, then sell and make some money and buy something like drugs, so that way you will never even remember what happened to it because you got so high from the money you got and life will move on.

Theres nothing wrong in keeping gifts from other people, regardless if its an ex. I mean unless its something mushy that we can live without and can trash, then why not keep something you like that was free? If you seriously feel so emotionally attached to it that youve gone romo towards it, then sell and make some money and buy something like drugs, so that way you will never even remember what happened to it because you got so high from the money you got and life will move on.

Not sure if srs.....if its like birthday cards or some #%$@ then you better be throwing that away even while your with her. Shoes, a watch or something? Would just be plain dumb to throw away.

Not sure if srs.....if its like birthday cards or some #%$@ then you better be throwing that away even while your with her. Shoes, a watch or something? Would just be plain dumb to throw away.

You're going too far if you throw out every gift they ever gave you - but I can't imagine your new girl would be happy if you were sleeping with the teddy bear she gave you. Depends what it is if it's reasonable to keep it or not.

You're going too far if you throw out every gift they ever gave you - but I can't imagine your new girl would be happy if you were sleeping with the teddy bear she gave you. Depends what it is if it's reasonable to keep it or not.

My girl wore a ring on her left hand from a past relationship.

I snapped on her for that.

She hasn't worn it since. I felt bad about it, but I got my point across.

I wouldn't mind if it was clothes but this is a ring here. Something in me just lost it and I never lose my temper

My girl wore a ring on her left hand from a past relationship.

I snapped on her for that.

She hasn't worn it since. I felt bad about it, but I got my point across.

I wouldn't mind if it was clothes but this is a ring here. Something in me just lost it and I never lose my temper

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

utilitarian? - kept
sentimental? - gone

Exactly. If it’s something that is a constant reminder of that ex, get rid of it. It’s that simple. You can’t move forward while holding on to the past.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

utilitarian? - kept
sentimental? - gone

Exactly. If it’s something that is a constant reminder of that ex, get rid of it. It’s that simple. You can’t move forward while holding on to the past.

Back
Top Bottom