KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

When is this? Is this for students only

It's for anyone who bought his album at rasputin's locations in the bay area. The one in vallejo still has plenty of wristbands left. His performance is at 6pm on Wednesday at berkeley's rasputin

Last edited:
is it really that good?

:wow: Bruh....absolutely yes! The cohesion throughout is really great and even songs like Backseat Freestyle fit perfectly and this album really does tell a short story, the cover art for the album also fits PERFECTLY :smokin :smokin :smokin

I'm surprised I resisted temptation and waited till I actually got the pre-order version, I tried not to listen to any snippets or track releases and it was a stuggle :lol:. But on my first listen throughout the day I definitely can see what everyone has been saying and singing the praises of this album its borderline perfect and without a doubt excellently constructed and his lyrics are obviously fantastic as you listen too, but production is on point, the skits are even great to listen to and aren't just some filler in between tracks......I had HIGH expectations and I prolly didn't catch everything the first go round but I'm looking forward to playing this in my car, and my headphones for a good week straight and it'll only get better as I give it more plays. Bravo Mr. Lamar, good to see my favorite young artist has delivered, hopefully everyone supports him and goes and buys a copy even if they got a leaked version, he certainly deserves it......now to wait for that Cole/Kendrick album which will be :wow: fire :smokin

ZnqQ5.gif

Went to 2 Targets near me and they only had the regular version SMH...so went to Best Buy and bought the Deluxe minus the extra two Target tracks

had the album on my phone for the past few days but had to cop and support Mr. Duckworth...album is flames :pimp:

[h2]Track listing[/h2][table][tr][th="col"]No.[/th][th="col"]Title[/th][th="col"]Writer(s)[/th][th="col"]Producer(s)[/th][th="col"]Length[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]1.[/td][td]"Sherane a.k.a. Master Splinter’s Daughter"  [/td][td]Kendrick Duckworth, Christopher Whitacre, Justin Henderson[/td][td]Tha Bizness[/td][td]4:33[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td][td]"*****, Don’t Kill My Vibe"  [/td][td]Duckworth, Mark Spears, Braun, Vindahl Friis, Lykke Schmidt[/td][td]Sounwave[/td][td]5:10[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td][td]"Backstreet Freestyle"  [/td][td]Duckworth, Chauncey Hollis[/td][td]Hit-Boy[/td][td]3:32[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td][td]"The Art of Peer Pressure"  [/td][td]Duckworth, Rune Rask, Jonas Vestergaard[/td][td]Tabu[/td][td]5:24[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td][td]"Money Trees" (featuring Jay Rock)[/td][td]Duckworth, Dacoury Natche, Johnny Mickinzie, Victoria Garance, Alixe Legrand, Alex Scally[/td][td]DJ Dahi[/td][td]6:26[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td][td]"Poetic Justice" (featuring Drake)[/td][td]Duckworth, Elijah Molina, Aubrey Graham, James Harris, Janet Jackson, Terry Lewis[/td][td]Scoop DeVille[/td][td]5:00[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td][td]"good kid"  [/td][td]Duckworth, Pharrell Williams[/td][td]Pharrell[/td][td]3:34[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td][td]"m.A.A.d city" (featuring MC Eiht)[/td][td]Duckworth, M. Spears, R. Riera, A. Morgan, Aaron Tyler, Quincy Hanley[/td][td]Sounwave, THC, Terrace Martin (add.)[/td][td]5:50[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td][td]"Swimming Pools (Drank)" (Extended Version)[/td][td]Duckworth, Tyler Williams[/td][td]T-Minus[/td][td]5:13[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td][td]"Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst"  [/td][td]Duckworth, G. Stevenson, D. Hutchinsn, Q. Jones, A. Bergman, M. Bergman[/td][td]'Sing About Me' produced by Like of Pac Div
'I’m Dying of Thirst' produced by Skhye Hutch, Sounwave (add.)[/td][td]12:03[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td][td]"Real" (featuring Anna Wise)[/td][td]Duckworth, T. Martin[/td][td]Terrace Martin[/td][td]7:23[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td][td]"Compton" (featuring Dr. Dre)[/td][td]Duckworth, Justin Smith, Charles Cason[/td][td]Just Blaze[/td][td]4:08[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Total length:
[/td][td]68:16[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""][hide]Deluxe edition disc[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="col"]No.[/th][th="col"]Title[/th][th="col"]Writer(s)[/th][th="col"]Producer(s)[/th][th="col"]Length[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td][td]"The Recipe" (featuring Dr. Dre)[/td][td]Duckworth, Elijah Molina, Eric Cardona, Gabe D'Amico, Dev Gupta, Andrea Estella, Bryan Ujueta[/td][td]Scoop DeVille[/td][td]5:52[/td][/tr][tr][td]14.[/td][td]"Black Boy Fly"  [/td][td]Duckworth, C. Smith, D. Parker[/td][td]Rahki, Dawaun Parker (co.)[/td][td]4:38[/td][/tr][tr][td]15.[/td][td]"Now or Never" (featuring Mary J. Blige)[/td][td]Duckworth, Jazmine Sullivan, J. Splash[/td][td]Jack Splash[/td][td]4:17[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Total length:
[/td][td]83:03[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""][hide]iTunes Deluxe edition bonus tracks[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="col"]No.[/th][th="col"]Title[/th][th="col"]Writer(s)[/th][th="col"]Producer(s)[/th][th="col"]Length[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]16.[/td][td]"Collect Calls"  [/td][td] [/td][td]THC[/td][td]3:57[/td][/tr][tr][td]17.[/td][td]"Swimming Pools (Drank)" (Single version)[/td][td]Duckworth, Williams[/td][td]T-Minus[/td][td]4:07[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Total length:
[/td][td]91:07[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""][hide]Target Deluxe edition bonus tracks[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="col"]No.[/th][th="col"]Title[/th][th="col"]Writer(s)[/th][th="col"]Producer(s)[/th][th="col"]Length[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]16.[/td][td]"County Building Blues"  [/td][td]K. Duckworth, K. Rahman, D. Winslow[/td][td]DJ Khalil[/td][td]4:18[/td][/tr][tr][td]17.[/td][td]"Swimming Pools (Black Hippy Remix)" (featuring Black Hippy)[/td][td]Duckworth, Williams[/td][td]T-Minus[/td][td]5:14[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""][hide]Spotify Deluxe edition bonus tracks[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="col"]No.[/th][th="col"]Title[/th][th="col"]Writer(s)[/th][th="col"]Producer(s)[/th][th="col"]Length[/th][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]16.[/td][td]"The Recipe (Black Hippy Remix)" (featuring Black Hippy)[/td][td] [/td][td]Scoop Deville[/td][td]4:23[/td][/tr][/table]

Really words can't express how happy i am with this album. It's almost a perfect album. Couple hooks could have been better but everything else is just WOW. His ear for beats is ridiculous. It's really mindblowing how the beats fit with every song's topic and just the mood of the song. Oh one more thing. Maybe i should blame Kendrick that my girl got mad at me for saying ***** don't kill my vibe when i was listening to this earlier.

Countless pages of thumbs up and approval for this LP

A rarity on this site nowadays :nthat:

For real. I got mine from Target based off of all you guys. :lol:

I'll be starting this after work and running through the whole thing.

For those who go to Target, keep bugging them. I had to talk to 3 people before someone decided to go to the back and actually look for the thing. :smh:

Anyone else kinda feel disappointed in other artists after hearing this? Like i'm listening to some kinda new albums and realizing they are not that good. Most notably how the guests just don't fit as well as they do in good kid maad city. Kendrick really did some magic with his guests. Putting them to perfect spots.

I previewed a little of Section 80 last year. Lyrically he is talented but I wasn't a fan of what I heard. He had that fast flow and voice was annoying to me.

Downloaded this yesterday just to check out the debut album. I was extremely impressed. Easily one of the best albums of 2012. Lyrically it's nice which was expected but the production is pristine

Maaaaaaan. This album def goes. The cohesiveness in this album is damn near flawless. This goes to show that you don't have to conform to the foolishness in rap music today in order to release a dope album

Maaaaaaan. This album def goes. The cohesiveness in this album is damn near flawless. This goes to show that you don't have to conform to the foolishness in rap music today in order to release a dope album

Yup. I like how the story was included in the album, but didn't necessarily dominate it. **** was just beautiful, definitely gonna spin it a few more times.

Back
Top Bottom