[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

People who are quick to criticize need to pump their breaks. You need to let an album soak in and listening to something 1 time through isn't enough. A lot of times the mood you are in while listening to something can hinder your impression. If anyone can attest to this it's my man @Cragmatic

What you said may be true, and as a Cudi fan, it pains me to say I have no intentions to even check for this album.

i feel like if yall didnt rock with SF yall wouldnt rock with this either (not saying these are identical albums)

i could be totally wrong tho just imo :lol:

Last edited:

I'm saying bruh, folks want to act like Fantano takes a hard line against rap/hip-hop, but the fact is he's rarely wrong when it comes to album analysis.

I mean, some **** that sounds sonically pleasing is just shallow lyrically and conceptually. And while I think Death Grips absolutely sucks balls despite the fact Fantano LOVES them, he's pretty spot on with most of his reviews.

His Kendrick Lamar d-riding is annoying I concede, I like me some Kendrick, but HTPAB was not a great album, and I guarantee it won't age all too well.

Last edited:
It's a sad sad day when you agree with that dudes album review

Im depressed

He is rarely off.

I disagree, I think his criticisms for a lot of rap albums are laughable and make it sound like he just skimmed through the songs. He takes the song titles and album concepts way too literally and his hipster/Kendrick loving self misses the point entirely on a lot of albums.

That all being said I've never seen him give an album a zero before, that's cold as **** :lol: my brother is a huge Cudi fan and told me he thought this album was trash as well

I don't always agree with Fantano's reviews, in fact most of the time I don't, but I think he's entertaining and explains his views well.

At the end of the day it's just an opinion. 

I disagree, I think his criticisms for a lot of rap albums are laughable and make it sound like he just skimmed through the songs. He takes the song titles and album concepts way too literally and his hipster/Kendrick loving self misses the point entirely on a lot of albums.

That all being said I've never seen him give an album a zero before, that's cold as **** :lol: my brother is a huge Cudi fan and told me he thought this album was trash as well

I don't think he skims through the songs at all, I just think he's overly-critical and preachy when it comes to subject matter.

When it comes to drugs, glorification of violence, the objectification of women, he'll go off on rants about how shallow, or mindless some of this music is and for the most part he's right at face value.

He's never going to review a Gucci Mane or a Fabolous tape let alone enjoy it the way I would.

When he gives an album that most enjoy a 5 or a 4, I don't necessarily see him being wrong, he's right. The music is shallow. A lot of rap is. The Weeknd doesn't really do anything profound and I LOVE the Weeknd.

People FLIPPED OUT about him giving Born Sinner a 5, and while Born Sinner was certainly not mindless trap rap or anything of that nature, some of Coles thoughts on the album are a bit convoluted.

Fantano pointing that out and penalizing Cole for that even though WE still enjoyed the album doesn't make him wrong. He voted the album a 5, I'd have given it a 6. The only artists that he's got his blinders on about are Death Grips and Kendrick Lamar.

Most of this album may be trash

but I'm all smiles 
rejoice.png

Im all smiles 
rejoice.png

Born Sinner deserved a 5 outta 10. That album was so damn boring & every beat sounded the same. Sounded like one long boring song. Truly Yours 1 & 2 wit a couple songs from Born Sinner shoulda been the real album. Glad Cole got back to form with Forest Hill tho

And im listening to the rest of the Cudi album, still don't hate it but that doesnt mean this album is good lol

Born Sinner deserved a 5 outta 10. That album was so damn boring & every beat sounded the same. Sounded like one long boring song. Truly Yours 1 & 2 wit a couple songs from Born Sinner shoulda been the real album. Glad Cole got back to form with Forest Hill tho

And im listening to the rest of the Cudi album, still don't hate it but that doesnt mean this album is good lol

Was an example, nothing more.

Can't think of Fantano really being egregiously off on any review. That said, I think this forum needs a Fantano/Big Quint/NT review thread.

I haven't watched a ton of Fantano reviews. The ones I have he usually says things that annoy me and piss me off, but then I realize his points are kind of spot on.... Lol

Was an example, nothing more.

Can't think of Fantano really being egregiously off on any review. That said, I think this forum needs a Fantano/Big Quint/NT review thread.

I kno i was just saying since i hate that album lol. I dont agree with alot of the scores he gives to some albums but at least his opinions are educated. If i like it then i like it & idc if he or any other reviewer does

Only times i take music reviews seriously is when im looking into artist or genres of music im not entirely familiar with. And ive learned that sometimes theyre not even good for that lol

I love posting Fantano reviews on NT and seeing everyone cry about it. Like him or not, he's got influence and is one of the most well-known online music critics.

Hopefully this album makes almost everyone realize that Cudi is awful and will never be good again. I think Miley Cyrus' thing was worse, but as far as releases this year, this is right down there with that. Nothing above a 2/10.

That all being said I've never seen him give an album a zero before, that's cold as ****
laugh.gif
my brother is a huge Cudi fan and told me he thought this album was trash as well

I don't think he skims through the songs at all, I just think he's overly-critical and preachy when it comes to subject matter.

When it comes to drugs, glorification of violence, the objectification of women, he'll go off on rants about how shallow, or mindless some of this music is and for the most part he's right at face value.

He's never going to review a Gucci Mane or a Fabolous tape let alone enjoy it the way I would.

When he gives an album that most enjoy a 5 or a 4, I don't necessarily see him being wrong, he's right. The music is shallow. A lot of rap is. The Weeknd doesn't really do anything profound and I LOVE the Weeknd.

People FLIPPED OUT about him giving Born Sinner a 5, and while Born Sinner was certainly not mindless trap rap or anything of that nature, some of Coles thoughts on the album are a bit convoluted.

Fantano pointing that out and penalizing Cole for that even though WE still enjoyed the album doesn't make him wrong. He voted the album a 5, I'd have given it a 6. The only artists that he's got his blinders on about are Death Grips and Kendrick Lamar.
Im glad you wrote this bc I've seen you support his reviews before and I honestly thought you were a legit stan of his. Im glad to see that it appears his reviews really dont affect what you would or wouldnt listen to. Respect

Most of this album may be trash

but I'm all smiles 
rejoice.png

Im all smiles 
rejoice.png
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is kinda what I come to expect from someone that tried to retire before he dropped his first album

Which Dude is TH/dAT dude Chris??????

1408.gif

Back
Top Bottom