[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

so 2 times through....trying to listen to this whole album in a sitting is difficult. Like there are some ok songs. Like if i put it on shuffle and Fusia Butterflies comes on i will leave it (i like that track). Or like confused. But the beats (if we are calling them that) as so rudimentary and loud and obnoxious. I just can't make it through more then 3 songs at a time.

You really have to try to find the lyrics while the terrible instrumentation beats you in the face. Hate to say it...but fantano is right :smh:

Cudi really thinks that he is a genius which doesn't sit well with me. Its one thing to put out the depressing album and say whatever it is what i was feeling at the time here it is. But he honestly thinks the album is super emotional and edgy.....sorry bro...the album is not good. I will still claim to be a fan because of what MOTM1 meant to me. But i can't rock with this

roll.gif
@iHust1e i seen him post in another thread awhile back and i was like "damn i need a new screen name"
laugh.gif

Its kinda like your name & @iHustle
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Theres a waitwut doppleganger too???

This should be a NT General post man.

Might make one when I come home tonight 
laugh.gif

:lol:

I mean hey....

Like I said, I enjoy a lot of albums he gives poor scores to.

Can't tell me son be off point with his analysis.

I just be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, **** sound good to me.

It's not an album you can just throw on and go party crazy anytime but once you do start playing it you can't stop

Last edited:
I love this album. Love. Minus the end but I take those as demos and bonus tracks but I dig it so hard

I don't know what I was expecting after hearing people say the music was "unbearable" I was expecting some Nick Cave ****. It's smooth, very simple but so is 99% of Bob Marley's music. Still can be good.

And I'm confused on the critique of songs sounding like bad versions of nirvana songs. I would like to know which songs sound like that and which nirvana songs is Cudi doing bad versions of. It sounds like when people said Yeezus were bad NIN/Death Grips songs and they didn't sound anything similar.

I start playing certain songs and repeat man. Just really good rapping on that album.

oh you're referring to TPAB, thought you were referring to Cudi's album.

you were referring to TPAB right? RIGHT!? FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD PLEASE TELL ME YOU WERENT TALKING ABOUT CUDIS ALBUM!!!

.....TPAB is cool I just don't view it as timeless. I don't go back to it they way I go back to GKMC or Cole's '14 FHD.

Last edited:
Wow.

Thoroughly disappointed in the direction Cudi has turned musically.

This album has some of the worst music I've ever heard in my life.

I'm befuddled that Cudi, the man who made MOTM1&2, was capable of creating such atrocious sounds.

Outside of the title track, this album is unlistenable from top to bottom.

I give this 0.5 out of 5 mics

Kid Cudi is a broken man, this is drinking in the dark by yourself music. Not for everyone but Cudi is dropping some gems lyrics wise

I wish ppl would stop trying to justify this album as being anything other than trash, I know we all got our opinions but seriously, y'all are really doing us a disservice by not keeping it real. If we don't let this man know how terrible this new wave is he'll probably keep it up....I wish this dude remembered that he has fans that are black

I wish ppl would stop trying to justify this album as being anything other than trash, I know we all got our opinions but seriously, y'all are really doing us a disservice by not keeping it real. If we don't let this man know how terrible this new wave is he'll probably keep it up....I wish this dude remembered that he has fans that are black
If you think its trash than pay no mind, artists aren't suppose to satisfy you, he clearly made this album for himself and those that can relate obviously you can't so it not for you so move along

If you think its trash than pay no mind, artists aren't suppose to satisfy you, he clearly made this album for himself and those that can relate obviously you can't so it not for you so move along

But this isn't true. He made it and wanted everyone to hear it and wanted his "fans" to have it. Like i would be more understanding if he did make this and say he was in a dark place so it is a reflection of that. But he is all on social media trying to sound dark and brooding and artistic. Like can it man

the complexity of scott mescudi
— The Chosen One (@KidCudi) December 7, 2015
Im strange [emoji]128579[/emoji]
— The Chosen One (@KidCudi) December 5, 2015

I am going to keep trying to like this album honestly. I feel like i need to be set up in the right situation. Like alone in my room chillen, thinking, and see how i absorb it

Back
Top Bottom