**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Just sit back and relax ya'll, it's going to be a process. There's going to be growing pains but it's all part of it.

Teams trap D'Lo in the high pick and roll all the time.
Yeah, and most of the time he doesn't know what to do with the rock. Dude averages 3 assists per game.
Huh

He's averaging 4.8
You sure you know the team in and out ?
Big difference there lol....one and a half assists, whoa

Your starting PG should be averaging 7-10 assists per game bro. Y'all can disagree with me all you want, but DLo is not a fit for this team and is not the one who will bring this team back to championship glory. 

By the way Jordan Clarkson is dating a Kardashian... So that whole Russell and distractions, and he's not Lakers material kind of falls by the wayside.

Either way, what kind of nonsense is this Laker material BS.

That whole Lakers don't need to be humbled is the reason they had back to back to back franchise worst seasons

I'm all about the process , but Dlo just ain't the one imo

For a #2 pick at the PG position in this modern era, I expect explosiveness and the ability to attack the basket and for Christ sake get by a defender without a pick. Not just some set shot 3s and pocket passes

Last edited:
You guys have to realize, we don't have much of value to trade for. And if we attempt to trade, other teams would fleece us and give us worse players for the short/ long run. The best we can do is have Luke develop the youngins for 2 years, trade one or two players within those years, and attract major free agents in the offseason. The season just started, give it time. Y'all talking out of your emotions getting beat by one of the best teams in the league tonight.

Again, are you concerned with now, or when these guys enter their mid-twenties?

I would like them to show progression on that end of the floor like they have on the offensive end. Otherwise they all won't be here in their mid-twenties cause we'll be terrible defensively.

I understand this is year 1 of Luke, but they're still having a lot of the same bad habits under Byron on that end is all.

Last edited:
There's like a handful of players that could "lead" a team to a championship. I don't think it's the end of the world if D'Lo can't.

By the way Jordan Clarkson is dating a Kardashian... So that whole Russell and distractions, and he's not Lakers material kind of falls by the wayside.

Either way, what kind of nonsense is this Laker material BS.

That whole Lakers don't need to be humbled is the reason they had back to back to back franchise worst seasons
Not true. Kendall Jenner is dating ASAP Rocky. Clarkson and Jenner were only rumored to be dating last summer and nothing has come of it since. 

As far as "Lakers material," if you don't already know then you won't ever know. Let's put it this way, Lakers management don't like hot-dogs.

Notice how Artest was tamed after he came on board? Notice how Rodman was waived when he couldn't get under control? Unless you're a super superstar like Kobe and Shaq, there's no room for wannabe Hollywood softies like Dwight Howard. Notice how Swaggy P all of a sudden came back down to earth and got serious after Luke and Mitch had a nice little conversation with him about his swaggylicious ways letting him know that he wouldn't last long in LA if he didn't start putting in work? It's funny how J.R. Rider didn't last but a year in Los Angeles...probably because he was too much of a hot-shot in the locker room. Hmmm....

Last edited:
You guys have to realize, we don't have much of value to trade for. And if we attempt to trade, other teams would fleece us and give us worse players for the short/ long run. The best we can do is have Luke develop the youngins for 2 years, trade one or two players within those years, and attract major free agents in the offseason. The season just started, give it time. Y'all talking out of your emotions getting beat by one of the best teams in the league tonight.
You make some good points...however, if Vlade comes calling and tells Mitch "I want DLo and some assets for Boogie", you'd have to think Mitch and Jim won't second guess themselves.

In today's NBA free agent landscapes when superstars are constantly joining other superstars, having Boogie and an emerging Randle will go a long way in attracting future star free agents.

Boogie doesn't seem like a player other players would run to play with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even though Boogie is playing more outside of the paint he and Randle seem like a match made in hell. Nance would be a much better fit if said trade were to go down.

Ingram is the key is believe, he has the highest ceiling of all our young guys and the one with the physical tools (soon as he improves that lower body strength) to affect the game in multiple facets.

There's like a handful of players that could "lead" a team to a championship. I don't think it's the end of the world if D'Lo can't.
And there's like a handful of franchises that have championship legacies, the Lakers being one of them.

My point is, DLo is a #2 pick whom I don't believe is star caliber. The Lakers are sorely lacking a star player who is a proven All-Star. DLo is arguably the best tradeable asset the Lakers have whom other teams may covet strictly because of his potential. The Lakers, IMO, want to win sooner than later instead of wait around 4-5 years for these young guys to develop. They can still keep a core of their young players (i.e, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Nance) but if they can WIN NOW and acquire a superstar, they need to take advantage if the opportunity arises instead of hoping that DLo will pan out.

Ehh the Timberwolves are 21st, we're 26th.. We're both 7th in Offense

Based on what?

View media item 2239258

Efficiency

Points is a misleading stat because teams play at different paces... Faster pace = more possessions. More possessions = more points.

Lakers 5th pace , Minny 22nd

Go check Opp FG%... Minny is 26th, we're the worst... And when it comes to OPP 3P% we're 4th, Minny 7th.

There is no time when you're Jim Buss with a deadline.

There is no time when you've been on a playoff drought going on 5-6 years.

There is no time when the Lakers are known for winnin' time.

You think the Lakers are willing to wait this out for another 4-5 years? You gotta be kidding me. They are stockpiling pieces so that they can have assets to TRADE for superstars which in turn will help facilitate the acquisition of top free agents. That's the Lakers recipe. Remember the Young Guns of the 90s aka George Lynch, Anthony Peeler, Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, etc? What happened to them? Oh yeah, they turned into Kobe, Glen Rice, and Shaq.

Thought you knew.

Dawg do you seriously wake up and just watch ESPN first take and take cliff notes from Screamin Stephen A Smith and post in here.

:lol:

Last edited:
Boogie doesn't seem like a player other players would run to play with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's popular opinion. But with certain investments comes a high degree of risk. You cannot discount the fact that Boogie is arguably the most skilled center in the game today. 

I'm sure if the Lakers bring him on board, there would be the utmost confidence that Luke and staff would get Boogie to buy into the program and the organization. There's a HUGE difference putting on a Kings jersey versus a Lakers jersey

If the Lakers were panicked about the timeline, they would have already traded all of them.

Why is that? They had little to no value last year.

Offseason they could have tried to package all of them for a name.... To attract another name.

They didn't. They instead signed veteran players to establish a culture for the young guys.

The ship has sailed for them trading Russell, Randle, Ingram or Clarkson

Last edited:

And there's like a handful of franchises that have championship legacies, the Lakers being one of them.

My point is, DLo is a #2 pick whom I don't believe is star caliber. The Lakers are sorely lacking a star player who is a proven All-Star. DLo is arguably the best tradeable asset the Lakers have whom other teams may covet strictly because of his potential. The Lakers, IMO, want to win sooner than later instead of wait around 4-5 years for these young guys to develop. They can still keep a core of their young players (i.e, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Nance) but if they can WIN NOW and acquire a superstar, they need to take advantage if the opportunity arises instead of hoping that DLo will pan out.
I believe this line of reasoning is why they have their eyes on 2018 and will not add long term salary this upcoming summer.

Boogie's problem all a long is his attitude towards the refs or whatever emotions he's going through.

Dude is like a modern day Rasheed Wallace :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom