**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Even though Boogie is playing more outside of the paint he and Randle seem like a match made in hell. Nance would be a much better fit if said trade were to go down.

Ingram is the key is believe, he has the highest ceiling of all our young guys and the one with the physical tools (soon as he improves that lower body strength) to affect the game in multiple facets.

This man knows the game.

I've been saying it all along....Russell hampers Ingram's development while Biggie's presence would allow Ingram and Randle to shine big time

Offseason they could have tried to package all of them for a name.... To attract another name.

They didn't. They instead signed veteran players to establish a culture for the young guys.

The ship has sailed for them trading Russell, Randle, Ingram or Clarkson

Or they couldn't package 3 largely unproven guys for anything of significance. Clarkson contract situation was a wrench as well. If the right deal came along they still could move one or a couple of them. That's if they continue to show improvement.

You guys have to realize, we don't have much of value to trade for. And if we attempt to trade, other teams would fleece us and give us worse players for the short/ long run. The best we can do is have Luke develop the youngins for 2 years, trade one or two players within those years, and attract major free agents in the offseason. The season just started, give it time. Y'all talking out of your emotions getting beat by one of the best teams in the league tonight.

Sounds like karma.

There is no time when you're Jim Buss with a deadline.

There is no time when you've been on a playoff drought going on 5-6 years.

There is no time when the Lakers are known for winnin' time.

You think the Lakers are willing to wait this out for another 4-5 years? You gotta be kidding me. They are stockpiling pieces so that they can have assets to TRADE for superstars which in turn will help facilitate the acquisition of top free agents. That's the Lakers recipe. Remember the Young Guns of the 90s aka George Lynch, Anthony Peeler, Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, etc? What happened to them? Oh yeah, they turned into Kobe, Glen Rice, and Shaq.

Thought you knew.

Dawg do you seriously wake up and just watch ESPN first take and take cliff notes from Screamin Stephen A Smith and post in here.

:lol:

I can't stand Stephen A.

I watch Undisputed

There's like a handful of players that could "lead" a team to a championship. I don't think it's the end of the world if D'Lo can't.
And there's like a handful of franchises that have championship legacies, the Lakers being one of them.

My point is, DLo is a #2 pick whom I don't believe is star caliber. The Lakers are sorely lacking a star player who is a proven All-Star. DLo is arguably the best tradeable asset the Lakers have whom other teams may covet strictly because of his potential. The Lakers, IMO, want to win sooner than later instead of wait around 4-5 years for these young guys to develop. They can still keep a core of their young players (i.e, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, Nance) but if they can WIN NOW and acquire a superstar, they need to take advantage if the opportunity arises instead of hoping that DLo will pan out.
I believe this line of reasoning is why they have their eyes on 2018 and will not add long term salary this upcoming summer.
Highly probable scenario.

This thread is hilarious.

Luke gets us off to a 500 start and some nice wins against some potential playoff teams.Dudes in here after winning on opening night were posting "Luke already a better coach than Phil Jackson" :lol:

Randle has a good game and dudes in here start saying "oh look mini Barkley" :lol:

Clarkson has a good game and dudes compare him to T-Mac :lol:

When any of the young guns have a bad game everyone loses their mind and goes into Kobe death stare mode and it's "trade everyone on the team" mode.

Last edited:
DLo-Randle play, beat GSW.

DLo-Randle sit, lose to GSW by 43, giving up 149.

*Will Smith shrug.jpeg*

This thread is hilarious.

Luke gets us off to a 500 start and some nice wins against some potential playoff teams.Dudes in here after winning on opening night were posting "Luke already a better coach than Phil Jackson" :lol:

Randle has a good game and dudes in here start saying "oh look mini Barkley" :lol:

Clarkson has a good game and dudes compare him to T-Mac :lol:

When any of the young guns have a bad game everyone loses their mind and goes into Kobe death stare mode and it's "trade everyone on the team" mode.

No middle ground :lol:

Boogie's problem all a long is his attitude towards the refs or whatever emotions he's going through.

Dude is like a modern day Rasheed Wallace
laugh.gif
True, but look what happened when Wallace (aka Boogie) was surrounded by a great coach who knew how to discipline his players and get them to buy into a system (Larry Brown aka Luke Walton), a young in their prime backcourt (Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups - think Clarkson and Young but on a much lower level), a solid young wing defender who could score with or without the rock (Tayshaun Prince, think Ingram/Deng), and a bruising beast of a rebounder who brought defense (Ben Wallace, think Randle). 

Led to a championship.

To think Boogie would resort to his old ways if he became a Laker is a mistake. Because if a great player is surrounded by a great culture and a great system, the player in turn transcends his own self and reaches even greater heights. 

Wallace is one example. Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest are others. 

Lakers can't trade guys like Moz and Deng til December 15. Stay tuned....
Mosgov has been good so far but the corpse of Luol Deng is an albatross right now for any potential deal.
I think Mozzie has been serviceable (definitely much better than the joke that was Roy Hibbert) but I believe any trade for Boogie would involve Moz as part of the package.

*Will Smith shrug.jpeg*
DLo sits, Lakers beat OKC, Ingram shines.

DLo plays, Ingram plays terribly, and OKC blows out Lakers.

The only games DLo scores 25+ against are teams with sorry PG's (see Sacramento last year, See Brooklyn Nets this year and last). What does DLo do against Curry, Lillard, CP3, and Kyrie?

I can play that nonsensical game of yours too 
laugh.gif

Well damn lol. Couldn't make it past the first half. 2nd night of a back to back with 2 starters out. And they were out for blood after the 20 point whoopin we put on hem a few weeks ago. We'll be aight

*Will Smith shrug.jpeg*

DLo sits, Lakers beat OKC, Ingram shines.

DLo plays, Ingram plays terribly, and OKC blows out Lakers.

The only games DLo scores 25+ against are teams with sorry PG's (see Sacramento last year, See Brooklyn Nets this year and last). What does DLo do against Curry, Lillard, CP3, and Kyrie?

I can play that nonsensical game of yours too :lol:  
This some of you guys have blinders on

And I never said trade everyone on the team :lol:... I feel we have a solid core and depth. A true superstar on the wing could take this team from an over achiever in the west, to a contender in the west. We have a lot of high value young guys on the roster and I think we could get the right guy at the expense of two players who haven't seen a lot of floor action during the 4th qtrs of close games....

Nick still ballin ainna, trust me :pimp:

Undisputed. :lol: :rofl:

Yeah....

Dude said that like it has the prestige of The Wire tied to it or something :rofl:

I'm so happy to sit back and not be the thread fire starter like Noble claims I am. Just been eatin popcorn with @franc enjoying these scorching takes. Hilarious :lol:

Last edited:
You guys have to realize, we don't have much of value to trade for. And if we attempt to trade, other teams would fleece us and give us worse players for the short/ long run. The best we can do is have Luke develop the youngins for 2 years, trade one or two players within those years, and attract major free agents in the offseason. The season just started, give it time. Y'all talking out of your emotions getting beat by one of the best teams in the league tonight.

Sounds like karma.
:rofl:
Straight up came in here from the rafters like Sting

Last edited:

You make some good points...however, if Vlade comes calling and tells Mitch "I want DLo and some assets for Boogie", you'd have to think Mitch and Jim won't second guess themselves.

In today's NBA free agent landscapes when superstars are constantly joining other superstars, having Boogie and an emerging Randle will go a long way in attracting future star free agents.
I'm sure they would take the trade and I would be ok with it. But would it vault us to championship tier? Nah, but we would be playoff contenders at least. Plus if I were to trade DLo to the Kings, I would only add Mozgov/Deng and a draft pick. Anything else would gut our team's youth movement.
But anyway, the baby Lakers have been a bit surprising with this start so far. Luke has done a good job with the player rotation. I think he's going to be our coach for at least 4-5 years and hopefully more.

Back
Top Bottom