[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I don't think a lot of people realize that. When fans say he could be our Pat Riley... we have a Pat Riley, essentially.

I for one would not have faith in Phil Jackson taking Mitch Kupchak's job. He's tried to do it before from his coaching chair, and his requests were never that great.

As much as I would love to have Phil be a part of our front office in some capacity, I'm not sure he has the traits that Riley-Bird have in terms of scouting players and inserting them into a system, especially one that isn't his.

If he and Mitch could work together, I'd be ok with that, but since that doesn't seem likely, then I don't have a problem with him going somewhere else and seeing how he does.

Phil has been a part of two franchises, and both of them were knee deep in turmoil amongst the front office and himself.

****, Jerry West bailed about 80 seconds after Phil came in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

meh.

No one that is available is better than Dantoni, and there is no point to make a change with this type of season looming next year as well.

However, if and when they go after K love, go get shaka smart or monty williams. someone like that.

Is English your 8th language or something?

You still said he wasn't better than your sugar daddy Mike.  That's a backwards statement no matter what little caveats you threw in there as a bailout.

Here, let me hold your hand.......

Nate McMillan
George Karl
Jerry Sloan
Monty Williams
Jeff Van Gundy
Stan Van Gundy
Byron Scott
Brian Shaw
Larry Brown
Rick Carlisle
Tom Thibbs
Coach K
Mark Jackson
Frank Vogel
Jason Kidd
Doug Collins

Lionel Hollins
David Fizdale
Fred Hoiberg
Ron Adams
Kelvin Sampson
Spurs coaches

Okay, what we're gonna do here is, we're going to take OUT, Thibbs, Carlisle, etc, because they won't actually be available. Coach K? Not leaving Duke.

Vogel and JVG? Staying put.

Ok, so now, what you can do is, re-read the rest of the names on that board. Consider where they are now, what they've done, their age, etc and do ANY of them look like better options than the coach we currently employ?????

The answer, is no.

You might pick Jerry Sloan. But he is 72 at the end of the month, and does not come close to a style that jives with today's NBA. That makes him a poor choice.
If he was 55 and the year was 1993, he'd be an excellent candidate.

Ya with me still?

Now, again, who "left over" is better than Mike D'Antoni as a head coach?

None of these.

There's a few complications to Phil.

1. He wants to be president of basketball operations. That is directly against what Dr. Buss wanted, he wanted Jeanie running business, Jim running basketball. That's why he groomed Jimmy for the basketball side before he died.
2. He won't coach
3. The reason Dr. Buss chose Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson (besides the want for a Showtime 2), is he was worried about problems between Jim & Phil, if Phil & Jeanie tried to strongman Jimmy out.

Last edited:
Added.

Still none of them better than Mike.

Monty would be my favorite of the list, and he's not exactly killing it.

Byron Scott would be next, meaning we'd be good for 2 years and then the team would revolt and he'd be gone.

None of them better than Mike??? Hahahaha

That's laughable. What Mike D juice you been drinking???.......lol

The Van Gundy not better. Really?
Coach K not better. Really??
Jerry Sloan not better. Really??
Thibbs not better. Really??
Larry Brown not better. Really??

At this point you're talking just to talk bro lol.
I'm glad to know that I don't have to take the things you say seriously anymore CP lol

roll.gif
 working hard to give cp a heart attack i see 

Added.

Still none of them better than Mike.

Monty would be my favorite of the list, and he's not exactly killing it.

Byron Scott would be next, meaning we'd be good for 2 years and then the team would revolt and he'd be gone.

None of them better than Mike??? Hahahaha

That's laughable. What Mike D juice you been drinking???.......lol

The Van Gundy not better. Really?
Coach K not better. Really??
Jerry Sloan not better. Really??
Thibbs not better. Really??
Larry Brown not better. Really??

At this point you're talking just to talk bro lol.
I'm glad to know that I don't have to take the things you say seriously anymore CP lol

He listed most of those coaches because they're in the business... then crossed them off because there's no realistic way we can get them right now. For the most part.

Except Larry Brown. He's just plain not worth it.

Last edited:
giving cp a taste of his own medicine :lol:

I would like to see a similar list of free agent centers this offseason........

Another thing about Phil (since this conversation about coaches is lacking reading comprehension)....

His draw for FA's isn't big as an executive. It is as a coach.

In comparison, Jerry West's draw as an executive to Free Agents is minimal. Reason we got Shaq was we were a big market offering much more money. Jerry West is a great executive because he makes smart moves, but his lure to Free Agents is meh.

If Phil doesn't want to coach, and coach for 4-5 years, there's no point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom