[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Wait till Adam Silver picks the ping pong balls. This place will explode

Insert Magic Johnson popcorn gif.

lombardiOMNOMNOM.gif

View media item 853434

I've given up on Bill Plaschke a long time ago, but his article yesterday is :lol:

If Lakers don't steal Phil from the Knicks (for whatever front office position, he kind of just assumes they create a position) then the Buss family should sell the team.

He ignores that Phil wants final decisions. And wants over $10mil a year.

The Buss family has no credit built up right now, and the largest shoes in sports history to fill.

All these writers/experts/hacks etc are going to be circling like sharks till Jim either wins, or sells.

Just how it's gonna be.

Sigh... Guy takes a $50mil extension from a franchise that'll make 10x that off of him over that two year span.

Not only that, but he only helped bring 5 rings to the franchise when he could've very easily went across the hall or taken his talents else where when the franchise surrounded him with the likes of Smush Parker and Kwame Brown....

Complacency at is finest this year amongst laker "fans"... Spoiled rotten I tell u

Gerald's finger situation is crazy tho, it's even crazier that it's his shooting finger, what's even more crazier is that Juvie been Ballin' Out Da Gym with that finger :smokin

Bazemore :pimp:

Reppin for ODU we gotta bring him back

Last edited:
The Buss family has no credit built up right now, and the largest shoes in sports history to fill.

All these writers/experts/hacks etc are going to be circling like sharks till Jim either wins, or sells.

Just how it's gonna be.

Not really fair because they've made a myth out of Dr. Buss.

Forgot who it was on Twitter, but they were going through the failures of coach hiring by Dr. Buss. Also has been mentioned on here sparingly.

Lakers had a grand plan after Dr. Buss died. Executed it, and it fell apart quickly. After that not much they could have done differently.

The Kobe deal sucks. Some say he should have been signed for 2 year $25mil, I actually think it's in the middle of what people think, and what he got. Would have still put us where we needed with enough space. They were stupid not to negotiate. But it isn't like they were left with nothing to put next to him. Regardless that's the mistake they made. That I don't agree with.

Other than that, not much else they could have done differently. Even if we wished they did. I wish they traded Pau for a first rounder, but the deal was never there. And only was there when we were still trying to squeeze out 1 final title.

We can all hindsight the Nash deal. In hindsight, yes it has been AWFUL. But at the time was a good deal. As much as Woj wants to play revisionist history, he was celebrating the deal the day after it happened. If Mitch or Jim or Jerry thought Nash couldn't be a better than average PG for at least 2 of the years before the trade, they would have never traded for him. But you can never predict what will happen. We can say "Well he's old, of course he will suck," I remember the year before he got here very well. He played all but 4 of the games in a lockout season that had teams playing back-to-back-to-backs and 4 games a week. He almost carried a squad of bums to the playoffs in the West (Lost it in the last 10 games, they went 4-6, Jazz went 7-3 and missed the playoffs by 3 games). Made Gortat look like an all-star. Nash was 12.5ppg, 10.7apg. .532/.390/.894. He did not show any signs that he was done for.

We could go further, Nash in the 50 games he played for the Lakers was pretty good actually. The reason it sucked was he missed 32 games. And when he came back, the injury still hindered him. Would have been in a different spot, if he misses 2 weeks instead of 2 months last year.

Last edited:
Sigh... Guy takes a $50mil extension from a franchise that'll make 10x that off of him over that two year span.

Not only that, but he only helped bring 5 rings to the franchise when he could've very easily went across the hall or taken his talents else where when the franchise surrounded him with the likes of Smush Parker and Kwame Brown....

Complacency at is finest this year amongst laker "fans"... Spoiled rotten I tell u

Sigh...

I would want the Lakers to give him $100 million for all he's meant to the franchise...

But the cost of the $50 million contract is not just $50 million. The cost is also the 40% of the team's salary cap space. It's the ability to build a team. The salary cap doesn't make exceptions for guys who have generated tons of revenue. They take up as much of the pie as anyone.

The Lakers fans who don't realize this are the ones I would call spoiled.

E, I brought up the coaching issues you alluded to with Jerry, but one thing he always nailed was relationship with his stars. He always got those right.

Second thing was his relationship with the league. So so savvy.

Not sure why he always struggled with coaching hires. But he did nail two with Pat-Phil.

E, I brought up the coaching issues you alluded to with Jerry, but one thing he always nailed was relationship with his stars. He always got those right.

Second thing was his relationship with the league. So so savvy.

Not sure why he always struggled with coaching hires. But he did nail two with Pat-Phil.

You're Definitely right.

The one thing though is the **** storm always hits at the perfect time. To be honest, it has been waiting for us for years.

Could things have been done differently? Of course, you can always do things differently.

But sometimes the **** storm is all powerful. The fact that very few reporters other than the obscure L.A. guys recognize it is kind of baffling.

Finally, the Dwight Howard gamble failed miserably. We are where we are because of it. But imagine the alternative to not trading for Dwight on a 1 year stop gap. Andrew Bynum is a max player for another 3 seasons after this one.

Last edited:
Sigh...

I would want the Lakers to give him $100 million for all he's meant to the franchise...

But the cost of the $50 million contract is not just $50 million. The cost is also the 40% of the team's salary cap space. It's the ability to build a team. The salary cap doesn't make exceptions for guys who have generated tons of revenue. They take up as much of the pie as anyone.

The Lakers fans who don't realize this are the ones I would call spoiled.

It's 2 yrs $50Ms man... 2 years of packed seats, 2 years of TV ratings, 2 years of top 3 jersey sales.... It's business man. A global one at that :lol:

If Kobe wants to eat up 90% of the payroll, cool b/c at the end of the day 2yrs of Kobe Ball is still more profitable than Rondo x Love x Kobe x KD x whoever else y'all wet dream of having on the roster next season :lol:

Last edited:
It's 2 yrs $50Ms man... 2 years of packed seats, 2 years of TV ratings, 2 years of top 3 jersey sales.... It's business man.

If Kobe wants to eat up 90% of the payroll, cool b/c at the end of the day 2yrs of Kobe Ball is still more profitable than Rondo x Love x Kobe x Love x KD x whoever else y'all wet dream of having on the roster next season :lol:

I'm not sure I've ever seen any other team hang on to a big name at such a high cost just so they can sell jerseys and tickets... at the obvious expense of building the team. That sounds like a bad basketball business decision.

The Lakers box office can't expect to sell out tickets for 2 years based on Kobe alone if the team sucks (which would be a direct result of his extension).

And not even negotiating Kobe down from $48 mil... just giving it to him... not quite sure that's good business either. :lol:

I'm not banking on landing any big star by the status of the Laker name. Doesn't mean they should just sink all the available money into Kobe.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I've ever seen any other team hang on to a big name just so they can sell jerseys and tickets... at the obvious expense of building the team. That sounds like a bad basketball business decision.

The Lakers box office can't expect to sell out tickets for 2 years based on Kobe alone if the team sucks (which would be a direct result of his extension).

And not even negotiating Kobe down from $48 mil... just giving it to him... not quite sure that's good business either. :lol:

Bro do u realize that the dude is a GLOBAL athlete? It's Kobe Bryant and LeBron James pimp... If u have either of those two in your pocket your franchise is GOOD financially.

There's a reason the nets signed Jason Collins to a 10 contract :lol:... Bihness :smokin

As a man, I respect Kobe for understanding the BIHNESS and saying look "I need this and it's not up for negotiation"... It's still cash left over to make the team decent in the offseason. Y'all just as greedy as y'all claim kobe is for wanting the man to play for a Journeyman contract :lol:

If we get the 1st or 2nd pick we'll draft Parker or Wiggins, meaning we dont go after Deng.

But we still need a PG and PF........whos out there???????

C - Gasol
PF - ?
SF - Bari/Wiggins
SG - Kobe
PG ?

If we dont get the 1st or 2nd pick and say we got the 3rd or 4th pick and we draft Exum, we can go after Deng
But we still need a PF

C - Gasol
PF - ?
SF Deng
SG - Kobe
PG - Exum

(i have no faith in Nash's health, i like the guy but its over)

Monroe? But if we sign him can we still get Love in 2015? Have Monroe play C. Im guessing if we resign Gasol it will be 2yr deal.

Ive never watched this much college ball but man anyone else a fan of Zach LaVine??? I got a feeling he's gonna be a stud. Since I havent seen Exum play, at this point i take LaVine over him.

The Lakers should try to draft James McAdoo in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
i thought it would make sense if he played the last 2-3 weeks before going into the summer, but its probably not ideal especially with this race to the bottom going on. then again, even with kobe, i think this team will still suck major balls...but if he played, this would probably result in a few wins here and there which ultimately, is not worth it.

i miss you kobe :wow:

Last edited:
I'm just hoping Bean gets completely healthy in the offseason, Achilles, knees, fingers, everything to splay up to that contract he signed. His final years should be a celebration. Don't want to see him go out being a shell of himself.

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]443780202377015296[/MEDIA]"]
Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA54s
In case you missed it -- and you probably didn't -- @KevinDing reported Kobe Bryant will miss the rest of the season. Like 15 hours ago.
shots fired at chris broussard :rofl:

[/quote]
:lol:

Woj loves throwing shots at ESPN.

I'm growing more and more disgusted by the minute with this ****. :smh:

The absolute irony in that they trade for old man Nash, thinking he will be "good enough" in his advanced age. Then, they see him have the weirdest, freakiest injury I've ever heard of, and struggle for 2 months to get back from it. Knowing, what a hard worker he is.

So he comes back this year, again, knowing what a hard worker he is, and 6 games into the season, Nash is dog meat.

They saw ALL this. They watched it, live.

Jump over to our franchise guy, not quite as old age wise, but older in terms of mileage, and equally hard worker, and coming off a WORSE injury than Nash.

Now, what did we learn from Nash? It's hard to come all the way back at an advanced age. Be REAL careful.

And they respond, how?

Damn near a blank check. :smh:

****. My. Life. :smh:

We have, absolutely, ZERO assurance that Kobe won't come back next year, exactly like Nash this year, 2 weeks in, and done, can't go no more. Body gives up. Not to even mention, since April 2013, to October 2014 he will have worked out VERY little. Maybe a month of actual, real basketball activity. Everything else has been rest, light jogging, some weight lifting, but no true, basketball level working like he's done for the past 17-18 years.

His body won't be able to just go all in for 36 minutes a night, ever again. 80 games, 30 minutes a night dreams are over. Asking him to try and play another month or two in the playoffs, unlikely. If he even makes it back, we'll be "thankful" to get 65+ games at maybe 28-30 minutes a night, at much lower production. Likely to make Wizards MJ look like 87-88 MJ. :smh:

And we pay him 50 million dollars in two years, instead of overhauling our team, and building for our future. :stoneface:

Un ******* acceptable.

An injury in April 2013 is going to lock us the **** up until 2016 is absolute HORRIBLE management. Complete, braindead failure. :smh:

And some ******* in here spewing tv ratings and ticket sales. Jesus Christ.

I'm just hoping Bean gets completely healthy in the offseason, Achilles, knees, fingers, everything to splay up to that contract he signed. His final years should be a celebration. Don't want to see him go out being a shell of himself.

I'm hoping Kate Upton keeps my side of the bed warm this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom