[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
from kobe's pov, its questionable but i guess it makes sense for his pocket

but from the lakers perspective? how does it make sense from a business stand point to not negotiate and pay full price?

B/c the money they'll end paying him is a low score in comparison to the money they'll make off of him. Same with Gasol, I'd be shocked if he leaves. Both them guys on the team puts a stronghold on European and Asian markets for the Lakers.

Who gonna fill those revenue needs if u don't at least lock Kobe in and ride his coat tails? Kevin Love? Rondo?

This is bigger than Niño Brown baby :pimp:

Last edited:
from kobe's pov, its questionable but i guess it makes sense for his pocket

but from the lakers perspective? how does it make sense from a business stand point to not negotiate and pay full price?

B/c the money they'll end paying him is a low score in comparison to the money they'll make off of him. Same with Gasol, I'd be shocked if he leaves. Both them guys on the team puts a stronghold on European and Asian markets for the Lakers.

This is bigger than Niño Brown baby :pimp:
so....offering him less making = more money for the lakers to keep? :lol:

As much as I dislike MDA

My question is this...what did the front office expect from MDA with this roster this season? How is firing him because of this roster his "fault?" If anything the entire medical should be fired with him, as well.

Kobe and his team of business men knew not to take less, what part of me tipping my hat to kobe for that are u missing?

U just quoted saying u understood it from Kobe's POV... So are u confused or are u confused? :lol:

If u watch the games u can see the upside in this team. The main thing missing from the roster is that ONE superstar. Healthy, bringing back a lot of the pieces and matching them with Kobe AND a free agent AND whoever they draft is a pretty decent start in rebuilding

What kind of free agent are you thinking though?

Next year, Kobe, Nash, and the rookie contract of (hopefully) a top pick is already $40+ million, very roughly.

That leaves $18 million to divide amongst the free agent AND the pieces from this year.

Some of these dudes have absolutely zero idea how to think ahead. :lol:

One superstar, "healthy" cuz at 36 that's going to happen.

And then a FA, from a now limited pool due to that ONE superstar contract

And then a 19 year old. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone please inform the rabbit that the rookie is for the future of the team, not next season. Rookie LeBron didn't make the playoffs. Rookie Shaq was like 41-41.
Rookie Kobe ain't help out. Rookie Durant ain't do nothin.

Rookie anybody won't flip us to a contender next year, the point of said rookie is to develop him over time, ala Bron, Durant, KOBE, etc so they can damage the league as they learn the NBA game of basketball.

And by the time that day comes for that rookie, Kobe's old *** will be gone.

If u watch the games

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Sheedism (he doesn't have insider info, just speculating) that maybe KLove could force his way to the Lakers this offseason because he's running out of options.

But it will definitely come at the expense of who we draft..

THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE

Last edited:
As much as I dislike MDA

My question is this...what did the front office expect from MDA with this roster this season? How is firing him because of this roster his "fault?" If anything the entire medical should be fired with him, as well.

No they are firing him because he couldnt figure it out with D12 & Pau. Also because the fans and media of the LA Lakers are like hungry lions right now
there needs to be some lamb for the slaughter. Sucks but it has to be him.

And MDA failed in coaching this year. I believe his inability to adjust his gameplan/play style/rotations earlier in the season lead to a lot of injuries and defensive breakdowns during games.

Seeing what certain players on this roster can do, a good coach should have no problem stepping in and putting these guys in positions to win games w/o running and grinding there bodies into the ground

@Sheedism (he doesn't have insider info, just speculating) that maybe KLove could force his way to the Lakers this offseason because he's running out of options.

But it will definitely come at the expense of who we draft..

THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE

I'm going to riot if this takes place.

**** everybody, I'm going to ******* riot.

Even joking about it is pissing me off. :lol:

So help me God......

I heard Steven A yesterday say a source told him MDA was gone. Hopefully it's true, getting this dude outta there would be the first step to improving this team. No it's not all on him but he's part of it. It's one thing to have a bad roster but the team plays with no effort way to often. Part of it is on the head coach.

I'm glad Kobe didn't let his pride get in the way, rest up and get ready for next year. :pimp:

Last edited:
Stop making up stuff in here lol ...you guys are gonna give yourselves brain aneurisms lmao

There is absolutely NO evidence of trading of a pick. This his how rumors start boys. Yeesh. Calm it down.

:smh:

YES

You are looking at Kobe's contract at face value....anytime you sign Kobe for any amount of money thats a good business move. Kobe moves more units than J**** Man lol

In the short term though.

Acquiring pieces for a good team and building a winner = longer term solution

Kobe's contract prevents them from working on the longer-term solution until after it's expired.

Kobe 25mil, let's say we get the number one overall pick at 4.5mil, the team has already expressed using a stretch provision on Nash at 3mil next season....

Are y'all arguing just to argue? :lol:

Trust that the FO is looking at each scenario just as much as the keyboard GMs in this thread :lol:

Also you cant blame Mike D for anything this year. You really cant. Look back in this thread when the season first started.
Mike D was getting praise in here for getting a bunch of D-Leaguers playing well. Until all those injuries happened.

Mike D has actually done a good job from keeping these players from absolutely giving up. EVERYBODY got hurt this year.
No way you can blame a coach for that. So many people were hurt we had to call up D-Leaguers to fill in for our original D-Leaguers lmao

Sometimes I think we forget what type of talent we really have compared to other teams.
There is no excuse for the defense being so putrid tho. You wont convince me otherwise. Thats ultimately why Mike D has to go and will never win post season

His great offense comes at the expense of his defense. Brilliant mind tho, i'll give D'antoni that.

Kobe needs to start begging Lebron.. Right now. Send him Vanessa. Send him the Kobe piano... Send him the Kobe Hellicopter. Send him the Kobe Pen. Send him the Kobe Steak. Send him the name rights to the KobeSystem and change it to the LeBronSystem.

:lol:

Again, all jokes. But seriously Kobe

Kobe and his team of business men knew not to take less, what part of me tipping my hat to kobe for that are u missing?

U just quoted saying u understood it from Kobe's POV... So are u confused or are u confused? :lol:
kobe and his team of business men never had a chance to say no. what part of no negotiations were made are you missing?

i said from his pov, its questionable. sure, make more money from the owners who make money off you. that was his main point...but now he wants to win games next year. how will this work with a limited cap?

In the short term though.

Acquiring pieces for a good team and building a winner = longer term solution

Kobe's contract prevents them from working on the longer-term solution until after it's expired.

Yes, that amount of money was simply stupid on the basketball side of business and I hate they did it, but overall the positives outweigh the negatives.

Listen, in these next 2 years there will be no late playoff runs. Thats just fact. There will be no long term affects of Kobe's contract seeing that there wont be anything
worth using the money for anyway. Actually Kobe's contract extension is more of a detriment to the short term.

So if we are going to be mediocre regardless you cant let the business side of the team slip as well. Kobe is still the golden goose in terms of global revenue he brings to the organization. Thats why he is really invaluable to The Lakers.

Tank watch

Denver @ Orlando... Come on B. Shaw show everyone the coach you are, not the coach you were thought to be.
Sacramento @ Philly.... If the Kings lose, I will start boxing up their **** and send it to Seattle.
New York @ Boston....
Dallas @ Utah

Back
Top Bottom