Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as Kobe is on the floor, the offence will always go as he does. at 37 combined with plans of rebuilding the franchise...i don't think it will be wise for them to offer him a contract after his current one is over

*cues avy*

Kobe can stay around for as long as he wants if he's willing to:
- Takes a player/coach role i.e. Russell/Tree Rollins
and accepts
- 1 yr deals for 3-5 per
- 20 mins a night as a backup to Russell/Clarkson

Kobe can stay around for as long as he wants if he's willing to:
- Takes a player/coach role i.e. Russell/Tree Rollins
and accepts
- 1 yr deals for 3-5 per
- 20 mins a night as a backup to Russell/Clarkson

Lol what???

Kobe backup?
$3-5 million?

Put down whatever you're smoking bruh.

Last edited:
Ugh someone please shoot Byron. I want him nowhere near the draft.

Or maybe I do. Let his losing aura permeate the building and bring us "losing" luck.

Byron bringing home that #1 pick. :smokin

Although I'd much rather prefer #4 and drafting D'Angelo.

While I understand Byron is the stop gap coach, and the lakers did it to appease the "casual" laker fan. I think it's short sighted considering they'd be firing there 3rd coach in like 6 years.

Need stability in a coaching position imo

The fortunate thing is that there's no unquestionable young star on the team whose development we have to worry about under Byron. Clarkson, Randle we don't know what will become of them yet.

There's no way they're firing a coach after 1 or 2 seasons AGAIN, no matter how much we want it

They want stability and a culture to be established

Stable culture of losing, or?????

Having Scott and his antiquated ways in the spread out, fast paced NBA does us zero good. However long he's here, we suck.

So they better figure that out and move on, quick.

They better, but they won't, it would be horrible for PR if they admit another failed coaching hire and have to pay out another coach for 3 yrs

They want consistency and stability now. Too bad Tibbs may get fired and we can't get him

Also a lot of the old school Lakers fans would be upset if we did Byron dirty, he's here for the long run unfortunately

I know there are bad coaches and good coaches, but the weighted factors still swing in favor of the players on the court.  Byron ain't anything special but he was put in an obvious rebuild/ garbage situation.  If Thib gets fired, he might be a qualifying candidate.

What you don't want to see are 'talented' players under a coach who can't lead (i.e. MDA).  The whole organization fails if they cannot get the GM, COACH, and VISION on the same page.  This is SO COMMON SENSE it's funny how mgmt disregards this.  Putting all your eggs into orchestrating a particular offense (nash / dantoni) was not a smart move either, especially throwing in D12 into the mix.  What a waste of talent!

Seeing the decline was terrible.  This franchise could've won like 9 championships or something.  I guess it's the price you pay when you have egos involved.

Last edited:

I know there are bad coaches and good coaches, but the weighted factors still swing in favor of the players on the court.  Byron ain't anything special but he was put in an obvious rebuild/ garbage situation.  If Thib gets fired, he might be a qualifying candidate.

What you don't want to see are 'talented' players under a coach who can't lead (i.e. MDA).  The whole organization fails if they cannot get the GM, COACH, and VISION on the same page.  This is SO COMMON SENSE it's funny how mgmt disregards this.  Putting all your eggs into orchestrating a particular offense (nash / dantoni) was not a smart move either, especially throwing in D12 into the mix.  What a waste of talent!

Seeing the decline was terrible.  This franchise could've won like 9 championships or something.  I guess it's the price you pay when you have egos involved.
That team with MDA never was healthy. I think the starting five played a total of 7 games together. I always hear people say MDA had so much talent, but they disregard the whole team was hit hard with injuries. Also they were very top heavy, meaning their depth was extremely lacking. 

Also Howard is one of the most efficient pick and roll players in the league. It made total sense to pair him up with Nash and D'antoni. The issue is he doesn't want to be that pick and roll big for some reason and rather post up where he's extremely inefficient. The stats on nba.com back this up. 

I'll go out on the limb and say losing Howard was the best thing for this franchise and we'll see that in the near future. They needed to rebuild. 

Last edited:
While I understand Byron is the stop gap coach, and the lakers did it to appease the "casual" laker fan. I think it's short sighted considering they'd be firing there 3rd coach in like 6 years.

Need stability in a coaching position imo
IMHO, Mitch is trying to put a lot of emphasis on this draft as it'll make and or break the next season or so.  Mitch and Management probably wants to just bring in players they feel will succeed and find the coach they think will work.  This is just saying they will find a coach 'supplement', or 'back fill'.  Basically a generic coach.  Judging by it, they are using BS as a scapegoat coach as obvious and will trully RESET (ctrl + alt + del) when Mr. Colorado leaves.  That's the true crash and burn, that's the true capitulation.  Marc Jackson can easily sway the young bucks with his jesus talk, thibs will be great too.  Not too sure bout 'college' coaches trying the NBA gig, but the Lakers will probably try 'nab' an assistant coach of another team.  

I just don't wanna see recycled dudes like Gentry, Shaw, Woodsoon.  Maybe BECKY HAM at the helm or PAT SUMMERALL. hahahha

That team with MDA never was healthy. I think the starting five played a total of 7 games together. I always hear people say MDA had so much talent, but they disregard the whole team was hit hard with injuries. Also they were very top heavy, meaning their depth was extremely lacking. 

Also Howard is one of the most efficient pick and roll players in the league. It made total sense to pair him up with Nash and D'antoni. The issue is he doesn't want to be that pick and roll big for some reason and rather post up where he's extremely inefficient. The stats on nba.com back this up. 

I'll go out on the limb and say losing Howard was the best thing for this franchise and we'll see that in the near future. They needed to rebuild. 
Yeah.  But do you remember the games when Pau and Howard did so well?  How can you let 2 BIGs of that caliber go outta whack to where you lose draft picks, morale, and the 2 BIGS themselves?  They lost Gasol, lost Howard.  As we all know, they made some bad decisions, but I just hope THEY LEARN from it.  

Last edited:
why_not_zoidberg__by_nogard00-d5523p1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom