Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have the testicular fortitude to go head-to-head.

Russell does wear 0 because "0 people can guard him" so....
pimp.gif
I love the kids game we need a player like him so bad 

So you're telling me they'd pass on okafor at 2 to take mudiay even though we have a gaping hole at center?

Unless they have gasol or dj in their sights and mitch sees mudiay as a game changer...I dunno....

So you're telling me they'd pass on okafor at 2 to take mudiay even though we have a gaping hole at center?

Unless they have gasol or dj in their sights and mitch sees mudiay as a game changer...I dunno....

Okafor is a great center for an NBA that doesn't exist anymore. Unless you're the Grizzlies lol

[quote name="cleansneaksonly21"][quote name="vindeezy"]So you're telling me they'd pass on okafor at 2 to take mudiay even though we have a gaping hole at center? [/quote]Okafor is a great center for an NBA that doesn't exist anymore.[/quote]Well put. That's exactly how I've felt watching him.

Okafor may be a 'great offensive player that didn't exist in this NBA' ...whatever that means....fact is he could potentially be an offensive juggernaut that ends up having ok to decent defense. That's still unstoppable.
Shaq didn't have exceptional defense and he sucked at free throws. But he was able to change the game offensively with his size like no one ever. Not saying Okafor will reach Shaq heights, but let's not front on the boy like he can't be a potential every year all star. No way you take anybody over Okafor not named Towns.

Shaw came on the league in 92, 23 years ago.

That's not today's NBA.

Okafor would have been great in 92.

That's not today's NBA.

Okafor is great for an NBA that doesn't exist anymore.

Shaw came on the league in 92, 23 years ago.

That's not today's NBA.

Okafor would have been great in 92.

That's not today's NBA.

Okafor is great for an NBA that doesn't exist anymore.

Boogie says hi.

[quote name="cleansneaksonly21"][quote name="vindeezy"]So you're telling me they'd pass on okafor at 2 to take mudiay even though we have a gaping hole at center?
Okafor is a great center for an NBA that doesn't exist anymore.[/quote]Well put. That's exactly how I've felt watching him.[/quote]

Knicks, Grizz and to some extend the Spurs still (I blame them for starting the 1/4 1/5 pick and roll every time up the floor to beat the Lakers those years with Pau)

Last edited:
Kevin Love struggling on a legit team after dominating for a crap team says hi to Boogie.

Last edited:
You guys ever think about how it would be if you were a fan of a different team and were involved in a different thread with other NT'ers? :lol:

Like, how would it be? Would their be jokes, arguments, gifs, etc the same way we have as Laker fans? Or would it just be dull basketball talk only?

I sometimes wonder if other fan bases in S&T have the same cohesion or "brotherhood" we have here. I pop my head into the Knicks thread sometimes and am just like whoa, the vibe here is totally different... Maybe it's because they suck so bad :lol:

Idk. Just a random thought/question :lol:

It's city, too.

Those guys are New Yorkers. They live a diff life than we do on the West. Hence, diff in vibe, way they view things, etc.

It's city, too.

Those guys are New Yorkers. They live a diff life than we do on the West. Hence, diff in vibe, way they view things, etc.

No slander of New York allowed.

Unless it's the Knicks, Mets, Jets or Giants.. Then proceed.

There's a few reasons why they like Mudiay over Okafor

1. You need an above average to Elite PG to succeed in the NBA, specifically the West (In no particular order: Paul, Bledsoe/Knight, Curry, Lillard, Westbrook, Parker, Conley, Rubio, Lawson, can throw in Harden in there as well, he's a PG in the same way LeBron is).
2. Okafor is a 1 side of the court player. While I think Randle will end up as a net 0 defender (doesn't help, doesn't hurt) putting Okafor next to him is a bad idea.
3. Towns is # 1 because he's the best player, and most complete player. We could potential draft Towns, and then go after a Gasol or a DJ and not force anybody to miss minutes in terms of those 3.
4. You only need a decent center to be successful. And every year you could get a decent one in Free Agency. There's a handful this year. And if we want in 2016 we could potential chase KD + Whiteside with all the money we will have.

Okafor is not a needed commodity for the Lakers. Especially with Cap Space + A few Young pieces. Getting a PG if Towns is off the board is better than Okafor and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. That's how you end up rebuilding for more than 5 years because you waste picks on guy you know don't fit together.

Last edited:
LOL. Drafting a PG? Dumbest decision ever ****** PGs can't do crap.  I have no IDEA why guys, fans, and ownership love fading blue prints.  LOL  Jim still trying to act like his plan works.  YEAH RIGHT.  Mudiay is a legit bust, he's like the GREG ODEN of basketball, much like Rubio.  Guys that camp overseas are suspect, and this is a fact.  I'd take a big any day, most GMs would too, not sure what Mitch is thinking.  SILLY WABBITS.

In light of the emergence of Meyers Leonard and C.J. McCollum, Robin Lopez, Wes Matthews and/or Arron Afflalo anyone? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom