Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 2m2 minutes ago
Lakers were "somewhat underwhelming" in presentation with DeAndre Jordan, sources. DJ felt Lakers had been on "whirlwind" last 24 hours.

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 57s58 seconds ago
Lakers had talks with 2 players, LaMarcus Aldridge Tuesday night at 9:01 p.m, flew to DC to meet Greg Monroe, flew back to LA to meet DJ.

Last edited:
DJ "underwhelmed"?

Alright, what the hell are these guys doing? They've had MONTHS to prepare for these talks, wtf?

You guys should sign Josh Smith, bring back Ariza and call it a day.

On a sidenote:

I never, EVER, want to read in this thread again that it's a good idea to offer these aging superstars a big contract to show other potential players that we'll take care of them in the end. Yeah, **** all that noise. It is ALWAYS about us first. No one should ever be bigger than our brand.

Midas well have them walk into an empty room with nobody present and just have the free agent pop the tape and watch a video presentation.. What's the point of them being there? Lol

I'm cool with giving out short contracts. Let these dudes develop. Next year Kobe retires. We can have cap room to sign 2 max players with the cap going up. Two top free agents want to team up they can come here. I'm thinking that's a possibility or is that scenario not realistic?

. I'm happier with our current team on paper then i was the past few years. Even if that scenario is wishful thinking I'm cool with a project ,which this is.

Last edited:
On a sidenote:

I never, EVER, want to read in this thread again that it's a good idea to offer these aging superstars a big contract to show other potential players that we'll take care of them in the end. Yeah, **** all that noise. It is ALWAYS about us first. No one should ever be bigger than our brand.

:wink:

I don't even know what to believe any more. Hell twitter was saying Green talks with GS broke down then 2 hours later he has a 5 year deal with them.

Until I see those players holding up another jersey, we still have a shot.

I don't really care who the hell we sign anymore to be honest. D'Angelo, Julius and Jordan are the future; so at least we have those three going for us.

It's not so bad guys if you look at the bigger picture. We will strike out, we'll be frustrated that some players won't want to come to LA; and of course we'll feel like the front office is inept, but in the end the future is bright no matter how you look at it.

The Lakers will be relevant again, its just going to take a LOT of patience and belief from some of you :lol: :smokin

This is a complete ship show, so embarrassing for the Lakers

Fail after fail
Heads gotta roll for this
I guess our presentations only impress guys like Melo who don't care about winning

Last edited:
:rofl:

Even DJ was underwhelmed by the presentation? What the hell did this FO do? Did they show the same presentation to Aldridge, and DJ? What a joke :lol:

This just really signifies the end of the Lakers aurora in Free Agency.

When in the past Lakers could get away with being a brand name, the game has changed since then. Nobody is joining a team anymore just because the name on the front, as sad as it is.

It is a tough pill to swallow, especially if you've spent the last few years clearing space and waiting for this big moment.

What has happened is now in the past, what I really worry about is whether they learn from this.

Next year will be another year where we'll have a ton of cap space, and presumably (although I wouldn't count on it) Kobe retiring. Are they going to be ready to present the vision of the Lakers moving forward? Or are they once again going to rest on their past achievements with the tagline "Are you going to be the next person to carry on this Lakers Tradition?"

I also think a big key to next year will be the progression of our picks, they really don't understand the pressure that is on them. If they do well, and put up a good fight throughout the year and show glimpses of greatness, the Free Agents will come, they will at least look at the Lakers as a team that is on the right path. If they sputter and look underwhelming, then we really going to need that one player who says I'm gonna bring this Franchise back to its glory.

Regardless, today has been quite eye opening, lets hope if us fans can see it our front office can as well. Like I mentioned earlier, Lakers bucked tradition by picking Russel, they need to start really looking towards the new age of basketball in respects to recruitment.

Whatever happens happens, we've been through two years of absolute inept play, this year can't be worst. If the Lakers someone pick up Jordan or Aldridge or even Harris, the mood will change quickly, we just need that tipping point, once we tip its on. Let's hope it comes sooner rather than later, finally Go Lakers!

Who was the guy who claimed to be friends wtih DJ's agent's daughter and has been able to hang out with him. The guy said DJ specifically hates the Lakers. It was an NTer in this thread  :lol:

There was also an article I saw earlier this year where it talked about how Aldridge hated the Lakers as a kid or something of that nature. Can't remember where I saw it though. 

Oh thats me. My homegirl dad is his agent.

Do we really need any of these dudes tho? Seriously.

What good is LaMarcus gonna do for Randles development? What good would be have done for us in the western conference playoffs? What good would DJ be in 4th quarters when everyone hack-a-deandres us and we watch him go 4-27 from the line?

Plus you guys are acting like there's no trade deadline next season, or that theres no chance for us to get better next free agency.

This rebuild is long term man, we ain't gonna win a chip this season so why waste our whole cap space on players that really wouldn't make a difference?

I really don't see it as that much of a loss for us to strike out on these dudes.

We need greatness, not above average players for LeBron James type money. We're better off waiting for better opportunities.

Who was the guy who claimed to be friends wtih DJ's agent's daughter and has been able to hang out with him. The guy said DJ specifically hates the Lakers. It was an NTer in this thread  
laugh.gif

There was also an article I saw earlier this year where it talked about how Aldridge hated the Lakers as a kid or something of that nature. Can't remember where I saw it though. 
Oh thats me. My homegirl dad is his agent.
Boom. We got the inside scoop guys. 

What good is LaMarcus gonna do for Randles development? What good would be have done for us in the western conference playoffs? What good would DJ be in 4th quarters when everyone hack-a-deandres us and we watch him go 4-27 from the line?

Plus you guys are acting like there's no trade deadline next season, or that theres no chance for us to get better next free agency.

This rebuild is long term man, we ain't gonna win a chip this season so why waste our whole cap space on players that really wouldn't make a difference?

I really don't see it as that much of a loss for us to strike out on these dudes.

We need greatness, not above average players for LeBron James type money. We're better off waiting for better opportunities.

In a perfect world, no we wouldn't need these players, we'd let our draft picks grow and evolve into future Aldridges, and future Westbrooks and what not, however this isn't a perfect world, and although they've committed to rebuild, these Lakers want to speed that process up.

Two things come up though, first star power attracts other star powers, so we may not need Aldridge or Marc Gasol, but we might need the players they can help bring us in. And Secondly whether we needed them or not, we tried to get them, and looks like we tried aggressively, and it also looks like we failed. That perception is bad, it doesn't look good on your management, and that doesn't help us picking up that future great player.

I'm with you in the sense that after Marc Gasol said he's staying in Memphis, these other players to me aren't great, would I like to have them of course i'd love nothing more than having Aldridge or Deandre. However, it just looks really bad that we made a strong effort and are getting snubbed for the second year in a row, players question what is really happening.

Goods speech I'll save it to repost after next summer.

Goods speech I'll save it to repost after next summer.
Deandre fits perfectly with Russell and Randle. He would make a world of difference for this team.

Aldridge doesn't fit as well, but he's an elite talent that would attract other guys to come. You can't solely rely on 1-2 year players to get free agents. That's why we do somewhat "need" these guys. To attract others with them. Also we need Randle, Clarkson, Russell, and to a lesser extent Black to develop really well and develop fast. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom