Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get it done Mitch, trade everything but the kitchen sink and J6ix
smokin.gif
Man, that's tough.

Julius is all potential, but we KNOW what DMC is, and it's WILD impressive.

And I chose those words intentionally; impressive most times, and sometimes wild. 
laugh.gif

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.

I think ultimately, I'd stick wit Julius, because I've seen nothing from him that would suggest a future with any sort of locker room/sideline problems, and I think far more important of an intangible than people realize.

we've been talking about getting assets and somehow making a harden esque trade if presented. who would it take for you guys to start entertaining that idea? (i'm not really sold on the idea of grabbing cousins if he's available but i think that trade is in line with the harden one)

we've been talking about getting assets and somehow making a harden esque trade if presented. who would it take for you guys to start entertaining that idea? (i'm not really sold on the idea of grabbing cousins if he's available but i think that trade is in line with the harden one)

For both the Top 5 and Julius Randle?

Anthony Davis. Only.

Why just Anthony Davis? Because I'm not an idiot.

It's an absolute waste. Not to mention the Kings are not trading him and Randle + Top 5 is not enough.

And that's not to say Cousins is not a Top 15, Top 20 player ( I put 20 because he's safely there), and I would be 100% on the Cousins train if he was a Free Agent. But the Top 5 & Randle for Cousins (which is not enough the complete the deal) is legitimately a lateral move.

A bunch of bums with a **** ton of injuries won 7 less games in an 82 game season than a Cousins led team. I'd rather go the cost controlled route for the same exact team. And before we pull he missed 23 games (which is valid), he had pretty much the same stats and better efficiency season and won 28 games in 2013-14 as well.

6-17 without him (.268 win %), 23-36 (.389 win %) with him. Had he played the 23 games, they would have been 32-50. Congrats, they would have been 12th seed instead of the 13th seed, and a solid 12 games from a tie for the 8th seed.

And eeeeeeeeeven then what does that trade even do for the Kings? They get nothing out of it.

Last edited:
Report: Kings not interested in trading DeMarcus Cousins
Brett Pollakoff May 1, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
10 Comments

Despite the storied history of the Celtics franchise and the one owned by the Kings that is just as strong in a losing direction, the two teams find themselves in very similar situations.

While Boston indeed made the playoffs this season and the Kings were a far cry from doing so in the West, the Celtics finished the year six games under .500, and really aren’t any closer to contending for a title than Sacramento is.

The difference between the two teams is that the Kings have a legitimate All-Star player in DeMarcus Cousins, and while his attitude and demeanor have been somewhat horrific at times, his averages of 24.1 points 12.7 rebounds make him one of the games best big men from a talent perspective.

That explains the report that Boston would be interested in trading for Cousins. But at least at this point, the Kings have no desire to see their mercurial center play anywhere else.

From Bill Herenda of CSN Bay Area:
The Kings want to make a playoff run next season with DeMarcus Cousins as the centerpiece of the franchise, league sources told CSNCalifornia.com.

This was in response to a report earlier that the Celtics would dip into their vault of future first round draft picks and try to make a run at trading for Cousins this summer.

But just like Sacramento, Boston is not a place where All-Star caliber free agent talent willingly chooses to sign. The Celtics know this, and that’s why they’re doing the smart thing by trying to trade for an All-Star with multiple years left on his deal, someone they might be able to convince to re-up there by building a winning team around him.

The Kings hope to do exactly that, and even if they were potentially interested in dealing Cousins, they can drive the price up by putting it out there that they have zero interest in doing so.

It's as if he has 3 years left in his contract, and can only leave Sacramento before then if Sacramento chooses to send him out.

Last edited:
Let me add one more thing in a separate post about Cousins...

I would trade for him under strict circumstances.

We have 3 main assets at this point: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson & Whoever the Top 5 will be.

They can have 1, and any other thing they want except for the 2 other main assets.

I.e. if they wanted the Top 5, they could have the Rockets Pick, the 2nd Rounder, Ryan Kelly, Tarik Black, Nick Young just for DeMarcus Cousins.. But Jordan Clarkson & Julius Randle would have to be untouchable in that scenario. If they wanted Randle, then Clarkson & Top 5 is off limits.

But stacking up the Top 5, Julius Randle, and Clarkson (because they would want Clarkson) is just a bad move.

It's why even talking about this hypothetical is pointless. Because he isn't available, and if he was, he'd cost everything we have.

Remember the assets Houston gave to OKC were not great. Kevin Martin + Jeremy Lamb + a # 12 pick. And it did not work out for OKC. That will factor into Kings making a move, they will not just accept any 1st round picks.. Because if they are a bunch of mid 1st Rounders, they can't do anything with it.
Also remember the assets the Cavs gave for Kevin Love are better than a Top 5 & Randle. And it still may back fire. Cousins has 3 more years under the team's control. He isn't getting traded, if he ever does until at the earliest the 2016-17 Deadline.

Last edited:
Remember the assets Houston gave to OKC were not great. Kevin Martin + Jeremy Lamb + a # 12 pick.
I somewhat disagree.

While it was a downgrade it was still a solid return because Martin could provide scoring, Lamb has potential and the pick was likely a lottery pick (which it became).

Boogie and AD averaged the same pts per last season if I'm not mistaken. Same steals... AD shot better and got more blocks. Boogie grabbed more boards, got to the line more and dished out more assists per game.

Anthony Davis and Boogie are 1A/1B as far as big men in the league right now aint no way around it. Get it done Mitch, and J6ix not gonna have to go no where w/ Rondo hitting the market at bargain bin price.

For those of us on Twitter: how much do you trust Arye Abraham? That kid seems to know **** really early.

Boogie and AD averaged the same pts per last season if I'm not mistaken. Same steals... AD shot better and got more blocks. Boogie grabbed more boards, got to the line more and dished out more assists per game.

Anthony Davis and Boogie are 1A/1B as far as big men in the league right now aint no way around it. Get it done Mitch, and J6ix not gonna have to go no where w/ Rondo hitting the market at bargain bin price.

:lol: No he's not the same tier of player as Anthony Davis. Also Anthony Davis brings 0 problems off the court.

I also don't think you get the idea of trades being two sided. You keep saying Get it Done Mitch, when the Kings are not even willing to trade him.

for conversational purposes, this is what houston traded for harden:

After failing to agree on a contract extension with the Thunder, Harden was traded to the Houston Rockets, along with Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich, and Lazar Hayward, for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks and a second round pick.

taken from wikipedia. not sure what the protections on the picks were, though.

I also don't think you get the idea of trades being two sided. You keep saying Get it Done Mitch, when the Kings are not even willing to trade him.

He keeps saying he's schleep so maybe that's why he can't understand this concept.

As great as Boogie is he has his problems, and they put a limit on what you pay for him. If you even get the chance to go after him in the first place, that is.

Last edited:
Dang it, I missed the Jimmies being rustled in here.

With the new Kings owner being basically a bumbling idiot, you can't say its not possible. What are the Kings management team supposed to say? "of course he's not available" :wink:

You OFFER it the day after the lottery, if they say no to #2-5 + Julius, cool.

But to get a player like DMC(who is under contract) can alter EVERYTHING.

Completely worth the price of losing #2-5 IMO

The Celtics can and will offer more so most likely thats where he'll be IF traded. :smh: :x

Last edited:
No I can say it's not possible. At least currently it isn't. Down the line, maybe the last year of his contract, then it's possible. Or come 2016-17 deadline if they have over a year with Karl, and it isn't working between the two.

But I'm eternally grateful guys like you are not Mitch Kupchak. Top 5 + Julius Randle (which will not be enough to get the deal done) is insanely idiotic. You legitimately start over at zero. Because when they ask for Clarkson to be included.. You are a worse team next season. And going forward. I'll take the 3 players that cost half of Cousins, who while a Top 15-20 player, has still yet to lead a team to 30 wins.

You tell me why he'd be available this summer... Under what possible reason would the Kings make him available? And don't give me the bumbling idiot excuse because that doesn't translate to anything.

Last edited:
You don't know what is going on in the inner workings of the Sac Kings nor the Lakers. You're speculating like the rest of us. It's been well documented that Boogie is a headcase and even though they have control of him contractually, he and them may just be tired of each other. Whether we or the Celtics have enough to make it intriguing for the Kings to entertain the possibility won't be determined until after the draft lottery at the earliest, if we end up with a top 2 pick, it's in play. 

for conversational purposes, this is what houston traded for harden:

After failing to agree on a contract extension with the Thunder, Harden was traded to the Houston Rockets, along with Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich, and Lazar Hayward, for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks and a second round pick.

taken from wikipedia. not sure what the protections on the picks were, though.

The contract extension thing is BS though. They still had his rights as a RFA, and could match any offer. So they could have said ok. We'll just match you when you hit RFA. Instead they treated him like he was an unrestricted Free Agent in his last year, and was going to leave.

They traded him because they didn't want to be a tax team. And even had they kept him, could have held on for a few years until tax became a problem.

And thought they could do just as well without him.

And alas we have the worst trade in the past decade.

Last edited:
You don't know what is going on in the inner workings of the Sac Kings nor the Lakers. You're speculating like the rest of us. It's been well documented that Boogie is a headcase and even though they have control of him contractually, he and them may just be tired of each other. Whether we or the Celtics have enough to make it intriguing for the Kings to entertain the possibility won't be determined until after the draft lottery at the earliest, if we end up with a top 2 pick, it's in play. 

i mean tho... :lol:

He's obviously not a fan and it blinds him.

First of all, that HAD to sign him to that contract just in terms of asset protection, which idiot lets a 24/12 a night player walk without the max offer?

He could be tired of them, they could be tired of him, who the **** knows.

But to say it's worth up for discussion..

View media item 1519228

Last edited:
Randle + Top 5 pick = 6-7-8-9 million a year for next 3 years.

DMC = 15-16-17 each year for next 3 years.

You can build talent around the 2 kids with all those savings.

Not happenin with Cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom