Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This meeting is to possibly try and offer them trading Ed Davis to the Blazers for RoLo, then LMA can play the 4 with his buddy as the 5. Then, how do the Lakers build/grow from there, with RoLo, LMA, Russell, Randle, Clarkson, + cap space for 2 max players next year and beyond.

That's what they are trying to sell, without all the TV and LA stuff they pitched last night. Just basketball, and what they will do in the future around LMA to make him happy in the post Kobe era.

This meeting is to possibly try and offer them trading Ed Davis to the Blazers for RoLo, then LMA can play the 4 with his buddy as the 5. Then, how do the Lakers build/grow from there, with RoLo, LMA, Russell, Randle, Clarkson, + cap space for 2 max players next year and beyond.

That's what they are trying to sell, without all the TV and LA stuff they pitched last night. Just basketball, and what they will do in the future around LMA to make him happy in the post Kobe era.

While I think a lot of us would like that. It ain't happening :lol:

Yeah it doesn't add up even if he wanted to be here, or wanted to save face. Neither reason makes sense.

There is no face to save.

It's not logical to take a 2nd meeting and make us look worse without seriously being interested.

HE WANTS TO BE HERE.

Last edited:

It will be a #27 or later pick.. It is not worth it.

Even a worse idea than Lin. By 100 times.

At least with Lin, you had a guy in his mid-20s to see what he has.
He was an all-star 2 years ago before he got hurt and the Warriors found that Draymond fit their system better.  An all-star + 1st round pick for nothing is still better than doing nothing at all on the offseason.
Agreed.  The Lakers definitely should do this deal.

LMA like: " What y'all bumbling idiots gonna put around me so i don't have to be stuck living in San Antonio for 4 years?"

I'm from San Antonio, I can say that from extensive experience.

LOL
happy.gif

It will be a #27 or later pick.. It is not worth it.

Even a worse idea than Lin. By 100 times.

At least with Lin, you had a guy in his mid-20s to see what he has.

He was an all-star 2 years ago before he got hurt and the Warriors found that Draymond fit their system better.  An all-star + 1st round pick for nothing is still better than doing nothing at all on the offseason.

:lol: Stop it. :lol:

LMA coming back is strange. I'm not necessarily complaining, but I think for him to spend his time like this he's likely hearing a better explanation of how he'd fit in basketball wise and laying out how he sees his future with us.

He must be desiring a market like LA and hoping the Lakers say the right things this time around. No other team he's seeing has that kind of offering.

Last edited:
I mean, he has fall backs. He knows he can go to San An and be fine. He knows he can go play for the Suns and be in a good situation. He can stay home in Portland and make the most money.

But he's giving us a second look. We have the money to pay him. We ABSOLUTELY could take on RoLo, a 27 year old 7 footer if that's what he wants. We have youth goin forward. And Kobe will be gone in a year, with cap space for 2 more max salaries next year. He already lives in LA. As Kobe tried to point out to him, Mitch has a track record of making moves that work out over the long haul. (unless vetoed)

But......

We also have Byron Scott, and Jim Buss. Do they do anything for LMA? :\

Maybe they got DeAndre in the bag?

Jordan
Aldridge
Kobe
Clarkson
DeAngelo

Idk. Sign DeAndre to Max

Sign and trade with Portland. Randle,Ed,Nick Young to Portland.

Help me E.

Maybe they got DeAndre in the bag?

Jordan
Aldridge
Kobe
Clarkson
DeAngelo

Idk. Sign DeAndre to Max

Sign and trade with Portland. Randle,Ed,Nick Young to Portland.

Help me E.

That would be cool :lol:

I'm pretty sure Portland wouldn't agree to that. If I'm not mistaken they said they're not helping S&T with anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom